Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Outsourcing external colour/upgrades - Clarendon

Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

We are building the Clarendon Wentworth 33+4.

We would like to render the front of the house. Clarendon has quoted $13,000. I’ve received quotes from external plasters to complete the task for under $3000.

Would Clarendon allow us to complete the external rendering after hand-over? Will Clarendon object to submitting the colour chart to the developer which proposes the use of external rendering although it will not be completed by them?

Please note that – the rendering we have opted for is essential for getting developer (The Ponds) approval.

Cheers,
Sand
We're building somewhere else but are allowed to complete our rendering after handover, on the plans sent to the design approval panel we just need to add a notation that render will be completed by owner post handover (I think we get 30 days?)

We just selected the basic facade so its all still "complete" from the builders point of view, and saves us money too.
Hi Stacey,

Thanks for your response. That sounds great!

Just out of curiousity. How much were you charged for rendering? i.e. per sqm

We've been qouted $2700 and $3000 for the front of the house by 2 plasters. This is substantially cheaper than the $13,000 qouted by Clarendon. I'm trying to determine if the quotes are realistic.

Thanks gain,
Sand.
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

15/05/2023
Screed bonding agent for external applications

Flooring & Floor Covering

Before you rip it up, if you can in the grout lines, drill some holes and pour/inject techgrip by sika. I have used it to bond mdf to timber, but in the process it dripped…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum