Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Window Coverings for Alfresco doors Help?

Page 1 of 1
We are currently building and our new house has alfresco doors in it and im not sure what sort or windo coverings to use? I dont want curtain but want them to be able to block out heat and light:)
Thankyou
Not sure what kind of Alfresco doors you have? Are they sliding doors, stacker doors or bi-folds??

If they are sliding or stacker doors you can use panel glides..
Oh god question i think they are the bifold, they are the ones that concertina back on ach other if that makes sense?
Bi-folds are very hard to have window furnishing for it.. but you can do either bi-fold plantation shutters or if you just want to block the light and heat you can put a tint on the glass without having to actually hang any coverings..
I would go Rollerblinds.... they have some really nice ones around
What are bifodl plantation shutters? Didnt think of tinting the glass thats something to think about. I was origionally thinking of roller blinds but not where where they would actally fit them above the doors if that makes sense?
You can google bi-fold plantation shutters to see more info about them..

but to give you an idea it would be something similar to this..

or like this

Related
12/03/2024
Window coverings

Window Furnishings

Hi there I'm looking for a independent company for a expert report on my blinds ,sheers & plantation shutters I'm in Melbourne

27/06/2023
Alfresco pitch

Building A New House

Hello! I've alfresco pitch of 3 degrees sitting just below the highlight window. Need advice on below: 1. Will the 3 degree pitch be ok to drain the rain water? The roof…

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum