Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Experience with Sett Homes

Page 8 of 9
Hi Shash,

It's weird that Joe hasn't got back to you yet. I actually visited his office this morning and it was buzzing with activity. I know he's brought on a few new people as they are getting busier.

Try calling him directly or his office.
I noticed that Rina is no longer working there which is a shame.
NAPOLI986
I noticed that Rina is no longer working there which is a shame.

I noticed she wasn't there today when i went there.

When did she leave? I wonder why she left...
No idea why and when, I was told from some other lady when I rang the other day.
Haven't heard from Joe about our quote, its been about 2 months now. I called both his moblie and office and left msg's. I can understand they are busy but a call or msg to say whether he can or not would be good.

shash07 .. did you get an response from Joe? what other builders are you looking at?
sprint1
Haven't heard from Joe about our quote, its been about 2 months now. I called both his moblie and office and left msg's. I can understand they are busy but a call or msg to say whether he can or not would be good.

shash07 .. did you get an response from Joe? what other builders are you looking at?

Hi Sprint1,
No we have not received any reply from joe,we had called him a few months back again to remind him about the quote when he promised us a quote within a couple of weeks but nothing has progressed,sometimes i think we asked him too many questions and sought detailed info on the type of materials he used that kind of made him reluctant to give us a quote this is just my guess, but i think they are very busy as well,how did your meeting go with joe have you tried calling him recently.
Hi Mikeann, hope you guys are doing well, how is everything with sett post handover.
Also Napoli, hows your build going hope everything is on track for you.
Hi Sprint1,
Forgot to reply to the other part of your question, we are looking at a private builder in the north west they have built a lot of homes in the ponds & kellyville area, a few friends of ours have build/building with them,we would be getting a quote shortly, can i ask where abouts are you building.
we are looking at allworth homes as well, we will be meeting them in November for a quote as our land does not register untill early next year
Hi Shash,

yeah, everything has been good. As with any build, there are minor problems post construction, but Sett has been good in addressing them. the only problem is trying to find time during the week to be home and let the tradies in to do there work.

I'm quite disappointed that they haven't got back to you guys. It's a shame.

I'm getting a quote from them for a knockdown-rebuild and so far Joe has been responsive to my emails. Maybe because I'm a past customer.

Anyhow, good luck with the other builders and hopefully their customer service is much better. Who is the private builder in the north west, if you don;t mind me asking? Also, where were you building again?
Mikeann
Hi Shash,

yeah, everything has been good. As with any build, there are minor problems post construction, but Sett has been good in addressing them. the only problem is trying to find time during the week to be home and let the tradies in to do there work.

I'm quite disappointed that they haven't got back to you guys. It's a shame.

I'm getting a quote from them for a knockdown-rebuild and so far Joe has been responsive to my emails. Maybe because I'm a past customer.

Anyhow, good luck with the other builders and hopefully their customer service is much better. Who is the private builder in the north west, if you don;t mind me asking? Also, where were you building again?

Hi Mikeann,
Good to know sett has worked out good for you,the builder i was referring to is called white design and construction, they are at mcgraths hill past rouse hill in the north west,they do have a website but it is not that informative,we are building at edmondson park,where abouts is your second build going to be.
Hi Shash,

Sounds good. Looking at their website, they do have a few nice designs there. Good luck with it!

The knockdown-rebuild is actually my parents house in Wetherill Park. I grew up in that house, so would be sad to see it get knocked down, but it is time to rebuild as it's a 30+ year house.
Hi Shash,

I'm building in Edmondson park, Derna st. spoke to Joe and he quoted roughly around $1200/sqm, this was over the phone, he said only if i confirm then he can get me a detailed quote
. I have been referred by a friend to White Design & construction as well. They are a bit quick in responding and i will be getting a quote this week. Their build is pretty good as well when i went and saw my friends house.
Mikeann
Hi Shash,

Sounds good. Looking at their website, they do have a few nice designs there. Good luck with it!

The knockdown-rebuild is actually my parents house in Wetherill Park. I grew up in that house, so would be sad to see it get knocked down, but it is time to rebuild as it's a 30+ year house.

Hi Mikeann,
I can understand where you come from while thinking of rebuilding your parents home,but as they say the only thing permanent in life is change,any way good luck with it.
Hi Sprint1,
We are on derna st as well on lot 2185, what lot are you on may be the friend who recommended you to white is a known to us as well as we know a few people that have build with them.
My experience with Sett has been pretty bad too. feels like he doesn't care anymore. Doesn't return calls/emails. Drove all the way to his office from castle hill, he promised to get back to us with a quote in 2 weeks, two months and nothing. Called and left a message, returned my call after a week and told me to send an email to fix an appointment, which i did promptly, been 2 weeks now and still waiting for a response. pretty poor form if you ask me. imagine he does this half way through building a house. screw that. Plenty of cheap builders like Sett out there people. Give this guy the flick.
Hi everyone,

We have just completed our build with Sett Homes and I've been following this forum since we signed the tender back in 2013. I have to say it was quite helpful. We can understand everyone's frustration in terms of poor communication and responses,it was not a great experience for that. Joe definitely requires more staff to mange this business properly. However in terms of the overall completion of the house, we are extremely happy and proud to have the house we do. The quality is fantastic and we have seen neighbours houses, who also built new houses, and the quality you cannot compare. My husband and I say the headaches of poor communication and responses was worth it in the end. If you can be patient with Joe and be persistent you will be a happy customer.
I second that aae123. Joe definitely needs more help in the office, but the quality of his work makes it all good. My home is nearing completion and it looks great
Just wanted to say how disappointed I am with Sett Homes, saw Joe a few weeks ago about a tender to build my home, thought I would phone to see where it was up to, and was informed he was now away till the end of July. So I now have to wait another 4-5 weeks. I thought at least an email would have been nice to advise me.
Customer service?mmmmmmmmm
nervousnelly
Just wanted to say how disappointed I am with Sett Homes, saw Joe a few weeks ago about a tender to build my home, thought I would phone to see where it was up to, and was informed he was now away till the end of July. So I now have to wait another 4-5 weeks. I thought at least an email would have been nice to advise me.

Give him the flick mate. Plenty of builders in and around Sydney who are far superior
zappa141
nervousnelly

Give him the flick mate. Plenty of builders in and around Sydney who are far superior

Any suggestions zappa141?

NN
nervousnelly
zappa141
nervousnelly

Any suggestions zappa141?

NN

We have gone with macdonald jones, great designs, good inclusions and more importantly they get back to you within a day when u email or call them for something. Sett is really bad that way
Thanks zappa141

Cheers
NN
Related
9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum