Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building at Oran Park?

Page 328 of 331
Has anyone had an external landscaper do site prep and fill removal after handover? Any idea of costs?
We need to let builder know asap if we want them to do it as they need to do backyard site prep before frames go up next week if we want it due to a lack of access afterwards (hence the early landscaping appointment).
They have quoted us $3140 for site scrape and fill removal to front and back yard. Is this reasonable? I really should have put more research into this earlier!!

Rocchet
Has anyone had an external landscaper do site prep and fill removal after handover? Any idea of costs?
We need to let builder know asap if we want them to do it as they need to do backyard site prep before frames go up next week if we want it due to a lack of access afterwards (hence the early landscaping appointment).
They have quoted us $3140 for site scrape and fill removal to front and back yard. Is this reasonable? I really should have put more research into this earlier!!

We paid 800-1000 to get someone in with a bobcat after building finished. They came in and cleared the backyard and sides.

Edited to add: we have a fair sized side access so getting through wasn't an issue. Also ours is roughly 540sq block.

Hi,

Can someone please advise -

1. Ours is a corner block and we are building a main dwelling with independent Granny flat. The builder is providing a fibre optic package for the main dwelling however, for the GF it is for us to do whatever is required.
When we have gotten in touch with NBN to provide us with the required stuff, they have asked us for a utility diagram showing the conduit pipe running from the boundary to the house. However, when we have queried the builder about the Conduit location etc, they have come back saying they are not providing one and to provide the entire package which includes the conduits its xxxx$, seemingly a lot more than we expected or have paid for the main dwelling
So our intention is to do this on our own through a 3rd party telecom contractor post handover

My query is, will we be able to do this later or is the conduit laying etc such that once bricks and slab and frames etc are all done, the conduit cannot be done.

appreciate some inputs from someone who understands this a bit better, I am trying to talk to a telecom contractor as well to get their view as I am sure they should know

Thanks
Another input required -

What is our (or any poster's here) legal standing with regards to comments shared on this site regarding say the builder / build quality etc etc. Mainly to do with confidentiality clauses in the building contract.

We have had some communication with a builder threatening legal consequences regarding some comments posted on this forum

We are in the process of contacting our lawyers and fair trading in this regards and have sought clarification, however, as some of you may have encountered similar circumstances , would like to get some advice .

Feel free to PM me if thats more comfortable

Thanks
bluemviews
Another input required -

What is our (or any poster's here) legal standing with regards to comments shared on this site regarding say the builder / build quality etc etc. Mainly to do with confidentiality clauses in the building contract.

We have had some communication with a builder threatening legal consequences regarding some comments posted on this forum

We are in the process of contacting our lawyers and fair trading in this regards and have sought clarification, however, as some of you may have encountered similar circumstances , would like to get some advice .

Feel free to PM me if thats more comfortable

Thanks

Is the builder concerned about negative comments or revealing information regarding house plans, pricing etc?

I think it's more about negative comments, but going onto say our efforts to link with other clients of theirs, so we can share our experiences. Overall they are trying to gag any conversation about them, instead of focusing on resolving the issues their clients may be experiencing

Hmm, that's difficult. We haven't yet had any negative experiences with ours and haven't posted any detailed plans etc due to the privacy clause in the contract but I am always keen to share questions and experiences with others. Tricky.
I guess you need to be careful now, certainly whilst still in the building process.

Hi guys, anyone has a contact to do a brick mailbox..in Edmondson park?

rk7
Hi guys, anyone has a contact to do a brick mailbox..in Edmondson park?

Drive around the estate, see a brickie, ask him. Works way cheaper than calling someone specially to do the job 'cause then he needs to bring bricks, cement, sand, tools etc. etc.
Looking for some advise regarding dealing with a non responsive builder where we are having serious quality issues.

The builder is refusing to allow our independent inspector to come in to inspect at progress payment stage.

Where do we start - firstly what are our rights, can the builder prevent / refuse us to appoint an independent inspector, who can we complain to and say if its Fairtrading, what powers do they have

What is the best way to force the builder to do a quality job

We are really struggling to get an appropriate response from the builder, and as project is progressing we feel we are more and more at a loss as more of our money is involved

Surely we must have some rights or some power of enforcing quality or getting our complaints addressed

Where do we go and how do we start, please share whatever knowledge you all have.

The builder has a display home in Oran park

thx
Was wondering does the insulation Batton only goes on the ceiling with the roof or through out the ceiling of ground floor for 2 storey house??
hi all

For anyone looking at turf install and garden maintenance. We had our turf installed with Ron n Chris and are happy with the honest service provided. They also do our mowing and garden maintenance. Their pricing is very competitive, totally recommended if you want an honest grass install. Contact Ron or Chris on 0451 1217 159. Unfortunately, some neighbours have been ripped off with inferior grass breeds.. and have paid the same amount. Hence why I've finally taken out the time to share contact details.

ta
Need some inputs on frames - are knots and holes in the wood accepted; also where the frames connect to the concrete floor - small off cuts are they acceptable, especially where the wood is splitting because of nails etc.

I think the pictures explain better.

Thanks

Can I claim house rebate for 5000 first and then finish landscaping and claim 5000 rebate later?? Any idea

mikegrg1
Can I claim house rebate for 5000 first and then finish landscaping and claim 5000 rebate later?? Any idea

That's what I did. I claimed the first 5 straight away then couple months later did the landscaping rebate

Jayjay84
mikegrg1

That's what I did. I claimed the first 5 straight away then couple months later did the landscaping rebate

Do u know whether I would need to have my driveway and fence up for me to be able to claim house rebate? Or I can claim without driveways and fence ?

Can't remember to b honest. Just call the office at Oran park they should b able to tell u

mikegrg1
Jayjay84
mikegrg1

Do u know whether I would need to have my driveway and fence up for me to be able to claim house rebate? Or I can claim without driveways and fence ?

You absolutely need them completed. By the way mike, you have been on this forum for a while. What stage did you buy your land?

10f ashooty... hoping for moving in next month...

mikegrg1
10f ashooty... hoping for moving in next month...

To be quite honest with you mate, You'll need to double check if they'll pay you. I was in 4B (July 2013) and final rebates deadline was February this year. After that no one would have been paid.

Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum