Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

RedInk, Baldivis - Moved In, finishing off - Pics

Page 55 of 61
Looks good!
How does it feel underfoot? Do you think it's easier on the walls than other floors?
I am keen to get looselay also. Little wary because its new I guess...but pleased to see someone else getting it!
Guys were really careful & managed to not mark the walls
Looks lovely
did you feel the same as I did that it makes the rest of the house pop?

You house is looking gorgeous!
fmac
Looks lovely
did you feel the same as I did that it makes the rest of the house pop?

You house is looking gorgeous!

Thanks fmac. I will have to wait until carpet is in & see how it changes again! LOL
I didn't get to really look as we had the kids there & they weren't so interested in an extended stay :S
Oh floor looks great. Good colour. Does the crack in flooring interfere with putting in floor coverings?
great job...colours works beautifully with your paint choice.
asj25
Looks good!
How does it feel underfoot? Do you think it's easier on the walls than other floors?
I am keen to get looselay also. Little wary because its new I guess...but pleased to see someone else getting it!

So far so good asj, have only really walked on it with shoes on so will let you know in a couple of days how it is with barefeet!
jibs
Oh floor looks great. Good colour. Does the crack in flooring interfere with putting in floor coverings?

Nope, the carpet guy just carpeted as per normal.
Carpets are in....

charlie23
xxkatxx
Who actually organised for the nbn Co to come out?

We rang the NBN people

I work at a telco (not Telstra) - NBN Co are pretty useless with timings and keeping us informed. In terms of getting physically connected it will be best to go through them directly. The builders will struggle as much as us.

In terms of "getting connected" do that through whoever you want your internet provider to be. It may be a bit counter-intuitive but you don't need the same home/PSTN phone if you can have NBN - you should be able to get a VOIP/fibre phone product if you need that so avoid any plans that are trying to charge you ~$30 a month for a phone.
Great carpet and vinyl colour match
Looking good .
Looking good. Goodluck with the move on the weekend
We have had a busy week, window tint yesterday, Roller blinds & Shutters were done today.

So today was D-Day...removalists did all the big stuff & as much other stuff as they could in 4 hours. Pics will have to wait

Still finding little things that are wrong with the house....
Oh no, hope redink get everything sorted for you. We've got all our final repair work happening this weekend, even cleaning up paint marks left on our front door! I have found them pretty good at rectifying their errors even after we paid our final account, although it is frustrating finding all those mistakes.

The house is looking fab! Btw
The carpet looks great. I love the colour combination of the wood and carpet!

Hope you are settling in well!
Plush carpets are a nightmare to keep it look clean. Footprints looks like stain.
Floors looking good Charlie, sounds like you've been busy moving. I hope you had a great xmas in your new home!
Congrats
So we have been in for almost 2 weeks....
we are finding things every day but in the scheme of things they are little annoyances.

Just a tip make sure that you check all your door frames esp the tops...was on the ladder in the garage today & noticed that the door into the house hadn't been painted at all on the top!

I thought I had noticed all the defects in the plaster...not even close, our pantry is absolutely shocking with gouges where the fixing carpenter put in the shelves.

I love my translucent glass BUT when you have a street light at the front it doesn't really cut down that much light! LOL, Plus the venetians in the 3 little windows also doesn't cut out much light, might have to invest in some curtains as well.

We also managed to get our front yard landscaping squeezed in on Christmas Eve so at least the sand at the front is covered up!

Due to the Electricians NOT putting in the paperwork when they were supposed to our Solar Panels had to be rescheduled until January sometime, even after the SS chased them up they still delayed and made us miss our scheduled install before Christmas

Had some issues with the TV point in the Theatre, was only getting approx 30% signal with a quality of about 6%, chased the Electricians up (paid $2k thru RI for a "smart wiring package") and were told "we only put in the cables, it's not our problem, get someone else to fix it" :O

Needless to say, we were totally unimpressed with them & will be sending RI the bill for getting it sorted - make sure that your electricians are using 2013 products not ones from the 1980's!!!!

Will get some pics of some of the rooms that are setup, but I am no styling queen so my stuff is totally functional for 2 ratbags..LOL
That's a bit poor....we are still puzzled as to why we have 2 aerial points in the same area in 3 rooms...no one knows why they are doubled up and the box in the garage can't even accept all of them..it falls 2 short!! Not that we will use them anyway but still it's like Wtf!?

I hope redink reimburse you if it was installed incorrectly to begin with.
Related
19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum