Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A 'square' is how much?

Page 1 of 1
Not talking about 'square metres' here - but the number of 'squares'. I remember seeing that a 'square' was considered to be something like 9 metres x 9 metres. Anyone got any info on this?
From another source:

The old building square is still often referred to today. One square (10 foot x 10 foot) = 9.29 sq. metres. To convert squares to metres multiply by 9.29 and to convert metres to squares multiply by 0.1078.
to_do_list
From another source:

The old building square is still often referred to today. One square (10 foot x 10 foot) = 9.29 sq. metres. To convert squares to metres multiply by 9.29 and to convert metres to squares multiply by 0.1078.

yep, 1sq = 9.29 sq mtrs
I find these measurements really amusing. I knew a square was 10ft x 10ft. And i know the house we're building is about 32sq. But I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how big in metres my house is (without doing a little maths obviously).

I'm 31 and have only ever learned to use the Metric system. Yet I can't tell you my height or the size of my house in Metric
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum