Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

House of Wisdom at Stonecutters Ridge

Page 2 of 2
1rocky The fossil inspiration came from a visit to the Fossil and Mineral Museum at Bathurst--they also have a skeletal version(life Size) of T-Rex. Pretty awesome.

Onewheel - My DD is 32 and she would if she could , smother the house with Mickey and Minnie Mouse (and Disney friends). We already have a room of Disney stuff she bought at Disneyland / Disnelworld and other Disney shops all round the world.
As we were talking about the house, I suggested we check out the Golf Club , so we went there yesterday for a cuppa, and ended up staying for Lunch. Was pretty good, the staff were very friendly and lunch was really great. We will make the SCR Golf Club one of our regular eat-outs now.
We were told just recently that whilst we are having the house built, that we would be subject to mortgage repayments before handover and this is on top of what we would still be be paying in rent for where we are living at the same time. Is this the case ? Getting more and more disheartened about building a house now.
Yes its exact, you have to make repayments while the house is being built, pay for council rates and water rates also, even if your not house is not done yet and you are not living inside yet
the mortgage repayments can be interest only during the build phase if that helps..

and you'll only pay the interest on the amounts loaned out to at each stage..
Concur with ssjmark, most construction loans are interest only, to keep repayments as low as possible. It is pretty tough towards the end of the build when you are at lockup, you will have drawn down approx 90% of the loan, handover for us was 3 months after lockup, but that was over Xmas too so could be shorter timeframe normally.
I knew about council and water rates , but I missed the point about the interest on the drawdown with the mortgage. Makes it tough if you are renting like we do then have to fork out extra money as the drawdown gets bigger at the end of the build on top of keeping a budget for the cars and entertainment, etc etc. ( Where are those directions on growing a money tree? Ha! Ha!) Thanks everyone, appreciate the advice.
Related
27/06/2023
Wisdom home facade

Building A New House

Hi, guys! If you've built with Wisdom Homes, would you mind sharing images of your front facades once they're all rendered? I'm considering signing up with them for a wide…

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum