Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My Journey Building with Simonds - Livorno * Pic Heavy*

Page 6 of 6
Thats exciting. Hopefully land settlement goes smoothly also
we had the best experience with it all and loved it. What upgrades did you get?
Where do I start? ha-ha... We got the $45k big brands upgrade for $15k.
Spa Bath for main bathroom, 53 led downlights in lieu of batten lights, swivel door, 20mm stone benchtop with waterfall, same undermount sink as yours, overhead cupboards in kitchen, cat 4 carpet with golden underlay, 1200mm x 900mm shower for bathroom, niches for both ensuite and bathroom, alfresco and alfresco ceiling fan with led and external powerpoint, front pillar façade lights , façade upgrade to St Ives... and much more that is just off the top of my head
How exciting, sounds perfect. I wish we got waterfall edges now but that doesnt matter as im not sure how a power point would go there
I love the undermount sink and am so glad we changed it at the last minute
Hi there I've just read all your thread and looks like you had a smooth run with your build and the house looks fantastic too! We are building with Simonds later in the year, also in country victoria! We are yet to go to our colour selection yet, do you remember how much extra it was to tile the shower instead of poly marble floors??
Hi, we found Simonds to be fantastic and only had a few small problems but I dont know anyone who has buolt in general that hasn't had a problem or two.
I think it was around $700 for both of them to be tiled from memory. The ensuite one is a bigger shower area though so might be cheaper if two standard ones.

which house are you building?
Congratulations on your new home Building Newbie! Nice selections, will have to show my wife those red bathroom tiles/bubbles, very nice. It's encouraging to read such a good experience and FAST build!
The tiles look even better in real life
I love that they are a 3D type tile just to make it different. If we ever built again we would definitely look at Simonds again
Building Newbie
Hi, we found Simonds to be fantastic and only had a few small problems but I dont know anyone who has buolt in general that hasn't had a problem or two.
I think it was around $700 for both of them to be tiled from memory. The ensuite one is a bigger shower area though so might be cheaper if two standard ones.

which house are you building?

Thats really good to hear... And I agree, rarely is it completely smooth and trouble free, it's more how it's handled by the builder!
We've been really happy with Simonds so far here in SA, we are due to go to site in a few weeks and I cant fault them. This is our second build and in comparison (up to this point) Simonds are streets ahead compared to the other builder, just purely for ease, the staff we've dealt with, communication, getting it right and overall product/value for money.
I hope it continues as we move on into the build stages.

Tiled shower bases are standard here in SA, I asked as I'd seen some pics on the website with the poly marble bases and was told they don't do them here, so the base price accomodates the tiling.
We also dont get ducted heating included here.
Yes I'm sure with all builders there are hiccups, I am expecting there to be some!
Thanks for that, we have the 1200x900 in both showers so might be a bit more.
I really love your sink too, how do you find it without the long bit on the end (can't think of the name of it) where you would usually put dishes to dry when hand washing? How much was the upgrade on that? Sorry for all the questions!
We are building the Lenox, I haven't seen anyone with this nor a display home so a bit nervous!
We are at the lock up stage. So so exciting!! All windows are in and temp doors and half the bricks we have a roof and all now. Eeeks so exciting!! It's gone up so quickly; started site works mid April and already at lock up stage. Completion is 29th July. Cannot fault simonds at all. Wonderful communication.
How exciting all these new homes coming up.

deluxes: thats crap that ducted heating is not included. Cooling isnt here though but is in other areas. I just assumed that all states have the same inclusions but there you go.

Jaclegg89: love thr sink so much and glad we put it in
on one side of the sink they give you a colender and a half bamboo chopping board so we just use these to put it on however there are dish draining rack insert that you can buy to go in one side of the sink. Thats on our next to buy list actually
it was around $900 for this upgrade but so worth it. I am honestly hapoy to answer any questions you have

home owner: thats sooo exciting. Once at lock up it all starts getting real as it actually starts to look and feel like a house! Glad you are having a good experience so far too
Building Newbie
How exciting all these new homes coming up.

deluxes: thats crap that ducted heating is not included. Cooling isnt here though but is in other areas. I just assumed that all states have the same inclusions but there you go.

Jaclegg89: love thr sink so much and glad we put it in
on one side of the sink they give you a colender and a half bamboo chopping board so we just use these to put it on however there are dish draining rack insert that you can buy to go in one side of the sink. Thats on our next to buy list actually
it was around $900 for this upgrade but so worth it. I am honestly hapoy to answer any questions you have

home owner: thats sooo exciting. Once at lock up it all starts getting real as it actually starts to look and feel like a house! Glad you are having a good experience so far too

That's ok, Ducted heating isn't an inclusion with builders here in SA. So they've just adjusted to fit the market here.
We just noticed on some of the generic, sample plans from VIC that it was on there and asked 'Hey, what's that there?" and our consultant explained... We werent worried as it's just not the done thing over here.
Related
23/02/2024
Am I too heavy for the roof cavity?

General Discussion

Firstly, if your house is still under builder's warranty (10 years in Victoria) you should have no need to crawl into roof space but let the builder handle it, unless you…

28/11/2023
Heavy windows with bent reveals

Windows & Doors

What size are the windows, double or single glazed, can I have a pic of the full windows inside & out? If you can see packers please take a pic.

5/12/2023
Hi, I'm looking for a structural solution to stand alone pic

General Discussion

Sorry! I'm new to this forum and have made a mistake in my posting! I'm looking for a structural solution to a stand alone wooden pickets fence with no structural rail…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum