Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Private building inspector - how often, at what stage?

Page 1 of 1
We are about to start building with M3tric0n, and have decided to employ a private building inspector. We spoke to one who came recommened on this forum, however after speaking with him, apparently he doesn't do his first inspection until lock up stage. Just wondering if this is correct? It seems to be awfully late in the build and that a lot can go wrong at framing or even during the intial slab stages. So for those who have used a private inspector at what stage did he start inspection your new build. Also any recommendations for the Sydney area would be great.

Thank you.
If his checking it at lock up that bascially is a frame inspection mate. No walls will be plastered!
oh....thank you. Is that early enough in the build?
Everyone has there own opinion, but I personally dont beleive there is a need for a private inspector to come out and check your pre slab inspection. If the surveyor who is signing off on your house is good then you shouldnt have any problems because at the end of the day its on there back and they want to make sure everything is in order.
I agree we just had them come before lockup, they inspected brick work and frames... Its good value for money, imagine paying $$ at very stage, that works out to be very expensive. As stated before, the slab has been engineered and would have been signed off.

We will get them again at PCI. Saturday week, he is coming out Eeeeeek!
I'm interested in the answers to this question too, but for a double story home. Thanks.
Related
9/02/2024
My Building inspector v My builder's inspector

General Discussion

I would send it to the certifier who is technically your representative and working on your behalf not the builder's

13/07/2023
Private inspector charge by builder

Building A New House

If you already have a contract, is the inspection cost stated in there? If not they would be forced to issue you a variation which you could of course object to.

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum