Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

J_and_T's House Build in Lightsview

Page 11 of 13
Yeh, we found Beaumonts really easy to deal with. The $9k variation is because we didn't choose ANY tiles from the builders range, so they came with a premium cost. We also have a natural stone feature wall x2 in our ensuite which was $2000 alone. It all adds up!

Yes CE, you will be able to see everything! Your area has shot up in the past month, with all the new streets and houses going.up. Its great. Have u been given handover date?
YAYAYAYAY - Completely approved by COUNCIL! Very excited!
How did I only see this now?!? Stupid new forum app didn't alert me! Sorry about that.. Was just wondering where you disappeared to! That's fantastic though! Very glad to hear you're finally approved
do the site works start soon?
CrazyEagle
How did I only see this now?!? Stupid new forum app didn't alert me! Sorry about that.. Was just wondering where you disappeared to! That's fantastic though! Very glad to hear you're finally approved
do the site works start soon?

Nope, no siteworks just yet... we are DEEEEEEP into selections at the moment, and as it is a completely custom home, they estimate selections to take one to two months!! So frustrating... such a slow and long process!

So much development happening over your way, it's crazy how quickly they can make roads and pathways etc. Pretty soon, we will be able to get through to our houses from Hamstead road direct!! Crazy!

Will keep you posted on selections
2 months?!? Wow! That's awesome though, means you can make sure every little thing is as you want it! Ours took a little while, and while I'm glad it's over, I am happy that the builder gave us the time to get everything right. I've heard of some builders only giving one session/day to get everything sorted.. Imagine how overwhelming that would be!

And you're right, there seems to be a lot if development going on in our area! I'm keen to see the new road to Hampstead!
IMMM BAACCCCKKK!

Sooo, we have FINALLY finished our selections - jeez they took forever!! We should sign them off this week, and site works should commence just as you move in CE!! hehe..

Looking forward to the next stage now
Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been a stranger! I do walk around your area when I can though to see what's going on
Wow J - selections were intense for you by the sound of things!
Intense is an understatement.

Just got my valuation back too - $25K less than what we are paying (due to the way-overpriced LV land). So I have to add a nice chunk of $30K into the build (or pay $32K in Lenders Mortgage Insurance). Fun times.

BUT I am very excited about starting the build, not long now

Juski, we drive past your house alot now, as my cousin has bought a block and is building in your street
J_and_T

Just got my valuation back too - $25K less than what we are paying (due to the way-overpriced LV land). So I have to add a nice chunk of $30K into the build (or pay $32K in Lenders Mortgage Insurance). Fun times.

Juski, we drive past your house alot now, as my cousin has bought a block and is building in your street

Oh what a shame! Yes, I have heard other instances of overvalued land
At least you have a way around it, I guess...!

Oh really?? Which house??
J_and_T
IMMM BAACCCCKKK!

Sooo, we have FINALLY finished our selections - jeez they took forever!! We should sign them off this week, and site works should commence just as you move in CE!! hehe..

Looking forward to the next stage now

The next stage is obviously by far the best! Although if you're like us and go by the house nearly every day you might get a little impatient lol. But no really, every little new thing is super exciting
Do you know how long they expect the build to be?
juski
J_and_T

Oh what a shame! Yes, I have heard other instances of overvalued land
At least you have a way around it, I guess...!

Oh really?? Which house??

She hasnt started site works yet, but I think it may be on the corner?? Not sure... will let you know

Yeh, the land for terrace houses etc is actually not baddly priced, but the cost of the bigger blocks really kills it - my council rates state that my land is actually worth $90,000 less than what i paid for it!! But, i guess we are paying for the location and the community vibe and the landscaping of LV too, so I have to take all of that into consideration.

CE - I am really excited about the next step... it has taken so long to get to this point, I just cant WAIT to see someone digging up some dirt on my land! I think I will run over and give them a hug! Haha.
Your house is going to be seriously epic... once it's done the land value stuff will be a distant memory. Natural stone feature walls in the bathroom - I want to see! Can you HURRY UP?
juski
Can you HURRY UP?

Tell that to the builders!! I feel like we are constantly waiting! Waiting for final re-drafts, waiting for selections appointments, waiting for building scehdules... waiting waiting waiting!! I should post some photos for you all to see of our selections, but I can show most of you today anyway on my phone.
have you post the Natural stone feature wall photo before???
i haven't seen it yet
Hi Everyone... Just wondering if you all had to pay water bills from SA Water from the day you purchased the block?? I was under the impression we only had to pay once people were building on it, but I have just been slapped with a $515 bill for a YEARS's worth of water services to the block!! HELP!
Hi there! I have a block in Hallet Cove and yep, I got an outrageous bill from SA Water also. Just to have the water and sewer service.
Would love to see photos of your tile selections for the bathroom, J & T, or if you know the tile product numbers so I can check them out on Beaumont's website. Did they say anything about having to seal the stone tile for the bathroom?
No idea sorry! We haven't had any bills at all? Maybe I should follow that up!
We have been paying for the connection each quarter since the block settled.
Ok so I'm having a bit of a panic attack I think! I'm fearing the bill has gone to the wrong address because we moved house like a fortnight after settlement.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

16/08/2023
Container house Build - Queensland

Building A New House

Did you ask the Architect

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum