Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

dragonchild's very own land/build thread!

Page 1 of 1
Well, this morning I put an offer in on the block of land that I've picked out; it's in stage 2 of the Timbertop estate in Officer and is currently expected to title around November (most realistic estimate). I offered a little less than the list price but it is not subject to finance so now I wait to see if it's rejected, accepted or I get a counteroffer.

I've got a blog up (see my sig) which has a few posts about The Block and my favourite floorplan right now (the Sandringham45 from Porter Davis); I am still going through other possible floorplans, especially smaller and less expensive ones, in case the Sandringham the way I want it just can't be squished into the budget. And also, waiting to see if my IVF cycle works and therefore how full the house will be.

Watching, reading, thinking, planning, researching... so far, this is fun. I wonder how long that will last...
congrats and all the best for land and ivf
Great news! Goodness it sure does take ages for land to title doesn't it? Seems unreasonable if you ask me, but I'm impatient

HD
I'm sure it will feel like *forever* when I am waiting, especially when I have signed with a builder and have plans and colours and such things!

I still haven't got an answer about my offer - the developer is 'thinking about it' over the long weekend.
I got a counter offer! It's a good one too - I'm paying the deposit and signing the contract this afternoon and then I HAVE MY BLOCK!
congratulations!
That's great news, congratulations. Good luck with the IVF too
congrats on the block and signing
Just pulling this up to say that I have updated my blog again; I have had an insanely busy few months but time marches on and if I don't pay attention to my plans, I'll get lost again.
I have been going to some more displays and hunting through plans *again* but I came right back to Porter Davis with the Marina41; it is just the closest to perfect for what I want and the block's orientation/size. So, provided the negotiations with the sales team goes how I want, that is what I will build.

On a personal level, well, that IVF cycle failed so I'm in the early stages of another. I think this will be my last try for a while though; if it fails, I'll set it aside so I can resume saving money and I'll try again after I'm in my new house.
Related
30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum