Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Experience with Sett Homes

Page 3 of 9
Met with the colour consultant (Annette) for the exterior colours over the weekend. Man it was full on! Total time spent was around 2.5 hours. We went in thinking we had a good idea of what we wanted, and came out with something different. But I think it worked out to be something that we would like a lot.

Not looking forward to meeting with her again for the interior colours, which is going to be more intense, She said probably around 3.5 to 4 hours!!!

Anyway, it's slowly getting there. just hope it doesn't take too long with Council.

BTW Dean, do you remember at what stage did you went and chose the internal colours and fittings (doors, handles, kitchen, plumbing, etc) and also the electricals?
Are you kidding me? That long? Man we have a 3 year old who's gonna be turning the place upside down in that time...

For internal consultation you have to pay for her time don't you? Is she good??

Cheers
Maverick
Hi Mikeann,

Electricals/Clipsal - Feb 2013 (We requested early appointment. Understand from Clipsal it's normally done before frames stage).

Bamboo floors - Feb (we requested early appointment... well it was more a viewing of available bamboos.)

Dilorenzo tiles/bathroom - Feb (we requested early appointment. Was approx 1-2 hours from memory). We had already spent time previously looking at options.

FLOOR Slab complete March 2013.

ROOF complete April 2013.

Alarm configuration - April/May 2013

Kitchens - finalised May 2013 (we were later than Sett wanted as were undecided on plans)

CLOSE up - May 2013.

Internal colours - May 2013.

Handles - April 2013.

Doors - not yet asked from us. (Currently at Fixing stage. Waterproofing just completed).

Plumbing - none. If we had special requests i emailed the project manager. E.g. wanted a water point at fridge space for fridge ice/filter options. Wanted hot/cold water and gas points for bbq at alfresco. Then one internal gas point.
Maverick, I know what you mean. We had our 5yo with us and just kept her busy with the ipad. I think you'll be fine. It's done in the house next door to the one that Joe works in at Pemulwuy.

Dean,

Thanks for the information. It seems like it's spread out quite a bit. I would have thought you get everything done around the same time.
Hi Dean,

Just wondering about your selections with Dilorenzo, were the allowances provided by Sett sufficient or did you need to upgrade a lot of the floor coverings?

We've been given $25/sqm for the tiles and the carpets. But I also noticed that the main floor tiles in our tender are 600 x 600. I'm not sure that there are $25/sqm tiles in that size range.

I've read that a lot of people end up upgrading and you rarely go with the standard tiles allowed for.

Can't believe how the budget keeps growing. After the colour consultation for the externals, we've had to pay an additional $2,000+ for the the bricks we wanted, the allowance wasn't enough!
maverick343
For internal consultation you have to pay for her time don't you? Is she good??

Cheers
Maverick

Oops, sorry Maverick, forgot to answer your question.

For the internals, you have to pay an additional fee for her time, which is around $350.

We found that she was very helpful. Well worth it as we went in with what we thought was the colour combination / scheme to use, but ended up with a different colour scheme. She explained what colour goes with what and tailors it to the theme you're after. With us we were after 'earthy' colours / theme.
Thanks for that. We will most surely go down that path. We had our first meeting with Marretta Designs. Frank seems to be a very nice guy and knows what he is talking about. Excited about the drawings he will come up with.
Mikeann,

Bricks - we stuck to standard although not 100% keen on final selection now. We liked the blue brick which was twice cost of standard bricks so stayed with standard bricks.

Dilorenzo - we had same allowance and stuck to it as we have minimal tiles... on hallway and back kitchen / family / dining. Rest is bamboo floors which we made sure was included in tender as I know how costly it can be. The tiles we picked was 450x450 @$30/sqm but Dilorenzo said no extra charge as that was "standard". Maybe Sett needs to update their tender.. Suggest you visit Dilorenzo and ask which tiles are standard for Sett Homes.
Hey Guys,

Just an update, our DA has been with Council for 4 weeks, so hopefully another 2-3 weeks before we get approval and get the build happening. This waiting game is killing us!

In terms of the tiles, we haven't finalised them yet, but for those of you who are yet to choose your tiles, be aware that Sett don't only use Dilorenzo for the supply of their tiles. They also use another company called Marvel Ceramics in Prestons. Not as big or flashy as Dilorenzo, but definitely better in terms of what they allow for under your allowance.

For example, under the $25/m2 allowance, I can get 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles, which we have decided is the way to go. So make sure when the time comes, ask Sett about Marvel Ceramics. You can go there well before it's time to choose the tiles to see what they have and to get an idea, but you'll need to make an appointment with them first.
I know the guys at Marvel Ceramics, they are a top bunch of blokes. They do a lot of work for Casaview Homes as well.
Hi Napoli,

Yeah, Nino is really nice and really helpful. Can;t wait for our tile selection to happen.

So have you decided on a builder yet?
Mikeann
Hi Napoli,

Yeah, Nino is really nice and really helpful. Can;t wait for our tile selection to happen.

Top bloke apart from the soccer team he supports haha. Na I haven't decided yet, I will be speaking with Sett Homes shortly.
NAPOLI986
Mikeann
Hi Napoli,

Top bloke apart from the soccer team he supports haha. Na I haven't decided yet, I will be speaking with Sett Homes shortly.

Good luck Napoli!
Hey guys,

Surprisingly this thread seems to have gotten a little quiet. How is everyone going with their build?
I just got my CDC approval.
Need to get through all the selections soon.
Any inputs on the electrical and kitchen selections?

Cheers,
Maverick
Hi Maverick, seems like you are well on your way.

We haven't even received Council approval yet! It'll be 10 weeks tomorrow since we submitted out DA to Council. Liverpool Council are really hopeless. We hope to get approval this week, but who knows. We've given up counting the days.

Been dieing to start the build process. So jealous of you. Wish we could have gone through CDC.

Anyway, good luck and keep us informed of your build.
Yeah we were lucky. Actually didn't know the hassle at all. Took 5 days flat
Did you do any of your appointments yet?

Cheerio
The only appointment we've had so far was the exterior colour selection. Just waiting on getting approval to start the process.
Hi All,

We finally got DA approval just under 2 weeks ago. Final construction drawings are being prepared for Construction Certificate and hope to have the build started next week, straight after we sign the contract.

I can't believe it's finally starting after 8 months since we bought the land and got the process going.

How about everyone else, how is your build going?
Congratulations on your approval.
Joe will get onto it really fast.

I got my slab today
Man, so jealous of you!

Good to hear that it's going well for you.

Yeah I hope it goes well for us too.
Related
9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum