Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Riksters place - Kid's play area

Page 30 of 36
Yes, it was so surrreal!!! Got up this morning & couldn't believe my eyes.
I know we've had dust storms in the past, but for some reason this morning's show was a standout.

God what a mess to clean up though
. Red dust over everything outside & some of the fine particles have made their way in to the house. Just dread going outside to see if our weatherboards are lined with it.
Wow that photo is pretty amazing but also quite eerie!

I don't envy all you people having to clean that yucky dust off everything
stonecutter1309
Your house could be in a scary movie

yeah
Even with all that dust i *still* admired your home!! Its beautiful!!
Hels

It certainly was a rather strange day. Thankfully, the skies have cleared here at work, looks like a normal sunny day now.
Just the cleanup to be done now
My DD emailed me these pics. Geez.....some people are fast & clever.........

^
Love the Godzilla pic! I've done my bit and forwarded it on tenfold!
Great photos rikster! your house still looks amazing, thanks for sharing the pics!
Still by far my favourite house on homeone. Just gorgeous, even covered in dust.

Have you ever had the finished house valued? I bet it's worth a small fortune!
oztish
Still by far my favourite house on homeone. Just gorgeous, even covered in dust.

Have you ever had the finished house valued? I bet it's worth a small fortune!

Thanks for the nice comments Oztish.

We have never had it valued, as we fret that we may have overcapitalised. It's not really a worry I guess, as we don't intend to sell up until we reach the point of installing a stair lift. Then we'll sell up & move to a retirement village somewhere.
Hels

I don't envy all you people having to clean that yucky dust off everything

Saturday was dust cleaning day. Spent all day cleaning it away - hope we don't get another of those for quite some time !
Hi Rikster,

I think you house is very beautiful. We like the Federation style from Young. I have just build a project home but not very satisfied with the outcome. Young Home certainly pays attention to every detail.

We are thinking to build another house in a few years' time. Can I ask you how long did it take from slab stage?
I wonder if you can tell us what timebr has been used for your timber coffe table and side table in the living area. The style is very unique and where did you get them from?

beh
Hi Rikster,

I think you house is very beautiful. We like the Federation style from Young. I have just build a project home but not very satisfied with the outcome. Young Home certainly pays attention to every detail.

We are thinking to build another house in a few years' time. Can I ask you how long did it take from slab stage?
I wonder if you can tell us what timebr has been used for your timber coffe table and side table in the living area. The style is very unique and where did you get them from?

beh

Standing ovation for you both!!!!
Ive just gone from page 1 -30....Im speechless!!!!..
Everyone has summed it up perfect...for thats what it is perfect.
So beautiful and it looks like its always been there looking like that.....I love the big old tree in the front..
Simply stunning.....take a bow
behw
Hi Rikster,Can I ask you how long did it take from slab stage?

beh

Hi Beh,
It took 11 months from slab to completion. We had the Christmas break & many weeks of rain delays. Youngs certainly do pay attention to detail & most people who have seen the house say that it is very well built.

The furniture in the formal living area is from a company called Jimmy Possum http://www.jimmypossum.com.au/main_new.asp. We bought them in 2001, so I'm not sure if they would make this style any more. Unfortunately I don't know the timber species.

Thanks for your kind comments. I was sorry to hear about your experience with your build, hopefully your next one will be better.

Cheers

Rikster
emilygirl
::

Standing ovation for you both!!!!
Ive just gone from page 1 -30....Im speechless!!!!..
Everyone has summed it up perfect...for thats what it is perfect.
So beautiful and it looks like its always been there looking like that.....I love the big old tree in the front..
Simply stunning.....take a bow

Wow, thanks Emilygirl, what wonderfull comments. We were after exactly that - a new house that blended in with the surrounding area & existing houses. We've even had passers by shout 'we love your house'. Certainly makes all the effort worthwhile.
Who recalls our Environment Ministers Album cover?
I do

pretty similar view in todays modern world.
Hi Rikster & Bec,
Your house is absolutely beautiful and everytime I open another photo I am not disappointed.

Thank you for sharing your build on this forum...I have just read the whole 30 pages (exhausted
but wanting more).

Hope you don't mind I have snavelled some pics for "my album of things I like".

Cheers,
Carolyn
Tasmania
Caromac
Hi Rikster & Bec,
Your house is absolutely beautiful and everytime I open another photo I am not disappointed.

Thank you for sharing your build on this forum...I have just read the whole 30 pages (exhausted
but wanting more).

Cheers,
Carolyn
Tasmania

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Most appreciated. No problems at all about adding some pics to your album. That's what they are there for really.

Cheers

Rikster
Caromac
Hi Rikster & Bec,

but wanting more).

Cheers,
Carolyn
Tasmania

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Most appreciated. No problems at all about adding some pics to your album. That's what they are there for really.

Cheers

Rikster
Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum