Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building at Oran Park?

Page 318 of 331
Can vouch for Pat at Michaels handyman services.

Lincoln35_mckinley
1st_HomeBuyer
Hi Guys,

I need some advise here. Please help us out.

At the block next to ours someone has dropped loads of dirt and now its a mountain of dirt. It is not ours. I rang my builder he clearly said its not our.

So should we be worried? We do not want be held responsible of something we did NOT do.

Please let us know what should we do.[/

I wouldn't worry about it. I do notice this a lot, we have a vacant lot across from us and stuff is dumped regularly. The trades also use it for access and for materials whilst building. Good luck.

I wouldn't worry. The person who owns the block would have to prove where it come from to shift the responsibility and that is next to impossible. So unfortunately for them it's their problem. I had 5 seperate piles on our block. I kept an eye on my block and the surrounding properties being built and took photos. There was only one dump that I couldn't prove so it was on me to pay to clean it. Sad really that people do the wrong thing

Our Nolan
viewtopic.php?p=1516376%23p1516376
Thanks for the info leelee116

Boundaries- just a question, we are due to start building and have our temporary fence just put up but noticed the other builds on either side of us which are well underway have built extremely close to the boundary line and reckon when they put up their permanent fences they will be within our boundary. I'm not very happy at all at this prospect but what can I do?? Any similar experiences from anyone?

trimum
Boundaries- just a question, we are due to start building and have our temporary fence just put up but noticed the other builds on either side of us which are well underway have built extremely close to the boundary line and reckon when they put up their permanent fences they will be within our boundary. I'm not very happy at all at this prospect but what can I do?? Any similar experiences from anyone?

I think every one needs to build about 700cm from their boundary. Isn't it?? That should clear the fence...

If there is about 5cm between the boundary line and their building I wouldn't be too worried. If they are erecting the fences it must go on the boundary line, if not you are well within your right to complain (or perhaps threaten to remove them). If they are requested half the money from you, don't pay if it's done incorrectly
trimum

You can always get a surveyor out to check it. Guidelines are normally 900 from fence to single house or 1500 to two storey.

Our Nolan
Does anyone know someone that builds timber side gates? I'm looking for the cheapest option available. Thanks
Hey guys anyone know a sparky that could do a data point asap?

Jayjay84
Hey guys anyone know a sparky that could do a data point asap?

Got this earlier from one of the member...

Fred 0418 268 342

Cheers mate I'll give him a buzz

poseiden
Does anyone know someone that builds timber side gates? I'm looking for the cheapest option available. Thanks

Hey mate I've had no response either. Sorry my pm won't let me message

Hey guys,,, I was wondering while building at which stage did you guys got independent inspection done??? I see most of the people only get inspection done after handover....

mikegrg1
Hey guys,,, I was wondering while building at which stage did you guys got independent inspection done??? I see most of the people only get inspection done after handover....

Hi Mike, someone might correct me if I am wrong but I thought just before handover was the only opportunity to get an independent inspection done?

Lincoln35_mckinley
mikegrg1

Hi Mike, someone might correct me if I am wrong but I thought just before handover was the only opportunity to get an independent inspection done?

I am pretty sure you can hire independent inspectors in different stages... like at framing/ bricks / water proofing etc

That's correct. There are four or five points for inspections. Slab, frames, pre lining, electrical and completion

Our Nolan
mikegrg1
Lincoln35_mckinley
mikegrg1

I am pretty sure you can hire independent inspectors in different stages... like at framing/ bricks / water proofing etc

Wow well there you go. I didn't know that.

Makes sense though doesn't it because they can pick things up internally that you can't see on the end product.

Can anyone suggest a good electrician to install those 3-in1 bathroom lights?
Hi all, to get rebates from Oran Park developers do I need my Full Occupation Certificate or would Interim suffice? Thanks

kageanrage
Hi all, to get rebates from Oran Park developers do I need my Full Occupation Certificate or would Interim suffice? Thanks

I just submitted ours yesterday. They will accept the interim.

Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum