Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Aspiration 35 Wisdom Homes at the Ponds

Page 9 of 16
The front of your house looks great, especially with the render. Great colour combination.
Wished we got render for our front posts, anyway I guess we can always do it later. I'd say they will start putting up your gyprock on the walls pretty soon, then you can get a real sense of the room sizes.
Thanks Onewheel. That wall is actually just a moroka. Not even rendered. Yes. You can add some contrast by adding different colour and material to your house later.

Today's visit found the gyprockers working on Saturday. I didn't ask them but appears they're working on the cornices. They've done the gyprocking walls and ceiling throughout yesterday. You're right. Now I get the sense of the room sizes. Pretty happy so far. One thing that I regret. I wish that we increase the first floor ceiling height from the standard.

Entry

Foyer

Home theatre

Living area from dining area
Haha, the moroka is a nice colour, lol. what colour are you going to paint it? House looking really good now.......your entrance is the same as mine, it will look really good once it is finished and painted, it gives the house a nice entrance. did you get any lights to go in the cavity sections?

Don't worry about the ceiling height upstairs too much.....during the day we are pretty much downstairs all the time, mostly only go upstairs to sleep and clean (ugh!) so glad we didn't get higher ceilings upstairs. But each to their own, I'm sure you won't think about that too much once you are in your lovely new home
Looks great cpaces and really coming along now

I agree with Onewheel.would be nice to upgrade ceilings upstairs but not worth it

Concentrate on the positives which I'm sites lots..
Looks like that entrance ceiling niches are pretty standard with WH. Yes I have lights in the middle of all three niches. Although I was planning to put LED downlights on each side of all the niches. But DW complained too many lights. So settle for middle ones.

Thanks Onewheel and Aheron for the assurance. That day my first time waking upstairs with ceiling on. I'm 5 feet 10". I can touch the ceiling if I stand on my toes. But as you said you only sleep and clean
and currently the gyprocks still have grey-ish colour which quite dark. Hopefully brighter colour would be better. Dotgif also said that it's cheaper to heat/cool the rooms too.

Concentrates on the positive side.
Looks great cpaces. I can't wait till mine take form.

cpaces
Looks like that entrance ceiling niches are pretty standard with WH.

I wish i have ceiling niches. I got 2 wall niches near hallway but no ceiling niche.
cpaces

Thanks Onewheel and Aheron for the assurance. That day my first time waking upstairs with ceiling on. I'm 5 feet 10". I can touch the ceiling if I stand on my toes. But as you said you only sleep and clean
and currently the gyprocks still have grey-ish colour which quite dark. Hopefully brighter colour would be better. Dotgif also said that it's cheaper to heat/cool the rooms too.

Concentrates on the positive side.

My DH is 6'1' and the ceiling height is ok with him. It will look better once it is painted and not so dark
Thanks for assuring. Now I can't wait to see after it is painted.

Totally different topic. Does anyone know if you have to follow the landscape plan as submitted to council before getting final occupational certificate? Can we modify the right side of the house instead of pebbles? we're planning to just concrete it or put tiles. Do we have to update the landscape plan and resubmit to council? Or The Ponds DRP? We don't want to delay the build so thinking to submit after handover.
cpaces
Thanks for assuring. Now I can't wait to see after it is painted.

Totally different topic. Does anyone know if you have to follow the landscape plan as submitted to council before getting final occupational certificate? Can we modify the right side of the house instead of pebbles? we're planning to just concrete it or put tiles. Do we have to update the landscape plan and resubmit to council? Or The Ponds DRP? We don't want to delay the build so thinking to submit after handover.

Generally speaking you will have to do everything on the plan with a few exceptions.

So are you saying that you have pebbles on the plan but want to put concrete down the right side instead?
Yes. That's correct.

What's sort of exceptions that you know acceptable?

When you have to resubmit to DRP, is it advise able to do so after handover?

Thanks heaps for your insights.
With side and rear pathways, they will let you downgrade from concrete to pebbles or lawn or,
from pebbles to lawn.
But they wont let you upgrade from lawn to pebbles or from pebbles to concrete.

I recommend putting a thin layer of pebbles down, then install the concrete after handover.
Thank you for the suggestion. Will definitely do that.
Good suggestion Julian!!!

How is it all going cpaces?
So far progressing fine. More gyprocking and stairs went in last week

Cornices

Lower bricks cleaned

Stairs

The weather has been wet. Hopefully you can get your slab soon.
Wow wow wow!!! Its looking great.
Stairs look really good too, they'll look amazing once they are stained.
Also good you no longer have to climb the ladder to peak upstairs.
Looking very very nice cpaces!

Have they given you a timeframe for completion?
Wow looks really nice, I am jelous

Both you and Onewheel got the same starcase I think, looks really nice.
Thanks Onewheel. Unfortunately it's not going to be stained.

We didn't ask specifically for it. We did ask SS that is it too late to have it stained? He replied that if you didn't ask specifically for stain, the pine timber used with the stairs are not suitable for stain. So we'll get whatever look for the stairs.

Yes we no longer have to climb that wobbly stairs at least.
@Aheron the current estimate is still the same which is early Feb due to industry shutdown for NewYear

Thanks Transformation. Similar but the big difference will be that mine will not get stained as with Onewheel's stairs.
cpaces
Thanks Onewheel. Unfortunately it's not going to be stained.

We didn't ask specifically for it. We did ask SS that is it too late to have it stained? He replied that if you didn't ask specifically for stain, the pine timber used with the stairs are not suitable for stain. So we'll get whatever look for the stairs.

Yes we no longer have to climb that wobbly stairs at least.

Sorry, I just made an assumption about the stairs without actually asking you. Painted they will also look good, my friend had hers painted and looks very nice as well
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum