Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Burns Build - Dale Alcock Finished Photos

Page 43 of 44
archetto
Stunning home! Where is the black square unit on the wall above the bath from if you don't mind me asking, thank you

Thanks! It is from Masters and more of a brown wood look.
Thanks
want to use them to pretty up our WCs
Hi Tbrown2012... I'm a late comer to your conversation and really enjoyed reading about your "journey" from start to finish... I absolutely love your bench and servery and am seriously considering sacrificing some space to achieve that in our new home but I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind... not sure if they've already been asked.
How functional is the position of your kitchen sink? Does it allow you to still see what's happening in your meals area? Still allows enough space on the servery when the window is open? Given the length of your bench... how many joins do you have? Are they noticeable? Thanks in advance... I'm sure your thoroughly enjoying your new home!!
winter_1429
Hi Tbrown2012... I'm a late comer to your conversation and really enjoyed reading about your "journey" from start to finish... I absolutely love your bench and servery and am seriously considering sacrificing some space to achieve that in our new home but I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind... not sure if they've already been asked.
How functional is the position of your kitchen sink? Does it allow you to still see what's happening in your meals area? Still allows enough space on the servery when the window is open? Given the length of your bench... how many joins do you have? Are they noticeable? Thanks in advance... I'm sure your thoroughly enjoying your new home!!

Hi winter_1429, great to hear you enjoyed the thread

I would not change a thing in terms of the position of our kitchen sink. In answer to you specific questions.
Yes can easily see into meals area. Heaps of space on the servery when window open. We have 3 joins along that whole bench as its over 7m. 2 of them you don't see and one I am not that fond of, no one else seems to notice but I do!
Good luck with your plans
Thanks for the reply Tbrown2012 - that's all great to hear... do you think the colour/pattern of the stone you choose impacts on how much you will notice the join? I suppose the ability of the person installing it comes into play too!
winter_1429
Thanks for the reply Tbrown2012 - that's all great to hear... do you think the colour/pattern of the stone you choose impacts on how much you will notice the join? I suppose the ability of the person installing it comes into play too!

Yes I think the colour/pattern does make a difference to how noticeable the join. We also had the joins redone a couple of times and do think it's the best they could do.
Hey Tbrown. Just preparing my post about interior paint colours and came across the interview of you on D.A.'s website. Very professional and house looks so, so good. Hope you are enjoying!
Omg I am admiring your beautiful house pictures just now and suddenly I catch sight of the street view- I kid you not I was at the BB playground the other day and as we were driving out of the suburb (I tend to meander along the streets in BB because there are some lovely houses), my daughter said, "If you had to have one of these houses, which one would you have?". I keep looking as I drove and spotted something so gorgeous that I pointed and said "That one!"....It was YOUR house!!!
Magnificent. Wish I'd done your external colours, maybe I'll be painting soon! Ironically I've got your internal colour as my external (albeit @300%).
Gorgeous pics (and dog). Love the family beach pics in the beechwood frames, really completes the whole beach house look.
housebythewater
Hey Tbrown. Just preparing my post about interior paint colours and came across the interview of you on D.A.'s website. Very professional and house looks so, so good. Hope you are enjoying!

Thanks housebythewater. Was rather nervous talking on camera. Keep seeing our pics pop up on their FB feeds, feels bizarre! It was a great experience and great ending to our building journey. Yes certainly loving the house!
PerthAussie2014
Omg I am admiring your beautiful house pictures just now and suddenly I catch sight of the street view- I kid you not I was at the BB playground the other day and as we were driving out of the suburb (I tend to meander along the streets in BB because there are some lovely houses), my daughter said, "If you had to have one of these houses, which one would you have?". I keep looking as I drove and spotted something so gorgeous that I pointed and said "That one!"....It was YOUR house!!!
Magnificent. Wish I'd done your external colours, maybe I'll be painting soon! Ironically I've got your internal colour as my external (albeit @300%).
Gorgeous pics (and dog). Love the family beach pics in the beechwood frames, really completes the whole beach house look.

Wow what amazing comments and compliment! Much appreciated !!!
Yes you are famous! I put you on House By The Water's Facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/housebythewater?ref=hl and a couple of your pics on my blog this week. (Thank you!) You've done such a good job with the finishings and decoration in such a short time. I'm thinking that we'll take 1-2 years to get to the same point after handover.
housebythewater
Yes you are famous! I put you on House By The Water's Facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/housebythewater?ref=hl and a couple of your pics on my blog this week. (Thank you!) You've done such a good job with the finishings and decoration in such a short time. I'm thinking that we'll take 1-2 years to get to the same point after handover.

Hahaha .... Love your blog and seeing all your inspirations for the house. It's going to be fantastic watching it all come together. Thanks for the comments on the decor, it had been such fun but has somewhat stalled as funds run out!! Still a few things I would love to get done, we didn't get any landscaping lighting so would love to have parts of the garden lit up at night, get some eco screens/ timber to cover that horrible fence and inside I am looking for some pendants for our bedroom and a new hall table light as ours broke.
Looking forward to your next update
Hey Tbrown - where are your kitchen pendants from? I have found numerous places that sell them but haven't seen them in person (only online) are you happy with the quality of yours?
Hi archetto, they are from Beacon "Aero" pendants. We initially bought the larger size but they were too big so got the smaller ones. My hubby loved them but I wasn't so sure. I was pleasantly surprised when they went up, really changed the whole look of the kitchen - love them now!
Thanks for that, looks like Beacon don't sell them anymore.
archetto
Thanks for that, looks like Beacon don't sell them anymore.

Hey archetto - saw them at Beacon Joondalup on the weekend!!!
Hi again +Tbrown2012! I've been stalking your kitchen plans and pics again and have a question... What have you done with the corner cupboard under your servery? It's a bit hard to tell from the pics... Have you gone with drawers in most places? Thanks in advance
winter_1429
Hi again +Tbrown2012! I've been stalking your kitchen plans and pics again and have a question... What have you done with the corner cupboard under your servery? It's a bit hard to tell from the pics... Have you gone with drawers in most places? Thanks in advance

Hi, the corner cupboard is a little awkward and we had to do it without a handle as it would cause a problem when opening and hitting the other cupboard. It is quite a big, deep corner space and great for storing bulky items which we don't use a lot. If I didn't have a lot of other cupboards I may have put in one of those corner cupboard swivel inserts which makes better use of corner space.
In terms of drawers, yes love my drawers, have 4 banks of 3 wide drawers.
Attached pic of corner cupboard and updated kitchen plans

+Tbrown2012
Thanks to everyone for skirting opinions. I think I would actually prefer to have them, getting our flooring company to give us a quote.
Butterbing - thanks for the website info , does look reasonable - will get a quote from them too!

Another opinion poll please. This different wood colour on front door frame is bugging me!
I sent CLO an email yesterday and she said she would forward to SS.

Am I being pedantic? Does anyone else have this type of door - is the frame the same colour?
This afternoon the door guy was fitting the handle onto the door, I asked him about it and he didn't seem to interested - just said you get that with wood .... It's going to annoy me.

Hey Tbrown, I really hope you are still on here because this exact same thing has happened to us and the SS reckons that he can't match it the same color because its different woods. I am really unhappy about that response. How did you go about getting it matched? did it work out in the end? did they fix it or did you sort it out after handover?
Hi Honeywood,

Yes, it was all sorted. SS agreed it looked horrible and said he would sort out. By the time PCI came along they had stained it and matches the door almost perfectly. I will see it I can find a photo.
Your SS needs to at least try match it, doing nothing is not good enough!
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum