Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 99 of 250
pooks83
Impish!!!! Oh my gosh. I am so sorry to hear about the stand still. Have they said why?? The shutdown period is only from now. That is disheartening. I'm so sorry to hear it.

Thanks for everyone's concern. We have been told that people just made some mistakes and then it was too hard to get the trades to come and fix mistakes from mid November and all of December so basically nothing has been done.

Thanks Gaviscon Girl, I will call when HBC are back from Christmas break. It really isn't good enough. I have been so frustrated over the last month, I have shed quite a few tears. I desperately wanted to be in the house for my daughters birthday but it doesn't look like that will happen.
Nevermind impish - nothing you can do for a little while, so sit back and try to enjoy the holidays.

Update from me: we took the dogs for a long walk today and I saw other relatively freshly poured slabs, with the black plastic on the side like someone mentioned. I'm confident to say that this was the cause - thank god! They're coming to pour a topcoat on Jan 10, so I'll ask if they can finish it off a bit cleaner. Very relieved.

Merry Christmas everyone! xxoo
I have a question about the home theatre. Has anyone found it gets dark enough with just the black out blinds. Did you get lots or any light coming in from th hallway interfering with the projector to play movies onto the scree.
Hope you all had a merry Christmas

Mrssilverbeetle
I have a question about the home theatre. Has anyone found it gets dark enough with just the black out blinds. Did you get lots or any light coming in from th hallway interfering with the projector to play movies onto the scree.
Hope you all had a merry Christmas

The block out blinds are ok, but they don't block enough light during the day. You could run a projector, but it won't be that dark. We are getting blinds over ours
Especially the master bedroom come 6am the room is pretty bright!
Thanks heaps Box 27. Appreciate your help. That's not so good is it? We have block out blinds in our rental that are incredible and want this quality. Do you think we should outsource or do you think they have other qualities of block out blinds

I'm sure they would be able to get them, the issue with the block out blinds they have installed is that they are inside the window frames, so the sun comes in from around them. Other than that they are really good at blocking the light.
Maybe if they were over the frame, they wouldn't have as bigger gap between them and the frame.
Is their an option to get curtains instead of blinds?

There is an option to upgrade anything you want... It just comes down to price. If it's worth doing it with them or after! And for every other room they were fine for us. We only need them for the bedroom, so we were going to do them after we moved in.
It would be worth asking your sales person how much it would cost, and what size the windows are. So you can get an external quote.
Thank you so much

No problems.

Happy to help.
Any other tips you have to offer. What we should prioritise about upgrading. We are going to outsource our floors and get floating floorboard and a allergy and spill proof carpet

Depends what you like... I like stone benchtops, so we did the kitchen upgrade package that gave us a stone benchtop, extra cupboards and the 900mm stove and oven and we upgraded bathrooms to stone. The larger oven and stove is awesome! Well worth upgrading as it would be a pain and cost more after.
We already mentioned we wanted the bigger over and some top, I can't wait to cook!!!!! I believe we upgraded to,the stone bench top as well and extra cupboards. This was done at the display house

The kitchen upgrade is awesome. We did the whole lot too.
If you have North facing windows like we do- the blinds are hopeless. You can walk past them at 5pm and feel the heat coming straight through! We purchased a renshade product for summer for our North windows. It has made a massive difference... Just don't want to have to over use the aircon when we don't need to. Unless there have been changed since I had selections- you only have the roller blinds and Venetian- no curtains or other types. If you are thinking of having HBC order in products, not sure if this is possible and if it is- you will find the cost will be nearly 3 times as much.
What house are you building Mrssilverbeetle?
We asked to have a cavity door included between our main living area and theatre (which we just use as a second lounge) which has become so useful! Does yours have a door already?
We are currently building our outdoor deck- very exciting times! Ours will be just over 1.5 times bigger than the concrete alfresco- we are extending.
I finally get to give my refrigerative aircon a work out this weekend- 39 degrees scheduled for Friday and 40 for Saturday!
Happy New Year to all
Awesome, we will upgrade in the bedroom and theatre room. I like a dark tomb to sleep in.
We are also going to build our own alfresco area. The guy kinda told us to outsource this.
We are building the abode 22

I believe we are going to put a pole up with our own curtains for the theatre room from the hall way

Thanks heaps Pooks. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. How is your house going?

Yeah, it is the easiest thing to do decking after!
I've been trying to level our backyard! OMG! So much work! 10 hours down and all I've done is the cut for the retaining walls along the fence lines! Actually now thinking about it, that's not bad for 10 hours lol!
Levelling the backyard- such hard work! We ended up getting the site cut guys in our estate to come in with their bobcat and do it for cash money. We were lucky though because we have a vacant block next door to us so we just took out a section of our colourbond fence so they could get in and do it. 10 hours is awesome Box27- you will love it when it's done!
House is good Mrssilverbeetle. We brought a 25 square cube shelf last week and put it together so now I feel that my loungeroom is complete.
We have our sparky friend coming over when our deck is done to put in a heap of extra power points/pendant lights/outdoor lights and decking lights. We still have the plastic light shades on that the builders leave you- 7 months later. Haha- I procrastinate and really take my time with what I want. But instead of paying an extra $6000 through HBC for electrical we will only be paying for the lights and parts- so about $500 and supplying drinks to the sparky friend for afterwards!
We had foxtel installed today and the guy wouldn't install an extra point... Offered him cash, and still said no... I need to find someone who can do it. Anyone have a contact?
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum