Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley - NBN fibre optic

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm building with Henley in Allura estate (VIC). Colour appointment has been booked for 31 Jan.
However, I'm so confused about the NBN fibre optic installation because I'm so noob about this stuff.
I took the NBN Fibre optic bronze pack from Henley which includes (wondering if this is all there is to it):
- Conduit
- Earthing of ONT & lead in cables
- Double power point for PSU
- Hub enclosure
- 2 No. telephone points
- 2 No. TV points

Can anyone please explain to me how this works?
If I go with the above package, when the house is built, is it gonna be ready for the service provider (eg telstra) to connect a phone line and internet?

Also, the builder standard inclusion already has 2 TV points, why would the NBN package include another 2 TV points? Are NBN TV points different from the standard TV points?
I'm thinking that the standard TV points will connect to TV antenna while NBN TV points will connect to other source (such as foxtel) if I pay for the service. *not sure if this is correct*

At Henley, I heard there is a move-in package which include TV antenna installation, does anyone have this move-in package? Or is it easy for me to install the TV antenna later on?

Help much appreciated... Thanks.

mtz
You're not talking "Velocity" here are you ?

We have something similar but its on an estate where everything comes via the fibre optic. So we have to choose where the FTA and Pay TV goes. BUT - we can decide which are which - ie swap them about.
Saint Mike
You're not talking "Velocity" here are you ?

We have something similar but its on an estate where everything comes via the fibre optic. So we have to choose where the FTA and Pay TV goes. BUT - we can decide which are which - ie swap them about.

No, I dont think its velocity - but not 100% sure.
It is a new estate and NBN works have commenced in the estate (so I'm assuming everything will come via the fibre optic).
Related
13/02/2024
Fixing to inteternal fibre cement wall

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

All my inside walls are Fibre Cement & House has Steel frames... Tricky when one wants to hang pictures or do Wainscoating Paneling up the hallway. Those little nail…

4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum