Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 201 of 250
bugnada
Hi Lil Pom, we built a Jasper 17. Tomorrow I will take and send you some photos. We are very happy with our home.

Oh thats awesome

Thank you ever so much. Were so excited. We have settled and awaiting paperwork etc from HB.

Had you had any issues at all?

Jane610
We are building the Jasper. If our build happens before yours I'll happily send some on!

Hi Jane,

Thanks

Im hoping we'll start in Aug
really excited !!

Hey guys I hope someone can help me here. When i sign the contracts etc i didnt have the money to pay for a stove upgrade from 600mm to 900mm because i was saving for my 5% deposit. Now i have the money for the upgraded stove, do you think HBC will let me upgrade. My construction is not due to start till December earliest. Has anyone been through the same situation?
Rinku
Hi,
Thank you for your response. We are having duke facade too. We are building in parks edge estate in cranbourne east. Where are you building?

[/quote]

Hi Rinku, we are at Parks Edge too. Linham drive . YAY to future neighbour! which street are you at ?
We did have some issues involving our slab which made us hire a private building inspector. It was extra money but totally worth it for the peace of mind - especially when you know very little about building. HBC were great in regards to rectifying any issues that our inspector picked up along the way. After handover we noticed that our heating wasn't working in some bedrooms and we had no issues in getting this fixed. We are very happy.

bugnada
We did have some issues involving our slab which made us hire a private building inspector. It was extra money but totally worth it for the peace of mind - especially when you know very little about building. HBC were great in regards to rectifying any issues that our inspector picked up along the way. After handover we noticed that our heating wasn't working in some bedrooms and we had no issues in getting this fixed. We are very happy.

did you go with the heating system that HBC supplies. some people on this forum were saying its inadequate? how are you finding it
bugnada

Thats awesome !
happy to hear.

Yeah I will be getting Darbecca to inspect slab - frame ans final.

We think that it's wonderful. The jasper is a small home, so it doesn't take very long to heat up. It isnt zoned heating however you can close vents to the rooms that don't need to be heated. We honestly turn it on of a morning to heat up the house and then turn it off. It retains the heat quite well. Our recent gas bill was $90. It's great for a smaller home.

Atherbogan
Hey guys I hope someone can help me here. When i sign the contracts etc i didnt have the money to pay for a stove upgrade from 600mm to 900mm because i was saving for my 5% deposit. Now i have the money for the upgraded stove, do you think HBC will let me upgrade. My construction is not due to start till December earliest. Has anyone been through the same situation?

Hi Atherbogan,
I suggest you email your consultant and kindly explain and request this, they're pretty easy and understanding from my experience. It shouldn't be an issue as it will just create a variation for you to pay separately for but see how you go!

I too am building the Jasper and still waiting for notice of land title...
Hello future neighbor

We're on Yellow Robin circuit. Hoping for things to go smoothly.

sunxiaoxuan23926
Rinku
Hi,
Thank you for your response. We are having duke facade too. We are building in parks edge estate in cranbourne east. Where are you building?

Hi Rinku, we are at Parks Edge too. Linham drive . YAY to future neighbour! which street are you at ?[/quote]
HELP!! I've noticed that in photos people have the window splash back and the 900 oven (not free standing) I have my appointment tomorrow morning and I have received an email stating I have to have a free standing oven.... Has anyone else come across this issue? I'm so annoyed because I've already got my appliance upgrades in my PWC and the display has what I want.... Gahhhhhh

I was able to get some pictures of the kitchen only. Can someone kindly share any more pics of the Jasper 17.

Thanks x

I've sent you a PM with some photos Lil Pom.

Colour scheme of STORM. Colours only (not photos of Jasper17)

bugnada
I've sent you a PM with some photos Lil Pom.

Ohhh thank you kindly
😘😘 xxx

I highly recommend the bolero rustic nougat flooring, we have that, it's a pale blond colour and hides the dirt so well
puglover
I highly recommend the bolero rustic nougat flooring, we have that, it's a pale blond colour and hides the dirt so well

I wish we chose that ! Ah well. Well stick with what we have an make do I guess.

Im getting so excited now !

LILPOM
puglover

I wish we chose that ! Ah well. Well stick with what we have an make do I guess.

you can always ask to change it, worst thing they could do is say no.
puglover
LILPOM
puglover

you can always ask to change it, worst thing they could do is say no.

Iv been told we cant change anything now. Settlement has started..

Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum