Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairhaven Homes - Deck'd!

Page 25 of 25
Yeah really well thanks DrNick. Apologies to all for not posting much. Between work and home there hasn't been much time for anything else.

Deck is underway. Have excavated the area, post holes in and ready for posts hopefully this weekend however I might end up working now... Grass seed has also taken down the back portion of our yard so everything looks mostly green with the odd empty patch. Also was able to mow the Santa Anna for the first time this weekend. Looks fanastic really happy with it.

Once the deck is finished we'll finalise plants out the back, stone both sides and get onto the front which is my last project. Really happy overall. A few small things with the house still to bring up come 3 month report but nothing major and hopefully no issues getting them fixed up.

Cheers, Met.
Hey Met! No worries at all, I am not looking forward to when I get to that point. I am going to try and take 2-3 weeks off to get as much done as possible!

Your place is looking good from the train line, the seed taking off well? Who was your site supervisor? Dennis?

Cheers

S
Yep he was and did a great job.

Turf much easier than seed! If I could have afforded the extra few 1000 I would have turfed the lot but just didnt seem practical. Seed doing very well regardless.

Good to know its looking good as you go past at 120km/h hahah.
Back after weekends of work and golf! Deck is underway. Stumps and bearers are in, joists will be in this week followed by decking this weekend I hope. Really happy with the progress will finally be fully out of the mud in the next few weeks I hope. Then its on to the front yard!
So here is a major update! Deck (top) is just about done. One length short as I did it without joins. Struggled to get 4.5m or more merbeau but looks fantastic.

Just have to complete the sides, thinking of planed plinth boards painted the same colour as the sheeting in the undercover area, or more merbeau. Most likely merbeau. Very very happy with the results.

Next step is plants, a few panels to give us privacy as raised deck looks directly into neighbours, and then it'll be onto front decking and retaining wall! Never stops be we're getting there.

that is looking great! It is making me want to get our deck going at the back, but we have to wait a while longer. I have to say I am quite jealous of your back yard space
Yeah the back yard space has come up very well. The two grasses we have used blend very well and joining them on the slope has hidden the obvious change. Took me forever to mow it because I had let it get too long in an effort to establish the bottom from seed. Mulching mower will be the next investment.

Its a great space. The idea is the deck is on one level with a decent amount of grass around it so kids etc are close enough to the house to keep track of, extra space down the back for when its needed for a kick of the footy, or for me, chipping practice haha.
Deck looks great! Did you build that yourself?
Yeah had it quoted and it was just too high. Saved over $4500 by doing it ourselves. Had a lot of help from Dad which made it easier. Really happy with the result.
congrats love the deck
Thanks mate.
Looks great!

S
Wow looks great! Only just seeing your Post now. 1.5 yrs later! May I ask how much your turf cost? We are debating turf or seed? We are building in Waterford rise in Warragul.
I love your mirror! It's fantastic!! Definitely going to look for something like that when our house is finished!!
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

8/06/2023
Does my deck need handrails?

General Discussion

I've just built 3 stairs off a landing out the back and been told by the private certifier I need hand rails sorry tried to attach a pic but couldn't mine don't have sides…

6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum