Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

selling & relocating old house instead of demolishing?

Page 1 of 1
I'd like to know if we can sell the 1960's weatherboard house off our property instead of demolishing it. I've found websites where you can list it for sale, even companies that will buy it, but they are all in Qld & Vic. Anyone know of one in Sydney?
I found links to the Qld & Vic ones on this forum. I tried googling for house relocation in Sydney but just get pages of furniture removalists.
There's the Trading Post, but I thought it would be better to go through a company that does this all the time.
How do we know if our house is a good candidate for relocation?
We’ve just done this with the house on our block (in Qld) We were payed (a little bit) for the house but had the block completely cleared as part of the deal. It was a mid 1950’s 3 bed, weatherboard & gal roof.

The buying/removal usually does not take on our type of house but they did because of the following:
- All the asbestos had been removed in a renovation 20 years ago and the wiring and plumbing was also undated then
- The kitchen and bathrooms were in good condition even though a bit dated
- The actual structure of the house was in good condition i.e. no rot or termite damage

It did need a paint inside and out but as it was being cut up this didn’t factor into the taking it or not.

Hope this helps.
Related
4/10/2023
Sikaflex Pro instead of Window Flashing?

Renovation + Home Improvement

AFAIK, flashing is a minimum standard. Out of curiosity is your window glass stamped with AS requirements in any of the corners of each pane? Im almost certan if theyre…

14/03/2024
Junk left behind in an old house

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Hi, just discovered all these junks left behind under the floor. Could any of these be asbestos? Best to leave as it is or clean up? Thank you for your thoughts

7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum