Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sammymac's build! - We have keys!!! :-)

Page 60 of 64
Congratulations!!!

have fun guys! very happy for you
Congratulations Sammy
congrats on the keys sammy
I wouldn't be able to wait either! Hope it was everything you dreamed of and more.

It sure was busy in the front yard of your place this afternoon.

Hope the move goes well.
Thanks everyone! I can't believe it's finally all happened! Was certainly a busy day, I went from Brighton to our house twice, got the bank cheque, went to the city for handover, packed, cleaned for a freakin rental open inspection etc etc.

They've fixed all the issues in the house, except we are waiting on the proper door handles.

I'm really unimpressed with the handover 'clean' on our house. There's dirt everywhere, dusty footprints on the carpet, the kitchen bench hasn't been wiped down, and the toilets are dirty. Really disappointed.
Congratulations Guys!!! Now the fun part of deciding how to decorate begins!

Yeah, A 'builders clean' is pretty basic, unfortunately. Ours wasn't too bad, but I still had to wipe every surface, inside every drawer and every cupboard! But hey, IT'S YOURS!!!!

Best wishes moving and making your house into a wonderful home xo
Congratulations! Hope the move goes well
Congrats Sammy!! We moved into a brand new rental three years ago and it was "builders clean" as well. It takes a while to get it to a proper clean. Basically just wipe every surface possible, including doors and door frames. Vacuum every crack and crevice and wipe the ducts as well. Builders dust gets everywhere.

Can't wait for a full gallery of photos
I have one photo so far!

Wow that looks SO nice Sammy
Looks great, Congrats to you both
wow it looks perfect!!
congratulations!
What a beautiful kitchen
Looks fantastic!

Oh yes builders clean is not a real clean!
Ahhh yes, the "clean" in Builders Clean is just, remove the construction junk and big bits of cr@p, not a clean, clean at all!
I'd rather clean it up myself anyway, do it properly and thoroughly

Kitchen looks fantastic
I normally dont like white kitchens, but yours is just delightful!
Looks lovely. House gets dirty when moving in anyways
Amazing

4 Beta
Congratulations to you both!!

I hope this doesn't mean an end to this thread

Thanks for sharing your process with us all.
Amazing! Wonderful! Superb!
Thanks all! Don't worry, I'll stick around for a while!!!!
I complained about our 'clean'. There was pee drops on the toilet floor, and dirty footprints everywhere! We paid good money for this house, I ain't standing for that!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum