Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ben Trager - Secret Harbour - Could it get any worse?

Page 34 of 53
Goodness me. That contravenes everything I was taught as an apprentice too !
Sometimes janicec even a double facepalm doesn't quite cut it.

Schulz, Klink & Hogan agree

Stewie
wow looks like you have had rough ride with this build!
I hope that your builder gets all of these things fix before you pay them that last check!
Not BT's fault??? Who employed the trades and who was supposed to be supervising them?
Have to agree with Alsthom...

Oh my! It beggars belief. I feel so bad for you. I don't know how you have not blown you top by now. One can only hope the sort their s%*t out.
Oh owf. Definitely triple facepalm...at least! I really admire your attitude towards all the troubles you have faced - almost anyone else would have really lost it by now - i know i would have!! It is really dissapointing, but you will have a beautiful home at the end of all this just keep your eye on the prize!
Definitely don't hand over the final check until your happy. It's been 6 months since we handed ours over and moved in, and BT still haven't finished the place. Biggest regret ever handing over the last cheque and trusting them that it would be complete within 2 weeks like they promised.
Antzz, that's crazy.... What did they leave undone?

It's more things that are wrong. Roof leaking is one. I'm playing the waiting game at the moment to see what their next step is before I take it further. I've asked to speak to management or Ben himself but keep getting brushed off. We did meet with one supervisor about a month ago which seems to be a big step forward and it was all going to be sorted asap but something always happens and they'll get back to us....
That is unacceptable, really. Very pathetic attitude. Where did u build Antzz?

We are in Harrisdale/Piara Waters area
Sorry to hijack your thread OWF
Althom
Not BT's fault??? Who employed the trades and who was supposed to be supervising them?

I'm not saying they're not responsible. They are! I'm just saying that you can't keep an eye on everyone all the time. These problems are relatively minor and certainly not worth getting stressed about. They will be fixed.

At the end of the day, we're only paying the contract price, if they want to give away their profit to monkeys, it's their prerogative.

2-cupcakes-pls
I hope that your builder gets all of these things fix before you pay them that last check!

Antzz
Definitely don't hand over the final check until your happy.

Believe you me that's not going to happen. Fortunately, with the new job, Armed Forces pension and Investments we can comfortably afford rent, bills and mortgage indefinitely, plus our landlord isn't in a hurry for us to leave. So we're happy stay here until we're happy to accept our house. It's far worse for people that are forced into accepting defective houses because they can't afford not to. Luckily we don't!

Antzz
Sorry to hijack your thread OWF

Don't worry about it Antzz. We can fully understand your frustration. I would blow my top in your case.
On a positive note I love the colours of your render
archetto
On a positive note I love the colours of your render

Thanks. That's one of the things that keeps us going, knowing that our choices are exactly what we wanted....and look good......to us, at least.
All of the above has been extremely timely. Our house just sold and settlement is in three and half weeks. Moving our stuff to storage and staying with in laws for a few weeks is our current plan rather than rushing the build. Double handling the furniture is our biggest problem but our time is a small price.
Not just to you, they look great! Soon you'll be relaxing in your lovely home, no doubt on that balcony watching the sun go down
Def looks good, owf. I guess it's all about how mistakes r handled. Still, can't help but wonder about that paint in the rain thing. I can almost imagine Eliza Doolittle intoning "the paint in the rain...."

And what do you know, about 2 hours after posting in your thread OWF a maintenance contractor text me to say he will be around on Wednesday to sort some of the issues.
What a coincidence.....
Hey Antzz, did he show up?

Sure did. Coming back next Wednesday to finish it off. Fingers crossed.
Related
3/11/2023
How hot/cold does a sunroom get?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Depends how much direct sun it gets. Is there any shading (eaves or trees)? If the sun hits a window directly it doesn't matter too much if it's double or single…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

6/12/2023
How long to get the Cert of Occupancy issued?

Building A New House

Congratulations! Nice to put that to bed before christmas, now you can relax

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum