Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My Journey Building with Simonds - Livorno * Pic Heavy*

Page 5 of 6
Woo! Hoo! Congrats!! I bet Thursday can't come around quick enough
It definitely cant come fast enough. Wont be moving in until the weekend unfortunately but still very excited
Building Newbie
Some pics of our tiles down
cant get inside to look anymore so or feature tiles are hidden from us until Monday when I am out there with the blind lady to do some
Kitchen
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/trini246/246972_10151431460481456_1256802575_n.jpg

Hi congratulations on your very fast build, you must be super excited!! Can I ask what tiles these are? Love the colour!
Well done on the home, looks awesome and I love the red
Just found this now as I live in Vic too and looking into the Livorno. We were really pleased by what is included in the layout of this house for such an affordable price. How have you found working with Simonds? By the looks of this thread your house has gone up fairly quickly.
Kaylajane - we absolutely love the house. The service we have been given is great. After handover our kitchen tap leaked and we emailed our site supervisor and the next day we had a plumber here fixing it. It was great service.

We started building in April and moved in end July, it ended up being 14 weeks from site start and for the base price you get quite alot of value for your money. We did the promotion 50k upgrades for 15k so upgraded things we wouldnt have if we were paying for it all. Would definitely build with Simonds again as we have had great people all round.

Gootza i will have a look at the actual name of the tiles. Sorry must have missed your post earlier
Thanks a bunch for your input, that's such a quick build time. Can you do a list of the things you decided to upgrade and maybe some updated pictures? I'm a sucker for the pictures =)
Double post
We upgraded: 40mm cesarstone benchtops, brighton facade with eaves, pillar render, pillar lights, heat lamps in the ensuite & bathrooms, above countertop sinks with the double cupboards, tiled showerbases, upgraded category carpet, outdoor waterproof power point, gasline, ceiling fans, vegie mixer tap, undermount kitchen sink, glass splashback, driveway, over head cupboard where the fridge goes, oven to the dual fan force, privacy locks, zoned heating, cooling, extra vents, laundry cupboards & lever lock front door is all I can think of off the top of my head. Will take some pics when its lighter in here
Any luck with the photos? =)
Hi there, we are about to sign up to build a livorno house with simonds homes. The pictures look awesome and I would love to discuss some more with you if you are interested. Thanks
Travrudy happy to discuss anything you like with you
we are still in love with the housr and couldnt be happier. Few little things we would change but can do that ourselves later on
Kaylajane what photos did you want? Any in particular?
Oh wow... just found this thread. Going to start from the beginning

We are building the Simonds Sierra in SA - love finding Simonds threads!
deluxes - what have you upgraded? feel free to ask anything
The upgrades we did were:

timber windows to the front and timber feature slatting above the garage and front windows
2740mm raised ceilings
the vaulted 3.8m feature ceiling to dining/kitchen/family area
25 degree roof pitch & 450mm eaves
5.4m meter wide 2340mm High stacker doors to the dining/family room
ensuite upgrade & full floor to ceiling tiling with 400x400 tiles (and we redesigned the ensuite to have an enclosed sep. toilet as well)
niches in the showers
The Velocity fibre-optic smart wiring to the house - It's a Telstra Velocity estate
Sheen/silk finish to the cabinets
Ceaserstone benchtops
Waterfall ends + feature servery to the kitchen
Semi frameless Grange shower screens
Laundry cabinet in lieu of the stainless trough
2340mm high internal doors
2340mm INF5VG Corinthian Solid stained front door with translucent glazing
30 10w LED dimmable downlights (some places we want normal batten lights, like the bedrooms, garage & entrance hall so we can have a feature pendant
Heatlamps/IXL lights in the ensuite & bathroom
Floor to ceiling tiling in Bathrooms - and 400x400 tiles
Timbergrain sectional panelift door
Cat 2 bricks
Cat 4 bricks for feature piers
Translucent glass/stained wood feature door for the pantry
Upgraded the oven to the better one
The tiled shower bases are standard in SA, so we didnt need to upgrade that one!
4x outdoor lights
1x outdoor power point
Ducted zoned reverse cycle heat/ac

We got a good deal with a promotion, so we were able to save a lot that way.

It seems like Simonds interstate run a little differently to South Australia... I've spoken to and asked a few people different things and it was a fair bit different for us as far as the way things have been done. Like the order of things, selections etc
Are you happy overall with the experience so far?

Your house looks great
Its crazy how different the same builders are in different states. We got the $50,000 upgrades for $15,000 which was great
few things we will do later on but nothing major

Yep we were very happy with it all. The service was great and our build was 14 weeka from slab to moving in. On thing that held us up were Origin doing our gas lines
Hi building newbie,

We are building with Simonds with an expected site start of 4th April; upon contract signing it says from site start to completion is 220days standard... Is this the same case you had but they were just super quick and only took 4months?
We are looking at a November completion....?!
Thanks
Hi Home Owner,
all our paperwork said the same as yours with the 220 days but once we got to lockup stage it just kept on going smoothly. Only thing at the end which pushed us back a little was the gas lines being installed. Which plan are you building?
hi building newbie,

We are building the Flinders home. If our house is as quickly built as yours I will be very impressed. We have had a good experience so far with the process, we just waiting for land settlement date on the 27th March
it's all too exciting.
Related
23/02/2024
Am I too heavy for the roof cavity?

General Discussion

Firstly, if your house is still under builder's warranty (10 years in Victoria) you should have no need to crawl into roof space but let the builder handle it, unless you…

28/11/2023
Heavy windows with bent reveals

Windows & Doors

What size are the windows, double or single glazed, can I have a pic of the full windows inside & out? If you can see packers please take a pic.

5/12/2023
Hi, I'm looking for a structural solution to stand alone pic

General Discussion

Sorry! I'm new to this forum and have made a mistake in my posting! I'm looking for a structural solution to a stand alone wooden pickets fence with no structural rail…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum