Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home build with Dale Alcock in Aveley: Opinions please

Page 9 of 53
Yay! Congratulations, glad your bricks went down fast, we waited 6wks from slab to bricks then the brickies took 4wks to complete our house. We were soooo annoyed. Looks like u have picked a good builder and everything is running smootly for u. where in Aveley are u building? Are u near the Aveley Primary school? I have a couple friends building there, I'm building off millhouse rd. Goodluck with everything!!
32 weeks? Are you getting everything done through builder? We've been told 22 weeks for our build but we are doing fair bit after handover

Woohoo for the brickie surprise!
Great news fancy. I loved rendered houses...I always thought it was a lot more expensive that that though, damn wish we had of asked now too!!

Mmm yeh 32 weeks seems like a long time, when the average is around 22-24 weeks. Oh well if that's what he told you best to go with that. This year has flown by already, it will be here before you know it
mikharjax
Yay! Congratulations, glad your bricks went down fast, we waited 6wks from slab to bricks then the brickies took 4wks to complete our house. We were soooo annoyed. Looks like u have picked a good builder and everything is running smootly for u. where in Aveley are u building? Are u near the Aveley Primary school? I have a couple friends building there, I'm building off millhouse rd. Goodluck with everything!!

Yeah, we're building on Bolero. I can't believe how many slabs are going down now, there's construction going on everywhere. It's so interesting to see a suburb emerge from the sand!
32 weeks does seem long but it's what we were expecting. I'm hoping he was trying to err on the side of caution and not get our hopes up. We're having the builder do everything except internal painting, floors and paving.
We are in the 32 week category too and are also hoping they will finish before then!
Is that just being very defensive? Our ss tells us he is averaging 21 weeks from slab at the moment. He also says that it won't go past 26 weeks. We'll see I suppose.
26 weeks would get us in before Christmas! I won't hold my breath.
Our DAH build was 28 weeks including a 2 week Christmas break. Good luck hope you'll get in sooner than estimated
Hi fancy pants - wall or even better walls ?????
Dear rain,

Please go away. I want some freakin' walls!!

Hugs, FP
and I want a slab down
And I want my brickwork finished ready for roof frame next week haha
I want some walls too, can't believe it's raining when they are trying to do our brickwork, typical!!
Well we have the beginnings of some external walls and the window frames are in place so I guess slow progress is better than no progress! Still, I don't think they'll make the 'couple of weeks' deadline the SS thought they would. Damn you rain! Whoever would have thought that the Bureau of Meteorology website would have been able to cause daily heartache. I can't even bear to look anymore.

Looking through the laundry door.

Master bedroom window at far right. The three windows in our living area to the left.

Good to see our brickies are doing some healthy snacking.

The entire neighbourhood is a sea of bricks and slabs.

When we visited on the weekend the slab for the house directly behind us was being poured. That means every block in our little segment now has a slab down! It's nice to think we'll all be moving in around the same time. At least no one should have to listen to construction noise for too long!

Now, if we could just get rid of that rain...
I know, have you ever in your life paid so much attention to the weather forecast! When we were at your stage, it was the first thing I checked every morning. We had the driest June on record with ours, we were extremely lucky! I hope they work hard on the days it is dry!
Can't believe how much the estate is rising from the sand! There is so much activity that its impossible to keep up.
I think it's great that a new community is coming together and like you say all moving in together in the same boat.
Hoping you have some dry weather to keep it going.
ATTENTION VALE BUILDERS!

dawnyc, kellyt1992, mikharjax, bevnic, Redstorm... I'm looking at you! (And also anyone else building in the Vale Estate).

Let me know which blocks are yours. If you don't want to post here directly, drop me a PM and let me know. I want to make an effort to stalk your houses/slabs/sand piles as our new neighbourhood slowly takes shape. In a purely non-creepster way of course. That would just be awkward for everyone.

Yay for slab!! We drove past your slab on the weekend too!! Very exciting times! I think we'll be driving past your house a lot in the future, again in a totally non-creepster way
hahahah!! I'll PM you about our block
Hehe, had guessed that one was yours from the photo, been stalking all the DAH blocks around the vale. (in a none creepy way
)
Our is 3220, on Hancock Avenue.
I'm wide awake at 2:42 and can't get the bloody build out of my head, and what it's going to look like and if I've made the right Prestart decisions. In a none creepy obsessed kinda way!
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum