Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HELP!!! Which way do we position our Living & Alfresco Areas

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am very new to this forum and am desperate for some help!!!

We are at the very very early stages of embarking on this journey of building a house.

We have found a 1266m2 block in SW Sydney that faces West, we are looking at building a Metr!con Home being the Whittaker 50.

I love the position of the above plan however from everything I have read believe that positioning the Alfresco (which we will enlarge in both directions) and as all of the bifolds and living on the South side is not the best option to maximise sunlight.

Call me crazy but for some reason I am not comfortable with the house flipped, it just doesn't feel the same but think this is our best option based on reading that living and outdoor should be North facing.

Can anyone please advise me on the best decision, as we will have so many openings on one side I don't want it to always be shady & dark.

Thanks in advance!
if you like the plan
what if as you have a large block of land
enlarge the family room so it covers the outdoor room (alfresco)
and the move the alfresco to the back of the house.from end to end of house that way you will have a huge family area you still have the plan you love and you have not flipped the house.
and bonus also a huge outdoor alfresco that will flow from family room and you can have stackers that open up also letting you have an outdoor kitchen bbq area
I used to live in SW Sydney and all the crappy weather came from the south so when there is rain and wind anything in that outdoor area will get drenched and no doors should be left open.

Can you flip the ground floor from the laundry/study back? Or flip the family and alfresco?

For any extensions to the alfresco I would have a clear or opening roof to let light get to the family area.
Related
14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

26/04/2024
Looking for designs which have a void in the living/dining

Building A New House

Hello all, bought a block of land and would like to find designs now. We want a void over the living/dining room. We’re looking at Savoy 32 from Eden Brae, are there any…

22/02/2024
Living room help

Interior Decorating Lounge

Can anyone help with the layout of my living room, it seems that no matter what I do it never looks right. I have an awquard kind of l shape with 2 doors, bay window and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum