Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 231 of 250
Anna_li2511
LILPOM

Bit of DIY out the front so we can park two cars on a bit easier. So glad we moved the letter box over more so we had the room.

Looking forward to having our garden done by the developer will look great when done. Finally be half finished

House - Jasper17

We are building Jasper 17 too, Lilpom if you dont mind i would like to see more photos of your Jasper 17! Thank you.

Yeah ill send some via message.

LILPOM, your house looks great, well done. I'm so jealous, feels like I've been waiting forever already!
I'm wondering if anyone has thought to ask what it would cost for square set cornices inside the house, and another question I have, everyone seems to have the same sort of color scheme for outside their house, has anyone tried upgrading bricks to black or something a bit different?
Some more quick pics to get an idea of size for the Jasper17

LILPOM your house looks great!!
Silly question but who does the grass on the nature strip ? do you have to get top soil and do it yourself or does the cancel ?
Beautiful home Lipom. How many metres is your backyard from house to fence. I like seeing your pics they help me visualise what my house will look like.
I'm sure you've already mentioned it somewhere LILPOM but what colour is the flooring and is it a Cat1? It looks really good with the white interior.
Atherbogan
Beautiful home Lipom. How many metres is your backyard from house to fence. I like seeing your pics they help me visualise what my house will look like.

3.1 i think

my land title today im so excited , settlement in a few days:-D
Atherbogan
my land title today im so excited , settlement in a few days:-D

Yayyyy congrats

Has anyone been able to upgrade anything (not structural) after the land has title, but before final plans. I'm having issues with my consultant as she wont let me upgrade one thing because that will affect valuation - im still not sure how as I will be paying for it upfront. Any ideas on how to work around this would be greatly appreciated.
Just had my colours appointment with Renee, she was fantastic, very patient and helpful. Spent the 3k allowance that I had.

Swapped the timber floorings and benchtop colour with another theme, and just chose an external theme without any changes.

We got the glass splashback, waterfall edge, upgraded tap package, extra powerpoints, shower niche, extra tv points, swapped the 2 hinged cabinets on either side of the oven to pot draws and upgraded the front door lock.

Pretty happy with our selections and it was a good experience as well, now we just gotta wait til june for land to title.
dissimulo
Just had my colours appointment with Renee, she was fantastic, very patient and helpful. Spent the 3k allowance that I had.

Swapped the timber floorings and benchtop colour with another theme, and just chose an external theme without any changes.

We got the glass splashback, waterfall edge, upgraded tap package, extra powerpoints, shower niche, extra tv points, swapped the 2 hinged cabinets on either side of the oven to pot draws and upgraded the front door lock.

Pretty happy with our selections and it was a good experience as well, now we just gotta wait til june for land to title.

Where are you building ?

Atherbogan
Has anyone been able to upgrade anything (not structural) after the land has title, but before final plans. I'm having issues with my consultant as she wont let me upgrade one thing because that will affect valuation - im still not sure how as I will be paying for it upfront. Any ideas on how to work around this would be greatly appreciated.

I asked the same question! But was told had to wait for valuations! The alternative I was given was to see if we didn't require bushfire protection additions as they were worth around 4.5k ! We haven't even titled yet so I'm very confused

dissimulo

Hi have just seen the house I am building in person and am extremely happy. It is now time to book in my colour selection. I had a question for you, the things you upgraded, did that all come in at 3k. I was considering having a glass splash back but thought it would be way too much.
Jamesa81
dissimulo

Where are you building ?

Werribee, Harpley Estate

Yeah my upgrades came just under 3k.
Here's some of the costs of the upgrades;

- Tapware upgrade $290
- Glass splashback (only with free standing oven) $840
- Waterfall edge (40mm stonebench) $950
- Front door lock $150
- Extra batten lights $52
- Extra double powerpoints $51
- Extra TV points - $95
- 900mm double towel rail - $35
- Glass shelf for shower $146
Hi All,

I wanted to know if anyone got concrete path around their house.

and if yes, can you recommend the concreter? i am in western suburbs of Melbourne.

Thanks.

dissimulo
Jamesa81
dissimulo

Where are you building ?

Werribee, Harpley Estate

Yeah my upgrades came just under 3k.
Here's some of the costs of the upgrades;

- Tapware upgrade $290
- Glass splashback (only with free standing oven) $840
- Waterfall edge (40mm stonebench) $950
- Front door lock $150
- Extra batten lights $52
- Extra double powerpoints $51
- Extra TV points - $95
- 900mm double towel rail - $35
- Glass shelf for shower $146

That is great! Thankyou! I also have Renee, I am glad they let you swap a few things around too! I am very excited to get the colour selection done!
My advice to anyone who has not yet had there Pre Start Consultation is to request as much information as you can so that you are prepared. For example what are the upgrades. See if you can get a list of All changes and upgrades you can make. And of course the cost. I went in abit blind to my appointment and had nothing but the Colour Selections Workbook. I have read here that some people were able to make changes between themes etc. I was never given that option. The only upgrades that were discussed with me were your standard ones and that's it. It was only after reading posts on this site and reading about upgrades/changes that people had made that I wish I had also done myself. How are you meant to know what changes/upgrades you can make if they don't tell you?!. Also after this appointment you do get told you can not make any further changes. Which they stick too!. This is frustrating when you have been waiting for a year for your land to title. I'm not sure why they don't just wait till closer to the title date.
Anna 10
My advice to anyone who has not yet had there Pre Start Consultation is to request as much information as you can so that you are prepared. For example what are the upgrades. See if you can get a list of All changes and upgrades you can make. And of course the cost. I went in abit blind to my appointment and had nothing but the Colour Selections Workbook. I have read here that some people were able to make changes between themes etc. I was never given that option. The only upgrades that were discussed with me were your standard ones and that's it. It was only after reading posts on this site and reading about upgrades/changes that people had made that I wish I had also done myself. How are you meant to know what changes/upgrades you can make if they don't tell you?!. Also after this appointment you do get told you can not make any further changes. Which they stick too!. This is frustrating when you have been waiting for a year for your land to title. I'm not sure why they don't just wait till closer to the title date.

I feel your pain.We wanted to make changes too but told that after PWC no changes allowed and we weren't told of any options.Really disappointing of HBC.

Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum