Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 246 of 250
EricS
Hey ngrundy and atherbogan,

I did spend a bit on upgrades. I increased ceiling to 2700mm, added double glazed windows, upgraded the kitchen.
Those are stuffs that I think will cost a lot more to do post handover.
The others about $4k are cosmetics like powerpoints, lights and stuffs.
I don't hve any alfresco at this stage.

I hope other banks can give me a better valuation.

Cheers

Hopefully, a different bank has helped you with the valuation problem you're seeing?

If it's any help I list the changes we made in our PWC her viewtopic.php?p=1610302#p1610302

In other news, we were handed over to construction on Friday last week. I swung past the block this morning on the way to work and they have already done the site cut and put the power and comms conduit into the ground!
Hi ngrundy,
Wow that's a healthy list of upgrades! Niceee
I hope that it's smooth sailing for construction for you. Good luck!
Are you using any independent inspector?

Found out about the valuations from other banks a couple of days ago and they aren't good. All are around $450k mark. Still $30k short. It doesn't seem like I'll be able to afford this one.
The chance of me cancelling this one is getting more and more likely.
EricS
Hi ngrundy,
Are you using any independent inspector?

Found out about the valuations from other banks a couple of days ago and they aren't good. All are around $450k mark. Still $30k short. It doesn't seem like I'll be able to afford this one.
The chance of me cancelling this one is getting more and more likely.

That's pretty crap that the valuations are coming in so far under, especially given it's a house and land package!
Are any of the banks able to provide an indication of what changes you've made that are devaluing the property at all?

We're engaging Darabeca to do inspections at every stage of the build. I'm confident that the build will be of a high quality, we see the inspections as a insurance policy.
Our slab went down today!
It was delayed by 6 days due to the weather but it's done!

Hi. Can anyone recommend a good fence person for the Mickleham area?
Anna 10
Hi. Can anyone recommend a good fence person for the Mickleham area?

I'd be interested to know this as well!
Hey Guys, Does anyone know how much extra double glazed windows are? Thank you in advance 😊
For our Encore 18 the double glazing was $3K for all windows and sliding doors.
eleishajane
Hey Guys, I am building the Phoenix 15, does anyone have any pictures of theres?
y

Hi eleishajane,

Hope following pictures will help you from my Phoenix 15.
Newport 275+
eleishajane
Hey Guys, I am building the Phoenix 15, does anyone have any pictures of theres?
y

Hi eleishajane,

Hi Newport 275+,

Your place looks amazing!
Can I ask what interior colour scheme your house has?
ngrundy
Newport 275+
eleishajane
y

Hi eleishajane,

Hi Newport 275+,

Hi ngrundy,

It's their Pebble colour scheme.
Newport 275+
ngrundy
Hi Newport 275+,

Hi ngrundy,

It's their Pebble colour scheme.

Thanks for that, sounds like they have changed some of their colour schemes since we did our colour selections back in September last year! Our internal scheme is Harvest, no idea if that still exists.
ngrundy
Newport 275+
eleishajane
y

Hi eleishajane,

Hi Newport 275+,

Thanks so much for letting me know and for putting pictures up
It looks so good, congrats on the new home. Did you get the roof lined alfresco or was this done afterwards? It looks so spaciousin the pics
Hi Eleisha,
Thank you. Phoenix15 is one of the best house design for a narrow block & it's very practical design as well. I built this place back in 2015 & back then I couldn't find any pictures of Phoenix15. Therefore I know how helpful these photos for new house owners. It isn't a roofline alfresco but a pergola I built after the hand over.
hi all, just purchased our land at cornerstone, werribee and am building with homebuyers, was wondering does anyone have a contact for an inspector? I read in some of the older pages on a person named Darabeca, but couldnt' find her contact. anyone has her number to share? cheers!
EnegueWeil
hi all, just purchased our land at cornerstone, werribee and am building with homebuyers, was wondering does anyone have a contact for an inspector? I read in some of the older pages on a person named Darabeca, but couldnt' find her contact. anyone has her number to share? cheers!

Here you go

Atherbogan
EnegueWeil

Here you go

Mate thanks a bunch!

can't wait for me color apointment next! been reading everyones stories on their home and its so exciting!
Settlement going through on Friday. Finally feel like we are getting somewhere. Can't wait to start building.

--EDIT--

And....delayed.

Settlement now isn't going through for another two weeks

Apparently, it's going to take longer as it's part of a joined house and land package with 13 properties and all are settling at the same time.
Newport 275+
eleishajane
y

Hi eleishajane,

How much does it cost for the back yard? It look great, i would like to build one too.
Hi Anna,
For the deck & pergola, you are looking around $5500.00 - 6000.00
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum