Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 96 of 250
So tiling is nearly done, went past yesterday. Looks like only the grout needs to go down.
Doesn't look like there is much to be done now. Just finished to tiling and then flooring and install the stone bench tops and do the driveway and site clean. Not far away now!!! What was everyone's timeframe from this spot?

But on another note, after the stuff up with our SC we had with our doors. I asked them for compensation for not getting what we asked for even after it was in an email to our sales guy.
They sent me a Coles myer voucher for $500.
I thought when they said they will send a voucher it was only going to be $100, but happy with $500 lol. That will come in handy.
Good for you Box 27! You are extremely close now. And yes, that Coles Voucher will come in handy. You're about to enter the Money Pit Zone! Enjoy!
Gaviscon Girl
Good for you Box 27! You are extremely close now. And yes, that Coles Voucher will come in handy. You're about to enter the Money Pit Zone! Enjoy!

Lol, I know!
The misses, has already brought new everything... Lol
Gaviscon Girl

How's the Circa 21 going? Did you get everything in? Our dinning room area looks bigger than the lounge room lol
It's all good. I have more space than I anticipated in most rooms. The garage fills up quickly though! But I suppose everyone's does. The only thing that I'm hurting with are kitchen cupboards, but once I get my overheads I'll be much happier. Other than that, I don't think bar stools at the island bench are convenient, given the size of the lounge room, but the width is nice. You'll be ok!
Gaviscon Girl
It's all good. I have more space than I anticipated in most rooms. The garage fills up quickly though! But I suppose everyone's does. The only thing that I'm hurting with are kitchen cupboards, but once I get my overheads I'll be much happier. Other than that, I don't think bar stools at the island bench are convenient, given the size of the lounge room, but the width is nice. You'll be ok!

Yeah,
It does look bigger than expected. Kitchen space looks an issue, but we are looking at a buffet, in the dining room as it's a large area.
So the garage door just got installed... Looks good. Nearly complete!
and the stone benches to the kitchen and bathrooms have been done as well as all the fixings.
Looks like all we are waiting for is them to do the flooring and carpet, driveway, final coat to the render. And front door and laundry door paint.
And a few fix ups here and there.
How long before people got their walk through and then keys after this point?
You're very close, Box27! It's hard to tell how close you are, because I think mine went in a different order - must be because each foreman does it differently. But you're close, that's for sure.

On another note, HBC is sending someone over tomorrow, to have a look at the concrete in our Alfresco area. We've noticed that instead of having a slight slant away from the house, it actually pools down to the corner in the 'L'. Surely there should be a gradient - can't be good to have water pooling. Anybody else have this issue?

GG,
That sucks, that's going to be an interesting fix...
When are they coming out to have a look at it?
How quickly do they come out regarding issues?
Good morning everyone,

Well - the engineer has been out today. He's looked at the levels and agrees that it's not tipping towards the drain. He'll be contacting the concreting company today and either he or the Client Liaison Officer will contact me to let me know what the plan is. He expects that it will be a resurfacing, but wants to do it properly so it doesn't crack.

They've been good so far - anybody we've had out or needed to contact has responded quite quickly. Now we're just over the 3 month mark, so that might drop a bit...
Gaviscon Girl
Good morning everyone,

Well - the engineer has been out today. He's looked at the levels and agrees that it's not tipping towards the drain. He'll be contacting the concreting company today and either he or the Client Liaison Officer will contact me to let me know what the plan is. He expects that it will be a resurfacing, but wants to do it properly so it doesn't crack.

They've been good so far - anybody we've had out or needed to contact has responded quite quickly. Now we're just over the 3 month mark, so that might drop a bit...

That's good news. At least they are on top of things when you find faults and have issues.
Again reading a few previous post they sounded like some other the people wipe their hands of it all and say it's not their issue. Can't remember who's driveway had the issue. But that sounded bad.

Well on other news, I got into our house on the weekend and it looks like a someone has too.
There has been crap thrown on the walls, The cabinets have been scratched. Couple of tiles were smashed.
So that was disappointing to see.
I'm hopefully going back to the house later in the week. We are so close to be finished, it's not funny. SS said he hoped to have it done this week for presentation next week. But not sure how that will go after this set back
Box 27
That's good news. At least they are on top of things when you find faults and have issues.
Again reading a few previous post they sounded like some other the people wipe their hands of it all and say it's not their issue. Can't remember who's driveway had the issue. But that sounded bad.

Well on other news, I got into our house on the weekend and it looks like a someone has too.
There has been crap thrown on the walls, The cabinets have been scratched. Couple of tiles were smashed.
So that was disappointing to see.
I'm hopefully going back to the house later in the week. We are so close to be finished, it's not funny. SS said he hoped to have it done this week for presentation next week. But not sure how that will go after this set back

Oh that really sucks, I really hope that doesn't happen to us as i would be shattered.

I am pretty close to being done too. PCI scheduled in for Tuesday next week.
People have talked about checking the powerpoints but is there any other tips for things to look out for?
Oh that really sucks, I really hope that doesn't happen to us as i would be shattered.

I am pretty close to being done too. PCI scheduled in for Tuesday next week.
People have talked about checking the powerpoints but is there any other tips for things to look out for?[/quote]

Make sure your walls are straight, check for paint finish, check pressure on all your taps, check for leaks under the sinks, test toilet to flush and for leaks, Windows open and close, same with sliding screens.

There are so much more to list, but these are ones people forget.
Hey everyone! I have just created a Facebook group for the Livingston Estate in Cranbourne. Any residents - please look it up! Hoping we can track down a few of us and a few more!

Hope everyone is well!
very good read for me.
Thanks guys.
Initially deciding between Henley and Carlisle, but got a call recently from Homebuyers, and it seems that they are interested on Matching the quote of Henley and Carlisle.
Hello everyone,

We've just signed up with homebuyers. Building the Abode22 in Yarra glen.
Very new. Just paid to get soil test done. Hope everyone is well and enjoying their building process or new homes. Our friend build with Hbc and enjoyed it. Said it was very smooth
Welcome Mrs Silver Beetle - Good luck with it all and enjoy the process. It really goes so fast that sometimes you get ahead of yourself, sweating the small stuff. We moved nearly 3 months ago, and some of what seemed URGENT then is still not done. And I'm alive. And the house is still standing. Deep breaths!
Lol....GG. So overall you're happy with your house??!!
I guess it's normal for little things to happen.
How has your house been?!

We are so excited. Going to be big changes that we are soooooooo ready for.
Happy I found this group
We're thrilled with the house! Little things happen, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing is worse than renting - it's demoralising and makes you feel worthless.

Our house is great! We treat it like a "being", because it seems to have its own personality. We even got it a little Hallmark Xmas tree decoration - a gingerbread house that has "New House 2014" written across it.

Question everything in the process; assume you know nothing. Don't be scared to ask questions, but at the same time trust that they do this every single day of the year. My builders have probably built another 10 houses since mine. So trust goes a long way and if you can manage it, I think it will make your process a lot more enjoyable.
We're so green. So will make sure we ask everything and anything. We plan on going up every week whilst the building process starts.
What colour scheme and flooring did you end up choosing?

You must be so excited to be in your new place for christmas!!!!!
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum