Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home builders with Fairmont Homes

Page 8 of 9
Ha ha, I have bricks and am waiting to see what the inside looks like and you have the opposite problem
FairmontSAcustom
Ha ha, I have bricks and am waiting to see what the inside looks like and you have the opposite problem

Haha i was just thinking the same after reading your thread, non the less we seem to be on par with our builds
Davelle
Looking good fairmont
looking forward to seeing the bricks go up!

Thankyou Davelle!
hope things are going well for you, havnt had a chance to read through your thread yet! But now is a good chance
Thankyou Davelle!
hope things are going well for you, havnt had a chance to read through your thread yet! But now is a good chance
[/quote]

Haha unfortunately there isn't too much exciting yet apart from selections we've just got all our approvals bar 1 which apparently we are expect this week so hopefully not too long until we start and my thread becomes worth reading, until then I will just keep living through other peoples builds like yours
looking good
if they delivered the sand im sure tge brickie wont be long
Amazing how fast this stage completes. Looks great, Fairmont_Build.
How is your build going?

Do you think your hubbie will be doing our insulation? We have F as SS and build is in the inner southern suburbs. Seeking some inside info if he is, ha ha
FairmontSAcustom
How is your build going?

Do you think your hubbie will be doing our insulation? We have F as SS and build is in the inner southern suburbs. Seeking some inside info if he is, ha ha

PM sent
Everything has been flying along lately! Pics to come soon, but brickie is almost half way through now, all looks great. And house is flushed and the second fix carpentry has started today, so that now means we are at lock up stage
they have put our front door on and i'm very happy, it looks great!
Congratulations on lock up and bricks!!!! Look forward to seeing pics
Hi all!

Can't believe how busy life has just become! There has been a lot of progress happening in the last 2 weeks. The bricks are about 2/3rds of the way through, and this week we were very surprised with a little delivery - out kitchen and bathroom cabinets!

Pics are below - we are so excited!! ... a couple of things I was just a bit annoyed about, but I'm sure they will fix is the kitchen cupboards are a little damaged at the top. Could have just been in transport, but they really need to be replaced.

Another thing is in our ensuite the taps from the wall dont line up with the holes for the basin and the cupboards below. Not sure what they will do to fix this - perhaps re-do the plumbing? I guess I was a bit surprised - this seems like a fairly obvious thing to make sure it lines up..

Also, I was wondering what anyones thoughts were for the laundry cupboards. Notice the handle on the small cupboard next to the broom cupboard in facing inwards. Would this actually look better is the handle was on the left side instead of the right? I'm not sure if this would bug me and whether I should get it changed.

We are so pleased we went with 2.7 ceilings and chose floor-ceiling cupboards. I guess you can never have too much storage!
The cabinetry has been installed! It looks fantastic. Love the doors going onto the alfresco. Bet that you cannot wait to have a coffee there. Mistakes are annoying but I am sure they will fix them, wish they would put a bit of thought and planning into it though. In regards to the laundry I think the handle is fine. Might be a problem if the cupboard opens into the broom cupboard. However its a personal decision and I can understand for aesthetic reason why you might want it switched but to be honest I did not even notice till you pointed out. Oh and I love the brick, very subtle but pretty
Thank you!! I can't wait to see your cabinetry - I'm sure it will be amazing

And thats exactly what we will be doing in the alfresco area - coffee in the morning, beautiful glass of wine in the evening haha

My hubbie agrees with you - he's not too fussed about the laundry cupboard, and actually I didn't notice it until he pointed it out!! It was only then I started to look at it differently!
Happy to provide company for that glass of wine or bottle, ha ha. Mind you I am partial to a coffee too
I would imagine that the handle is not hard to switch at a later date if it bothers you still. I am currently in negotiations to change our paint colour, not as easy to change later but the builder is being a PITA. Hoping we can get onto ss and he will be more reasonable. Thanks for the update and pics
Looks wonderful. I agree the alfresco doors are stunning. Cupboards look great.
Great to see yours is all coming along nicely fairmont_build. It all looks great too. The alfresco looks like an awesome place to sit and relax with a few wines
Wow! Everything looks great especially that alfresco! what a beautiful area to relax

I didn't notice the laundry at first if anything could you just ask them to lower the broom cupboard handle so it's in line with the other one, maybe that's what's throwing you off
Thankyou Lucinda, Tasha and Davelle

We are going to leave the handle as is in the laundry, its not to much of a big deal.

Just a quick update, not much has happened last week, but the electrician came and put all the power points/lights and switches in etc which is great! The stone benchtop went on in the kitchen, but just looks green at the moment all covered in plastic. Brickie has been slow going having days off all the time
but he should be finished by the end of this week.

A photo of the entrance to our home all complete minus the render which will be on the 2 pillars, and no stain on the door as yet. Still no sign of any tiles, but supervisor said he is waiting for the brickie to finish as there is not a lot of room on site for other trades at the moment.
Thanks for the update. Wonder if much more will happen before Christmas? Frontage looks great
I was hoping the tiling might be done before Christmas! Maybe to ambitious?
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/03/2024
Omni built homes brisbane - builders feedback

General Discussion

First time poster long story short we are planning knocking down rebuilding a house in Wavell Heights We are thinking to go with Omni built homes as they are but flexible…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum