Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 200 of 250
Rinku
Hi,
Thank you for your response. We are having duke facade too. We are building in parks edge estate in cranbourne east. Where are you building?

tarajbrown
Rinku
Hi all,
We have just signed up with Homebuyers Centre and will have our colour selection appointment in 2 weeks time. We have absolutely no clue on what to expect. Can anyone please share your experience and would love to know if going for a standard colour scheme appointment is good enough?
Thank you in advance

We have our colour appointment on the 18th. I've asked for a custom appointment that is 4 hours. I didn't like the themes that are offered. We decided on this appointment as we are changing the flooring (laminate), bricks and render (we have chosen the duke facade). We are also upgrading the kitchen cabinets to all dark as I don't want white and also changing shower heads. Well that's all that I have thought about so far. From what I've read on the forum it really depends what you want to change to what appointment you should probably go with.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I just finished building in Mayfield Estate Cranbourne East - we can't be too far away from each other!
Hi everyone
Its been about a year ago I last posted on here.Our land was suppose to title back in December but got delayed a few times.The land has finally titled on June 29 and settlement in July 13.We are building the Eureka 22 in Officer.Hopefully it will be a smooth ride ahead.Hope to hear from you guys how your builds went.

[/quote][/quote]

Hey, I just finished building in Mayfield Estate Cranbourne East - we can't be too far away from each other![/quote]

Oh Mayfield is our neighboring estate, defo not too far !!. We drove through Mayfield and Livingston on Sunday last week to get an idea on colours for our facade and whether to go for a tiled roof or for colour bond.

How was your experience with Homebuyers Centre?
I saw @Tarajbrown posted pics of external colours, I have a question as the one at the bottom of her pics looks like a colour scheme I had chosen, Just wanting to find out what colour scheme it is please.
tarajbrown
I signed my PWC last night. It feels a lot more real now!!! I went to head office and had a look at their show room. It provided a good insight on what's included. I'm thinking I am mixing two internal themes and external themes. We got 4K allowance in my PWC for my colour appointment, hopefully this covers everything haha. I have posted a few photos. However, they aren't good photos. I'm glad I took them though for reference as the photos you get in your folder aren't good at all and look nothing like the themes in person.

I saw @Tarajbrown posted pics of external colours, I have a question as the one at the bottom of her pics looks like a colour scheme I had chosen, Just wanting to find out what colour scheme it is please.
Curious to know if anyone has built the Jasper17 and has any pics to share?

Im currently in the process and will be building soon but so eager to see photos of a completed Jasper !!!

Sucks theres no displays avaliable to go and look at
Hi LILPOM....I,m in the same situation. Building the Jasper but waiting for the land to be titled.
Anna 10
Hi LILPOM....I,m in the same situation. Building the Jasper but waiting for the land to be titled.

Hey,

I have titled and settled. Waiting to build but id love to see pics of other peoples finished Jasper. Sucks there's no displays

I was so lost at the appointment ...especially when it came to deciding where to put electrical points where...etc.

There are others here building the Jasper. Hopefully someone will read your post
Anna 10
I was so lost at the appointment ...especially when it came to deciding where to put electrical points where...etc.

There are others here building the Jasper. Hopefully someone will read your post

Hopefully:)
Where are you building?

Yeah we work full time so no way we could get to the city to view the colours etc. Was really rushed and rushed with the plans not happy about that part but ill move on from that.

Just looking forward to finally starting to build yayy.

LILPOM
tarajbrown
I signed my PWC last night. It feels a lot more real now!!! I went to head office and had a look at their show room. It provided a good insight on what's included. I'm thinking I am mixing two internal themes and external themes. We got 4K allowance in my PWC for my colour appointment, hopefully this covers everything haha. I have posted a few photos. However, they aren't good photos. I'm glad I took them though for reference as the photos you get in your folder aren't good at all and look nothing like the themes in person.

Hi LILPOM, it's the storm theme, we are using this theme but changing kitchen and laminate flooring.

I'm thinking this colour for the kitchen:

And this is the flooring:

But I'm wanting to know more about the cat 1 bricks... And if there is someone I can send an email to ask about pricing etc.. My colour appointment is in 1 week.

tarajbrown
LILPOM
tarajbrown

Hi LILPOM, it's the storm theme, we are using this theme but changing kitchen and laminate flooring.

But I'm wanting to know more about the cat 1 bricks... And if there is someone I can send an email to ask about pricing etc.. My colour appointment is in 1 week.

Thanks hun,

We chose marble ext and storm int.
so hard to see on yhethe pics. Really annoying they dont have pallets in the hbc displays like metricon do.

tarajbrown
LILPOM
tarajbrown

Aww i dont think i like the flooring;( it looks too orange ! Or am I looking at the wrong thing. Our paper colour doesnt look like that aghh we never had time to go to th3 show room in the city

We had our most recent NHP on the 30th June and we still havnt been given the date of our next and hopefully last one will be. SS initially hoped for last Friday, then said Today but Im still yet to get a date. Its starting to get beyond frustrating! Fingers still crossed for this week however just hoping they give me enough notice so theres still enough time to book in an inspector.

For those that have moved in, I understand once you sign off on the house thats it, HBC will no longer address construction items only warranty items? Silly question but what does this mean exactly? I have asked for clarification but still awaiting a response
LILPOM
tarajbrown
LILPOM
[quote="tarajbrown"]I signed my PWC last night. It feels a lot more real now!!! I went to head office and had a look at their show room. It provided a good insight on what's included. I'm thinking I am mixing two internal themes and external themes. We got 4K allowance in my PWC for my colour appointment, hopefully this covers everything haha. I have posted a few photos. However, they aren't good photos. I'm glad I took them though for reference as the photos you get in your folder aren't good at all and look nothing like the themes in person.

Aww i dont think i like the flooring;( it looks too orange ! Or am I looking at the wrong thing. Our paper colour doesnt look like that aghh we never had time to go to th3 show room in the city

[/quote]
I found that the flooring included was too orange that's why we changed it to the dusty rock here is another photo.

We have walked through 2 display homes with the flooring and it looks like a light brown/grey colour.

Juannamo
We had our most recent NHP on the 30th June and we still havnt been given the date of our next and hopefully last one will be. SS initially hoped for last Friday, then said Today but Im still yet to get a date. Its starting to get beyond frustrating! Fingers still crossed for this week however just hoping they give me enough notice so theres still enough time to book in an inspector.

For those that have moved in, I understand once you sign off on the house thats it, HBC will no longer address construction items only warranty items? Silly question but what does this mean exactly? I have asked for clarification but still awaiting a response

Oh no! I still can't believe that you haven't been able to sign off and move in! That must be so frustrating.

tarajbrown
LILPOM
tarajbrown
[quote="LILPOM"][quote="tarajbrown"]I signed my PWC last night. It feels a lot more real now!!! I went to head office and had a look at their show room. It provided a good insight on what's included. I'm thinking I am mixing two internal themes and external themes. We got 4K allowance in my PWC for my colour appointment, hopefully this covers everything haha. I have posted a few photos. However, they aren't good photos. I'm glad I took them though for reference as the photos you get in your folder aren't good at all and look nothing like the themes in person.

[/quote]
I found that the flooring included was too orange that's why we changed it to the dusty rock here is another photo.

We have walked through 2 display homes with the flooring and it looks like a light brown/grey colour.

[/quote]
Thanks for showing me. I hate that flooring 😭😭 i hope it looks better in person. No going back now 😭 I almost now wish we took time off work to go down and see. We just couldnt do it.

puglover
carla1369
puglover
we are having the same problem - except this neighbour hasn't moved in yet and won't take calls.

If they don't respond to our fencing notice we will be getting our friend who is a lawyer to write them a letter.

http://www.victorialawfoundation.org.au/fence-laws-0

oh it's so frustrating isn't it?! Our neighbour hasn't even built yet it's an empty block! They won't take anyone's calls either, our other neighbour and lend lease are both ignored when they try and call. It's making me SO MAD that they won't even acknowledge the fact that it's the LAW they need to put a fence up!!

We just rang disputes Victoria and they are issuing them a legal letter so hopefully that might put the wind up them!!

They sound like the kind of people who will only respond to letters from lawyers. Good luck with them!

Hey

Just wondering if you have any photos to share of the Jasper17?

Also did you receive a gift from HB ?

Hi Lil Pom, we built a Jasper 17. Tomorrow I will take and send you some photos. We are very happy with our home.

We are building the Jasper. If our build happens before yours I'll happily send some on!
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum