Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 4 of 250
Thanks for the update BeccaJ- nearly there! Glad it was all minor things that can be fixed quickly. What stages did you get an independent building inspector to check may I ask?
Only for final. I've been visiting on site quite a bit, and had a few tradie mates look at things. I've not seen anything that really concerns me, so didn't feel the need to get inspections at each stage.
YIPEE WE HAVE FORMAL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!! was so worried about the valuation as james said heaps have come back this month under purchase price...... Might needa have a drink tonight
Woohoo!!! Congrats, that's awesome! Was the valuation good?
yeah it was Livingston must be good
not looking forward to reading through mortgage papers haha. were they pretty straight forward?? or a complicated read
I would like to say they were straight forward but.... It was a LOT of reading! I got a glass of wine on a Friday night and read through the whole lot! I ended up booking an appointment with Resolve to go through the documents with me and explain them which they were great at doing and then signed them there. Some people get a solicitor to look over them but I found that once I knew the "lingo" it was ok. Happy reading
Congrats on the formal appoval Ruby! It's not a straightforward read, and there's tonnes of it!

I have my "New Home Presentation" tomorrow morning. So they've rectified all of the things that they're prepared to on the list from my independent inspector. The only thing they disagreed about was the carpet in the wardrobes, so I might have to tack that down myself.

So if I am happy with it all tomorrow, hopefully I can then give the final payment go ahead to Resolve/BlueBay and get a bit closer to the dream...
How was the home presentation BeccaJ? What and who does that involve? Hope all went well for you.
The presentation is your final inspection time, if you don't get an inspector. So you go through the house with the site supervisor to check everything over.

Since I had an inspection, it was just to check the work is OK and another chance to go over and pick up any issues. So took the chance to check edges, corners, joins etc. picked up a few things where a bit of silicon or paint touch up is needed.

So listed out all of those things and signed off to say once that was done, the house was acceptable. That afternoon my final accounts were sent, so arranged my house insurance as they suggested and gave Bluebay those details and the OK to do the final payment.

Since then, Bluebay valued the house on Thursday, and on Friday they transferred my last payment.

I have my handover appointment at the city office Wednesday to pick up keys, then appliance install Thursday, for a move in on Friday and Saturday!!
that is so exciting for you becca!!!! your gonna b in your new home. goodluck with the move next week
Wow Becca! The time is here!! Good luck with the handover and moving, I'm sure you have a busy week ahead!
So glad I found you guys! I'm right at the start of the journey with HBC, having signed up and out down the deposit for a block in Highlands at Craigieburn. So far so good, the run has been smooth...I've been trying to find out how much I'd be looking at for the kitchen upgrades and you've all given me a fair idea
hi ez85 yeah I was so happy when I found this thread. awesome to have people further along in the build to question, lol ive had lots of them
What house design have you picked? whens your land tilte?
Welcome ez85! Fantastic that this little group is growing

Looking forward to hearing about your journey! Apparently I am about 5 weeks away from land titles...fingers crossed for no delays!
So since I'm going it alone, I've got a nice little block with a Phoenix 15 happening. WIR, that's all I needed to hear haha. The York facade was included in the quoted price which I'm happy with, cos I prefer render to brick work

As for land titling - April 14! I've got a looooooong wait ahead. Also gives me more time to put more cash aside which can't be a bad thing. I've had the estimates done for the loan, and they've all come up better than expected. Apparently I shouldn't have any dramas getting over the line, here's hoping! Pre approval for finance is kicking off next week, so fingers crossed...
awesome ez85 im looking forward to my WIR too never had one in my life!!! My lands not titling til dec now been delayed, I just wanna hurry up n get to building! lol good luck with pre approval hope its quick for you, mine only took 1 week. but I know poor pooks took ages!!
Hey Ruby, I just went to Livingston to check progress on the estate. I saw where your Lot is- we aren't that far from each other. You have a side fence already, that's good! Did you have to pay for that already with your neighbour?
P.S- Ruby123 are you going to the Livingston BBQ this afternoon? We are! Maybe I will see you there
heya! yeah were not far from each other. that fence is one of peets randoms scattered throughout the estate so its free for me
SCORE lol that's why we chose that lot against others down artfield street. I couldn't make the bbq my hubby was working so that was a bugger! did you enjoy it? met any of your neighbours?
Nice win on the fence! You didn't miss much at the BBQ...it was freezing! We were there from 4-5. There probably ended up being about 20 people when we were there but I didn't meet any neighbours, apparently they weren't there. A few PEET reps were there. They are thinking our stage won't have further delays and we are looking at about October 15th for titles!
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum