Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first little Bellevue in the Fields!!

Page 3 of 5
Sooo exciting NatTabs!!
Just paid our 5% building Deposit.... should have a slab in about a month!!!
congrats that is fantastic
That's awesome NatTabs!!

congrats!!
Congratulations NatTabs!!! What fantastic news and progress!!! Looking at your revised house plans I got that thrill feeling I got when revising mine in the beginning stages...it's really so exciting and fun!!! I'm so happy things are coming a long well!!

That's a fantastic idea to remove the alfresco and do it yourselves later....clever!!

So very excited for you...keep keeping us posted!!!
I feel like we're a little Carlisle family! Lol!!

HD
Hey NatTabs! Where are you two building?

Woops! Just saw you said Gisborne in another thread. Beautiful!! Would love to come over and pop open a champagne and celebrate with you guys once you move into your gorgeous home!

HD
LittleWing
Congratulations NatTabs!!! What fantastic news and progress!!! Looking at your revised house plans I got that thrill feeling I got when revising mine in the beginning stages...it's really so exciting and fun!!! I'm so happy things are coming a long well!!

That's a fantastic idea to remove the alfresco and do it yourselves later....clever!!

HD

Thanks Littlewing!
I received some news today saying we should be starting in 2-3 weeks... CANT WAIT!!

I love logging on and tellng my 'family' how we are progressing, will be great when something finally starts to happen!!
I'm sure everybody at work and home are starting to get sick of my constant house talk!!

I honestly couldn't beleive how far along you had come with your build. I was absolutely amazed when i saw your pics!
After looking at yours i feel like there is (a tiny tiny) bit of hope of being in ours before new years!
And agreed about the Champagne once we are in!!
I have to go and pay for Asset Protection Permit on Thursday....

Spoke to the Council about it yesterday and they said the builder is usually the one who organises it.
Just another thing to the neverending list of payments to make!!!
NatTabs
LittleWing

HD

Thanks Littlewing!
I received some news today saying we should be starting in 2-3 weeks... CANT WAIT!!

I love logging on and tellng my 'family' how we are progressing, will be great when something finally starts to happen!!
I'm sure everybody at work and home are starting to get sick of my constant house talk!!

I honestly couldn't beleive how far along you had come with your build. I was absolutely amazed when i saw your pics!
After looking at yours i feel like there is (a tiny tiny) bit of hope of being in ours before new years!
And agreed about the Champagne once we are in!!

Hey there Nat!

Oh yes there are always things to be paid...I imagine that's what it's like to have a teenager! Lol! It is fantastic news though, means things are moving along...!

So what has been happening??? Do you have a portaloo yet?
you will never be more excited to see a portaloo let me tell you! Lol!!

Hahaha oh boy do I understand! You start to feel like some sort of crazy person, talking to others about wear ratings and grout colours and brushed vs polished silver lol!! I keep apologising on Facebook for all the house pics, haha!

Oh absolutely! I don't see why you shouldn't have hope for a pre- New Years move!
Perfect with the champagne too! Haha! Each house is different of course but I think Carlisle really strives to be efficient when it comes to their builds

I just realised how many exclamation points I use...yikes..... Lol

HD
LittleWing
Hey there Nat!

Oh yes there are always things to be paid...I imagine that's what it's like to have a teenager! Lol! It is fantastic news though, means things are moving along...!

So what has been happening??? Do you have a portaloo yet?
you will never be more excited to see a portaloo let me tell you! Lol!!

Hahaha oh boy do I understand! You start to feel like some sort of crazy person, talking to others about wear ratings and grout colours and brushed vs polished silver lol!! I keep apologising on Facebook for all the house pics, haha!

Oh absolutely! I don't see why you shouldn't have hope for a pre- New Years move!
Perfect with the champagne too! Haha! Each house is different of course but I think Carlisle really strives to be efficient when it comes to their builds

I just realised how many exclamation points I use...yikes..... Lol

HD

Nothing to exciting like a portaloo just yet!
Had a call from our CLE yestarday saying they received our approved plans back from the council, so just waiting for fun stuff like double checking everything in our contract and tender docs!
He said that start date is scheduled for the end of this month, that it MAY be sooner but didn't want to get our hopes up just incase!

I'm starting to doubt the Pre-New Years move in... If they start at the end of this monthit will be 3 1/2 months to complete build before the 21 days of holidays the builders are suppose to take around the Christmas / New Year period.
Haha well here's to hoping you see that portaloo soon!! Have you heard any news??

Yes it's unfortunate the timing places you so close to the holiday break....I sure hope they power through as much as they can
it is very possible you'll be in before New Years and if not then very soon after I imagine. If all goes as planned I might have my keys in two weeks so that would mean 3 months to complete my build, I wish the same for you!

NatTabs

Nothing to exciting like a portaloo just yet!
Had a call from our CLE yestarday saying they received our approved plans back from the council, so just waiting for fun stuff like double checking everything in our contract and tender docs!
He said that start date is scheduled for the end of this month, that it MAY be sooner but didn't want to get our hopes up just incase!

I'm starting to doubt the Pre-New Years move in... If they start at the end of this monthit will be 3 1/2 months to complete build before the 21 days of holidays the builders are suppose to take around the Christmas / New Year period.

HD
I am getting VERY frustrated with C^rlisle..... We signed Contracts on the 11th July and we still havent even had dirt moved yet...

I sent our final contract off by express post today. We have been told our site scrape will be the 10th and slab pour will be the 24th....
Is it just me or does this seem forever away!?????
Progress?!
http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r774/NatTabs/a69a54da2106bf6c59f35e113b59766f_zps718287cb.jpg
Had a call from the Building Manager today saying we will hopefully have slab in on the 24th Sept and frame up buy the end of the month.
I explained our frustration with how long this process has dragged out so far and he said we still have a small chance of being in by christmas!
Cling to the tiny bit of hope?!
NatTabs
I am getting VERY frustrated with C^rlisle..... We signed Contracts on the 11th July and we still havent even had dirt moved yet...

I sent our final contract off by express post today. We have been told our site scrape will be the 10th and slab pour will be the 24th....
Is it just me or does this seem forever away!?????

I am beginning to understand your frustration.

we already signed contracts and was waiting for banking approval which I got the other day, which I had to chase after not hearing anything.

emailed CLE to see if mortgage broker got in contact with her in regards to it being approved, 24 hrs later she reply saying she got the confirmation and our finance requirement has now been met.

she contacted me last week regards to cleaning my site so it can enable them to start construction, so got it cleaned last week but now what? she didn't say anything about sending final drawings out or anything and that's pretty much all that i'm waiting for.
February12
I am beginning to understand your frustration.

we already signed contracts and was waiting for banking approval which I got the other day, which I had to chase after not hearing anything.

emailed CLE to see if mortgage broker got in contact with her in regards to it being approved, 24 hrs later she reply saying she got the confirmation and our finance requirement has now been met.

she contacted me last week regards to cleaning my site so it can enable them to start construction, so got it cleaned last week but now what? she didn't say anything about sending final drawings out or anything and that's pretty much all that i'm waiting for.

Expect more frustration!!!
Had a phone call from a lovely lady the other day introducing herself as our new CLE...... This now makes her the THIRD we have had....

Having said that though, our step in site supervisors (cause ours is on Annual Leave till mid Oct) have both been good so far, have both contacted me letting me know where everything is at and letting me know whats happening from here!
I emailed our new CLE back saying that I hope its a smooth process with her from here on!!

Off to see our dirt tomorrow, check on the progress! Mum drove past the other day and tells me we have a temp fence and portaloo!!
Hi NatTabs, Looks like you are starting to get somewhere. We are also building in Gisborne. Its a slow process to get started but once its running, it will go quickly. We hope to have our slab down by the 1st week of Oct. Site cut has been done and also the meter box is in, so the next step is the drainage. good luck with it all.

A
andsuz
Hi NatTabs, Looks like you are starting to get somewhere. We are also building in Gisborne. Its a slow process to get started but once its running, it will go quickly. We hope to have our slab down by the 1st week of Oct. Site cut has been done and also the meter box is in, so the next step is the drainage. good luck with it all.

A

Hi Andsuz!

We are slowly getting there!
I'm still frustrated, not at carlisle, but with the weather ATM!
Our slab was originally suppose to be poured early this week, then late this week, now its tuesday next week..... And Im pretty sure it's suppose to rain tuesday as well.... mother nature..... not my friend!!

Where abouts are you building?
This is as far as we have got!! http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r774/NatTabs/761dd938893901e3bc8b141d08b90239_zps96ab5a5c.jpg
Hopefully more to come next week!
NatTabs
andsuz

A

Hi Andsuz!

We are slowly getting there!
I'm still frustrated, not at carlisle, but with the weather ATM!
Our slab was originally suppose to be poured early this week, then late this week, now its tuesday next week..... And Im pretty sure it's suppose to rain tuesday as well.... mother nature..... not my friend!!

Where abouts are you building?

Hi Nat, we are building in an estate called Moringside. It is near the high school. Our drainage was done last week and they are now forming up the slab. The builder has indicated that the slab will be finished by next Tuesday. So I to are hoping the weather improves. We were up there on the weekend and it seemed to be fairly dry after the rain we had last week..

A
andsuz
Hi Nat, we are building in an estate called Moringside. It is near the high school. Our drainage was done last week and they are now forming up the slab. The builder has indicated that the slab will be finished by next Tuesday. So I to are hoping the weather improves. We were up there on the weekend and it seemed to be fairly dry after the rain we had last week..

A

Don't get too excited about it being dry... I'm up here at the moment, staying at my parents house looking after their furbabies while they are away.... It has done nothing but rain for the last 3 days!! I drove past ours yesterday and we have had progress... plastic down, wire mesh and polystyrene are all down... just waiting for some concrete! Going to go past again tomorrow after work... crossing my fingers for a couple of nice days... cause I have had a look at the forcast and its rain till Tuesday next week!
Related
9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum