Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 132 of 163
eronky25
hi all! does Arden have a catalogue or list of what’s standard or upgrade?
(for tiles, caesarstone and polytec) ive got photos but forgot to get the product names)

just ask for a re-browse appointment - mostly Cat 1 everything is standard including stone where ever you get it - you can see the inclusion list on their site
g33kerb0t
eronky25
hi all! does Arden have a catalogue or list of what’s standard or upgrade?
(for tiles, caesarstone and polytec) ive got photos but forgot to get the product names)
I think somebody posted that here a few months back. You may want to try to backtrack a bit.

I can tell you what i remember but it's not exhaustive:
- organic white - cat2
- frosty carrina - cat4
- white attica - cat5
- calcatta nuovo - cat5
- ocean foam - cat1(std)

I think if you go to caesarstone website you'll (generally) find that whatever is in their standard range is cat1, deluxe range is cat 2, supernatural is cat4, and supernatural ultra is cat5. Arden only has one cat3 colour - it was some kind of white if i remember correctly.

thanks so much!!
Ezza78
gags

Went for the colour browse yesterday. Had mind set on the below internals pretty much.

floor tile Kitchen, ensuite, BP, bathroom, laundry - hartwood walnut. similar to wollert display
island bench - cat 4 - White Attica
Kitchen, ensuite, BP, bathroom - cat 2 -snow
Wall tiles - Wet areas - trek sandstone White Rectified
Carpet - cat 3. forgot the name
Underaly - Ultimate
Kitchen, BP cabinitery -
Black Wenge Matt and white gloss. don't know yet as how will i position them ( similar to wollert display)
Ensuite and Bathroom Cabinetery - Black Wenge Matt (similar to wollert display)

Spent the whole time in internals. Nothing chosen for externals or paint colours.
My inspiration for bathroom is:

Inspiration from facade:

Nice choices Gags. Will you do floor to ceiling tiles? Hope our bathrooms look good with just standard tiles, stacked. Couldn't afford any more upgrades.

PM me your email and I can send you the list of bricks if you still need them. Doesn't include prices though, just categories.

Hi Ezza! would you please be able to send me the lost of the bricks as well? please thank you
eronky25
Ezza78
gags

Went for the colour browse yesterday. Had mind set on the below internals pretty much.

floor tile Kitchen, ensuite, BP, bathroom, laundry - hartwood walnut. similar to wollert display
island bench - cat 4 - White Attica
Kitchen, ensuite, BP, bathroom - cat 2 -snow
Wall tiles - Wet areas - trek sandstone White Rectified
Carpet - cat 3. forgot the name
Underaly - Ultimate
Kitchen, BP cabinitery -
Black Wenge Matt and white gloss. don't know yet as how will i position them ( similar to wollert display)
Ensuite and Bathroom Cabinetery - Black Wenge Matt (similar to wollert display)

Spent the whole time in internals. Nothing chosen for externals or paint colours.
My inspiration for bathroom is:

Inspiration from facade:

Nice choices Gags. Will you do floor to ceiling tiles? Hope our bathrooms look good with just standard tiles, stacked. Couldn't afford any more upgrades.

PM me your email and I can send you the list of bricks if you still need them. Doesn't include prices though, just categories.

Hi Ezza! would you please be able to send me the lost of the bricks as well? please thank you

Hi Eronky,

Here is the list:

Range 1: (Included)
Chestnut
Cream
Ruby
Red

Range 2: (Included)
Buff
Redgum
Buckwheat
Mannagum

Range 3: (Upgrade)
Tan
Blackwood
New Fawn
Ash
Parchment

Range 4: (Upgrade)
Cotton
Truffle
Biscotti
Pepperwood
Praline
Beachwood
Mushroom
Linseed

Range 5: (Upgrade)
Brighton
Hawthorn
Canterbury
Newport

Range 6: (Upgrade)
Char
IroSteel

Range 7: (Upgrade)
Burwood Blue
Chapel Red
Acland Cream

Range 8: (Upgrade)
Zinc
Graphite

I went with truffle and it costed me 2100 for Range 4 upgrade.
thanks a lot!!
eronky25
thanks a lot!!

I am also building 29 square house Genoa Royale.
gags
eronky25
thanks a lot!!

thats good to hear!!
what stage are you in now? still back reading the forum.

we just finished our precolour selection last saturday. they were really good with us. the appt was supposedly for one hr only but since we travelled from Geelong they allowed us to extend bit more and play with the colours but still at this point we don’t know yet what we wanted.
eronky25
gags
eronky25
thanks a lot!!

thats good to hear!!
what stage are you in now? still back reading the forum.

we just finished our precolour selection last saturday. they were really good with us. the appt was supposedly for one hr only but since we travelled from Geelong they allowed us to extend bit more and play with the colours but still at this point we don’t know yet what we wanted.

I signed tender 2 weeks ago and building in wyndham vale mid way between melbourne and geelong.

My land is to title in april, just a waiting game now.
Does anyone know what is S type flashing with laid back gutter to garage wall? this has been quoted in my tender.
gags
Does anyone know what is S type flashing with laid back gutter to garage wall? this has been quoted in my tender.

Yep. It lines the gutter up on top of the brickwork rather than over hanging it. We are having it on our garage as we are building on the boundary and this type of gutter won't overhang into the neighbour's property.

Below is from our plans and elevations, the s-type is bottom left and normal is top right, section with eaves bottom right

Clareymoo
gags

Yep. It lines the gutter up on top of the brickwork rather than over hanging it. We are having it on our garage as we are building on the boundary and this type of gutter won't overhang into the neighbour's property.

Below is from our plans and elevations, the s-type is bottom left and normal is top right, section with eaves bottom right

Thanks Clareymoo.
Manj
Quick question guys.. so the shade cloth, additional scaff requirements, dogman, crane and spotter even if you don’t have powerlines on your side are not part of house base price considering you would need them to build the house
also did anyone get hit by traffic management as well ? Thx

Traffic management is just us getting charged in case of ,I live in a busy suburb and no traffic management at all.
Gen20016
Manj
Quick question guys.. so the shade cloth, additional scaff requirements, dogman, crane and spotter even if you don’t have powerlines on your side are not part of house base price considering you would need them to build the house

Traffic management is just us getting charged in case of ,I live in a busy suburb and no traffic management at all.

Oh really, are you building with Arden? We have been stung by 7k for traffic management...and its not even provisional
Maybe we should ask for the quote they received.... our road is not busy at all and no schools in the area either...
Luckily quite street so no traffic management fee but got stung with $5k for crane due to powerlines - which are all on other side. Also got the shade cloth fee for privacy - but good point, should be included in cost of double house build but I guess if someone building in an area with no neighbours it wouldn’t be required.

I did question the crane fees, but they stand. They’d need the materials craned in regardless of powerlines you would think. Not sure how other builders do it, but I do like how transparent Arden is with all costs, others may bury them in one big site cost fee?

Ezza78
Luckily quite street so no traffic management fee but got stung with $5k for crane due to powerlines - which are all on other side. Also got the shade cloth fee for privacy - but good point, should be included in cost of double house build but I guess if someone building in an area with no neighbours it wouldn’t be required.

I did question the crane fees, but they stand. They’d need the materials craned in regardless of powerlines you would think. Not sure how other builders do it, but I do like how transparent Arden is with all costs, others may bury them in one big site cost fee?

thanks Ezza... I raised the same point about the crane... I still think we will ask for the traffic quote they got ... Its come to a stage that we just don't trust any builder any longer ...... 7k is a quite excessive for a road which is quite and no schools around
Manj
Gen20016
Manj

Oh really, are you building with Arden? We have been stung by 7k for traffic management...and its not even provisional
Maybe we should ask for the quote they received.... our road is not busy at all and no schools in the area either...

I live close in ashburton they delivered at night or early morning thanks but I live walking distance to my construction I checked everyday no traffic at all and yep building wit Arden will checked how much we got charged and will let you know passed my completion day and yet still fixing little things building a single storey started on 15/12/2016 and we are fighting to get the house back
Manj
Ezza78

thanks Ezza... I raised the same point about the crane... I still think we will ask for the traffic quote they got ... Its come to a stage that we just don't trust any builder any longer ...... 7k is a quite excessive for a road which is quite and no schools around

Ezza we needed the crane for the high ceilings as we have3.5 at the back lounge and kitchen area and 2.7 the rest of the house
Gen20016
Manj
Gen20016
[quote="Manj"]Quick question guys.. so the shade cloth, additional scaff requirements, dogman, crane and spotter even if you don’t have powerlines on your side are not part of house base price considering you would need them to build the house

I live close in ashburton they delivered at night or early morning thanks but I live walking distance to my construction I checked everyday no traffic at all and yep building wit Arden will checked how much we got charged and will let you know passed my completion day and yet still fixing little things building a single storey started on 15/12/2016 and we are fighting to get the house back[/quote]
Thanks gen20016 not far from us .. we r in Mount Waverley (hunting dale and Ferntreegully road pocket ) ..how’s the build gone so far? Are you happy with the quality ? Please PM the site supervisor if you can .. appreciate it. Looking forward to some pics as well
( that’s if you are happy to post)

Gen20016
Manj
Ezza78

Ezza we needed the crane for the high ceilings as we have3.5 at the back lounge and kitchen area and 2.7 the rest of the house

3.5m at back? Oh wow! Is that a rumpus? Must see photos of that when ready! How divine!! That’s my only regret with a double is you can’t do something like that.

The google reviews for Arden is now 3.6 ...big drop from 4.3 the last time I checked.... I'm wondering if they are falling towards the darker side where quality isn't paramount anymore...
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum