Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

cleanliness of your home when handed over...

Page 2 of 2
thats telling them joan
ahuang
joaninhac, you should request to have another cleaning done before accepting the hand over. That's what we did.

Becareful though, in our builder's acceptance form there's a clause saying "we confirmed there's no crack/scratches in all windows/basin/vanity/benchtop/shower screen.....". I complaint about this, as the house wasn't properly cleaned yet, how do we check and confirm if there's no scratches.

Ahuang - yes we had the same problem. at sign off last week, i read everything we signed, and noticed there was a little fine print saying we agreed that there were no scratches/cracks/damage to basins, benchtops and all other glazed surfaces and i told the supervisor the same thing, windows aren't cleaned properly how are we meant to see if there are any scratches? In the end we just signed it as i don't think there was much we could do... what did you do?
A warning to everyone vacuuming their concrete before flooring goes down - if you have a Dyson - do not use it! It voids your warranty.

When I went to get a new part for our Dyson upright, the repair guy was explaining to the customer before me that using it to vacuum builders dust voided the warranty.

When I asked what people should use - he said to buy a cheap $100 vacuum and then once you're done - throw it out!
Thanx for the tip Stonecutter, we've got a nice Miele so would hate to damage/ void warranty!
joaninhac
well... the builder has agreed to have it cleaned again and properly this time as i showed them the 'Guide to Standards and tolerances' in which it states that - Building works are defective where windows are not clean, floors are not swept, mopped or vacuumed as appropriate, tiles, sinks, basins, through, baths, etc. are not cleaned and shelving, drawers and cupboards ready for use.

so i'm happy now... well at least with regards to the cleaning!

Hi joaninhac, great to hear you got your house cleaned properly. Can I ask where you got your copy of the 'Guide to Standards & Tolerances' from? Sounds like a handy thing to have when we are up to that stage...

thanks

donuts
Donuts

Definately reccommend you get a copy of the standards... trust me it comes in handy!!!

go to:
www.buildingcommission.com.au/resources ... IDE_07.pdf

enjoy the read!
Golly! It is long, isn't it!

Thanks for that. Glad I checked the number of pages before sending to print...

donuts
donuts
:shock: Golly! It is long, isn't it!

Thanks for that. Glad I checked the number of pages before sending to print...

donuts

yeh it is
... it's worth the print!!! make it double sided if you can!
Really? Might have to make a trip down to Officeworks...don't think I have enough paper even for double sided!
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

3/07/2023
Butchered concrete over overflow relief gully

General Discussion

Much a do about nothing. You can see the fall heading to the actual drains. Stormwater ingress will be minimal and it's far better to have the top sitting flush rather…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum