Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help needed, anyone building at Trinity, alkimos

Page 1 of 1
Our plans went into council today, yay!! Problem is we only got conditional approval from LWP because they didn't like the colour we chose for our portico (deep ocean) so what colours did you guys pick???Sso I can get an idea of what to go for. I would like a dark grey, is that ok? Still this is the first problem we have come across so we are doing ok!

Cheers
Ali
Do you have a covenent for building in your area?
yeah, only allowed to pick certain colours, well not colours exactly, a theme is probably a better way of putting it.
Hi cedes,

We're building in Trinity (currently getting the roof frame on!) and we chose Solver Paints "Betty Boop" for a contrast render, which is a dark purple similar to one of the colours in the chart which is included in the covenants. Our main colour is a light grey, then the rest of the house is face brick.

We were initially concerned they would reject our roof tiles for being too dark, but driving around the estate we saw the same tiles on a couple of houses and they approved our plans on the first submission.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to have a dark grey - I've seen quite a few houses around Trinity which have already been built in a combination of different greys. Good luck!
Thankyou, fingers crossed! Going into Redink on Monday to pick a new colour.
How did you go with picking new colour?
Related
9/05/2023
Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

General Discussion

Hi All, I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts. I…

19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

20/01/2024
Roof Load Width Needed

Renovation + Home Improvement

Any structural alteration to your home requires building permit. Before you get it you will have to supply plans with structural assessment, you will also be removing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum