Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 210 of 250
LILPOM
I wish I had seen it sooner !!! If of got it taken off !!!

Do you think that there is any chance you get get it taken off??

sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll present you with a much nicer one?
tarajbrown
LILPOM

They may allow you to make a variation to the contract... but then I was only strictly allowed only one variation so depends if you think its worth it. Maybe worth giving them a call...
I agree, they are strict with variations to the contract so best option is to contact them.

Also below is an example of the Jasper17 kitchen but from a display with a different design :

I thought I'd share our allllmost finished dining space. The bench cushions arrived today

I really like that Jasper design...but I don't think that was one of my color scheme options.

Wow puglover that looks amazing.. What a beautiful design.
az.0
I agree, they are strict with variations to the contract so best option is to contact them.

Also below is an example of the Jasper17 kitchen but from a display with a different design :

That looks lovely. Thanks for sharing. Where did u find this?? Or did u take it?

I wish i got cupboards aboce the fridge;(

tarajbrown
LILPOM

Yes they will allow it to be removed.

Lol i made 3 variationsm they wernt happy but i was like please i have never done this before i was rushed (which we were
)

LILPOM
tarajbrown
LILPOM

Yes they will allow it to be removed.

Lol i made 3 variationsm they wernt happy but i was like please i have never done this before i was rushed (which we were
)

If you want it taken off, good luck hopefully you can! Who was your colour consultant? I felt like mine didn't care and wanted to me to choose anything to hurry it up.

Its too late we get handed over to construction this month.

LILPOM
Its too late we get handed over to construction this month.

Bummer! However exciting!

Sighned our final plans last night. Just got to send them back when i get to work on monday

So we received our developer approval yesterday and should be handed over to construction on the 24th! Getting excited!

OMG yay so good to see you guys progressing!
How exciting! Can't wait to watch your progress!
Our land was meant to to start development last month and I rang to the council and they informed me that the developer last month only put in the building permit

Really excited to track people's builds. Look forward to seeing others Jaspers too

Hi everyone,

It's great to see how everyone's builds are going. I am building the Circa 21 in Parks Edge and I am certain it is near completion. This week our final fittings are being completed and the driveway is being poured. For those of you who have finished building, how long after this stage did it take until you moved in?

After watching all the little details be completed over the last month, I am beginning to regret some of my colour choices and in hindsight I now realise we were really rushed through our selections appointment! There are so many small things we should have paid more attention to, such as being persuaded to choose a different window frame colour to what I wanted, the splashback tiles, the colour of the bricks and the option to have a window next to the front door (which we didn't even think about, just assumed as all of their facade pictures showed it). As we had to have upgraded render as part of our estate's guidelines I wish I had been more persistent in asking to see what it would look like.

Other than that our build has been smooth sailing so far except for one hiccup when our site manager was supposed to organise a pre-plaster inspection with our building inspector, but didn't, so we completely missed that stage and wasn't informed until too late. Very frustrating. We have also noticed from looking through the windows that the splashback tiles in the kitchen and laundry have been put on out of line and wonky in some parts - but we will get this sorted on our next walkthrough and make sure it gets fixed.

This is all so exciting for everyone, and I am glad I'm not the only one that has had some of these experiences!
leesh9
Hi everyone,

It's great to see how everyone's builds are going. I am building the Circa 21 in Parks Edge and I am certain it is near completion. This week our final fittings are being completed and the driveway is being poured. For those of you who have finished building, how long after this stage did it take until you moved in?

After watching all the little details be completed over the last month, I am beginning to regret some of my colour choices and in hindsight I now realise we were really rushed through our selections appointment! There are so many small things we should have paid more attention to, such as being persuaded to choose a different window frame colour to what I wanted, the splashback tiles, the colour of the bricks and the option to have a window next to the front door (which we didn't even think about, just assumed as all of their facade pictures showed it). As we had to have upgraded render as part of our estate's guidelines I wish I had been more persistent in asking to see what it would look like.

Other than that our build has been smooth sailing so far except for one hiccup when our site manager was supposed to organise a pre-plaster inspection with our building inspector, but didn't, so we completely missed that stage and wasn't informed until too late. Very frustrating. We have also noticed from looking through the windows that the splashback tiles in the kitchen and laundry have been put on out of line and wonky in some parts - but we will get this sorted on our next walkthrough and make sure it gets fixed.

This is all so exciting for everyone, and I am glad I'm not the only one that has had some of these experiences!

Have you told your SS about the wonky tiles? Let him know straight away so he can get into it. We discovered incorrect tiles and Caesarstone had been installed when we went past one Sunday for a sticky beak. We told the SS when we next saw him and he said to let him know immediately if we ever spot anything like that. Because we delayed the replacement Caesarstone slowed us right down and handover got held up because of it.
We are meeting with our SS this week and will call him tomorrow and mention it, we just weren't sure if it would look suss since we aren't supposed to be in the work site in the first place. ? Thanks for the heads up though, lucky you saw the caesarstone and tiles beforehand! How frustrating!
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum