Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 57 of 163
Ezza78
Clareymoo
Yes we know we want concrete look flooring so grey and we picked a nice tile at the show room and a carpet to match.

I went in dead-set against a white bench top as I really don't want to spend my life cleaning tumeric stains off it but grey floor and grey bench top is too much and I dont wan't to go full black so white it is. The consultant was suggesting wood tones for the cupboards but we're both not sure on those, except for a quite dark one with subtle grain.

We'll get there, was just having a mini panic attack hehe

Which floor tile did you choose Clareymoo? Yes we had many moments of minor panic attacks on our choices, now it's all locked in I feel better, it's done and dusted now! I love the look of the White Island benches, crisp and fresh - will pop out against grey floors.

Pretty sure it was the Belga Grey one. Hubby took the photo and he's asleep. I have a family friend who works in flooring so will also be vising them to look at their tiles and carpets and also vinyl and see if we can get mates rates on something. But yes the Belga is the colour we will be going for.

I'm liking the look of having the island popping out against the cupboards behind, so white/light for the island and then dark cupboards behind.
Clareymoo
Ezza78
Clareymoo
Yes we know we want concrete look flooring so grey and we picked a nice tile at the show room and a carpet to match.

I went in dead-set against a white bench top as I really don't want to spend my life cleaning tumeric stains off it but grey floor and grey bench top is too much and I dont wan't to go full black so white it is. The consultant was suggesting wood tones for the cupboards but we're both not sure on those, except for a quite dark one with subtle grain.

We'll get there, was just having a mini panic attack hehe

Which floor tile did you choose Clareymoo? Yes we had many moments of minor panic attacks on our choices, now it's all locked in I feel better, it's done and dusted now! I love the look of the White Island benches, crisp and fresh - will pop out against grey floors.

Pretty sure it was the Belga Grey one. Hubby took the photo and he's asleep. I have a family friend who works in flooring so will also be vising them to look at their tiles and carpets and also vinyl and see if we can get mates rates on something. But yes the Belga is the colour we will be going for.

I'm liking the look of having the island popping out against the cupboards behind, so white/light for the island and then dark cupboards behind.

Nice. We have chosen Belga grey for all bathrooms, floor to ceiling tiling!

We will be going with belga gray and belga charcoal . Great tile!

we have flat ground but soft soil, land subject to flooding inundation. 30K for site costs.
New estate but not titling for awhile. It's all just a mud pit at the moment but it's on the flat. Fingers crossed we don't have rock issues. We are leaning towards a slightly modified Milan/Sienna. All budget depending. It's hard being so far away from titling. Have no idea where we will be at then. Hopefully much richer though.
Ezza78
Varispe
Awesome. Thanks for the info guys. I'm much clearer now.

Is your block flat or sloped? New estate or KDR? The sales person told me Arden don't put a mark up on site costs. What are you thinking of building?

New estate but not titling for awhile. It's all just a mud pit at the moment but it's on the flat. Fingers crossed we don't have rock issues. We are leaning towards a slightly modified Milan/Sienna. All budget depending. It's hard being so far away from titling. Have no idea where we will be at then. Hopefully much richer though.
Ezza78
Clareymoo
Ezza78

Nice. We have chosen Belga grey for all bathrooms, floor to ceiling tiling!

ooh that will be lovely
geminithinker
We will be going with belga gray and belga charcoal . Great tile!

seems like we're on a winner!
Hi all,

Been tuning in on all your progress for some time now - exciting to see where you're all at! We're still agonizingly awaiting the commencement of our build...feels like the longest, slowest, most drawn out process...but we finally commenced demolition last week so it feels like we are finally progressing 😊

Have started a blog to document our progress to date as all of your information has been so useful to us. Jump over and have a look.

https://bespokedreamhome.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Good luck with all your builds,
Kat
Good luck Kat! What suburb are you building in? How exciting for you. Glad u got your setback approved! So did we. We demo next month. Best wishes.

Hi Ezza, we're in Whitehorse near Box Hill. Where abouts are you building again? Looks like you've been really planned about getting your dispensation, us not so much, wish we would have pushed them to hurry that process along. To comply with council we should have had a min 7.5m front setback (with a block that's only 28m in length that would have left us no backyard!), our initial application was for a 4m setback for which we got rejected. Now trying at 5.5m, fingers crossed it gets through! so excited to hear about your progress. When are you demolishing?
Hey Kat, sorry I thought you said you got your dispensation approved. We only applied for 6.5m instead of 8 (not including porch). We are building in Chelsea.

We applied for dispensation ourselves though with a plans from tender stage. It helped I think to give examples of other houses on same street that are same distance if further forward than what we applied for. Good luck!

Hi Jeeta

How about some photos of your balcony. Are you putting the driveway yourself. Also are you looking to concrete around the house.
Just wondered if anyone knew the external colours of the new Milan display in Lyndhurst?

Ezza78
Just wondered if anyone knew the external colours of the new Milan display in Lyndhurst?

Didn't ask but it was a nice Hampton-themed facade. I'm sure it will look good on your votivo.

Thanks to Jeeta who posted the pix of the votivo, we had some additional inspiration to change up our facade a little bit to make it look like a poor man's geneva

My tender is next week so I'll see how much the mod will cost.

Good luck at tender. Nice that you got the inspiration before tender appointment.

Yes that's the single story version of the face we chose so I was keen to know what colours they selected.

katgalle
Hi all,

Been tuning in on all your progress for some time now - exciting to see where you're all at! We're still agonizingly awaiting the commencement of our build...feels like the longest, slowest, most drawn out process...but we finally commenced demolition last week so it feels like we are finally progressing 😊

Have started a blog to document our progress to date as all of your information has been so useful to us. Jump over and have a look.

https://bespokedreamhome.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Good luck with all your builds,
Kat

Hi Kat

Nice modified house plan.
Liked ur colour choice too.
pEast
Hi Jeeta

How about some photos of your balcony. Are you putting the driveway yourself. Also are you looking to concrete around the house.

There you go - they actually modified it last minute to have the rendered beam rise above the floor level. This is to stop rain/water running down the front of the balcony and leaving water stains.

The tiles for the balcony went in today.

Hoping for handover over the next 2-3 business days!!

The last few weeks have crawled.

Doing the drive way myself - have got it all lined up, just waiting for handover

Jeeta23
pEast
Hi Jeeta

There you go - they actually modified it last minute to have the rendered beam rise above the floor level. This is to stop rain/water running down the front of the balcony and leaving water stains.

Doing the drive way myself - have got it all lined up, just waiting for handover

You are really making me regret not going with a facade that has a balcony lol. Looks great!!

geminithinker
Jeeta23
pEast
Hi Jeeta

You are really making me regret not going with a facade that has a balcony lol. Looks great!!

Thank you. I neglected to mention it's not finished in that pic, so I will put up the finished product in due course.

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum