Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Burns Build - Dale Alcock Finished Photos

Page 44 of 44
Can you post what colour you got it stained too tbrown? I also have this exact issue.
gandn
Can you post what colour you got it stained too tbrown? I also have this exact issue.

The door is a cedar stain but don't know what exact stain they used to match up the woods as SS just got it sorted and I didn't ask.

This is a photo of it today (18 months later and probably in need of a refresh as quite battered by the weather as we are on the coast). You can see though the big improvement from the original photo.
Hope this helped Honeywood and your builder can rectify for you. I bet none of there display homes have this issue!
+Tbrown2012
gandn

The door is a cedar stain but don't know what exact stain they used to match up the woods as SS just got it sorted and I didn't ask.

This is a photo of it today (18 months later and probably in need of a refresh as quite battered by the weather as we are on the coast). You can see though the big improvement from the original photo.
Hope this helped Honeywood and your builder can rectify for you. I bet none of there display homes have this issue!

Thanks so much Tbrown. I'm going to use this as amo for the SS haha
wish me luck!

First Build, Commodore Homes, Honeywood, Wandi.
viewtopic.php?t=77170
Good luck OHB
The SS reckons the door frame can't be matched. What the? It's obvious yours looks amazing after it was stained. I hate this builder

viewtopic.php?t=77170
TBrown I'm not sure if you get on here much these days.

I was going to go back and try and find it but was having trouble. Where did you get your shutters from? We are considering them, if budget allows, but interested to find who people have actually used as it will be a big investment.

Hope your loving your house!! Thanks!!
Hey fmac, try boardwalk shutters. That's who we are using

viewtopic.php?t=77170
fmac
TBrown I'm not sure if you get on here much these days.

I was going to go back and try and find it but was having trouble. Where did you get your shutters from? We are considering them, if budget allows, but interested to find who people have actually used as it will be a big investment.

Hope your loving your house!! Thanks!!

Hi fmac, still around, love to see how everyone's builds are going and loved the building game so enjoy seeing new floor plans and ideas.

We did a fair bit of research with shutters and ended up going with Blinds Gallery as we did a combination of shutters and Venetian blinds in minor bedrooms and they could do both whilst boardwalk could only do shutters.
We had boardwalk around for a quote and I know alot of people used them with success but blinds gallery had a great product called Suncore shutters which has a 15 year guarantee, they are slightly more expensive than basswood shutters (Boardwalk only use basswood and I think only have 5 year guarantee)but as this product is not wood do not warp or fade. We used these on our main bedroom and theatre as these are west facing and on the coast so cops the weather. We used the basswood shutter product on the internal voids.
You couldn't tell the difference by looking at them though.
We dealt with Gary at blinds gallery and was more than happy to negotiate price. I will pm you his mobile number.
Let me know if you want and I will take photos of all shutters and minor bedroom blinds.
Good luck
Thank you so much for the information! It is very helpful. I have now contacted a few people for quotes.

One last question, how do you find them in terms of blocking out the sun? I know they aren't the same as curtains but I am thinking they will be similar to our current vertical blinds if not better....

Thanks again!
No probs - happy to help.
I think they are really effective in blocking out sun, still absolutely love the shutters!
Good luck with everything
Hi love your house, can you tell me what colour window frames and garage door you used? I came across your blog from another blog which may be your parents build? It's surfmist roof, mud pack and pebble grey render?? If so do you know what window frames they used? Sorry, first time on here not sure how it all works yet?
Kytonballina
Hi love your house, can you tell me what colour window frames and garage door you used? I came across your blog from another blog which may be your parents build? It's surfmist roof, mud pack and pebble grey render?? If so do you know what window frames they used? Sorry, first time on here not sure how it all works yet?

Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks!
Our place is White lustre window and door frames by Jason Windows and surfmist garage door.
My folks house was a different window company(whichever home group use) not sure if their exact colour but white too. I will check with them.
Good luck
+Tbrown2012
Forgot to specify exterior colour selections are now
Roof: surfmist
Main render: solver white cliffs
Portico render: botany grey
Windows : white lustre

Will be doing feature tiling after handover and decking to front veranda.

Hello Tbrown2012, I loved your home .. It's really and inspiration for us as well.. We are building now and we also selected botany Gray as our feature and Gretna as our main render and surfmist as roof fascia ect... Just need your opinion on it did you had the same feature exterior colour or something else ? We really appreciate if you don't mind to share your colour combination. Thanks in advance
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum