Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Embassy New Build - more pictures!!

Page 2 of 5
grumble - great advice. I may have send my drawings and electrical plans etc for you to look at haha
Hey Grumbles

Oh now i get it. We have made exact measurements lol of where the bed will be on the bedroom wall, and planned where to put the controls so all can be turned off in bed
but a remote is a great idea too.....oh and love your suggestion on someone else's page to do a red front door, we are doing a red door.

LeanneR
grumble - great advice. I may have send my drawings and electrical plans etc for you to look at haha

Yeah Grumble you should have done our electirical plan, we were hopeless and we are going to have some weird switch placements I feel.

Go with the red door Stacey, love a coloured door...there was someone who painted there door in Dulux red box?? Not sure, but it looked great on their house.
Step one: Septic System Planning Permit Approval received

Awaiting final plans & signed contracts to forward to the bank for finance approval......wonder how long this will take.........but then the builder is waiting for finance approval to continue
......im sure it all works out in the end
Have just added pictures of the tapware, basins, bath & sinks we have chosen

http://staceysembassy.blogspot.com.au/

What brand etc is your butler panty sink? We need a single rectangle sink that isn't undermount. Otherwise we'll just have to have a round one
Hi LeanneR

Its is the Afa exact 404 undermount/inset sink. It is on the reece website. We chose it because it is narrow but has depth. We saw it in reece a few weeks ago and is a great size when we dont want an sink that eats up the bench space

Hope this helps
oops LeanneR i stated the wrong one & posted the wrong picture
. That one is available but we found a narrower one that is undermount that suited us better The Afa vertus 380. Also on reece but is only undermount.
Just wondering what people have been quoted to put 3phase power in for an aircon unit?
Hiya

Just wondering if anyone has used under tile or screed heating? (Not in slab floor heating) Did you DIY or get someone to install and are you happy with it?

Cheers

Lesley
How is the finance process going btw?
Hey Andystar

Well waiting on Builders Insurance Policy, Final Plans and Building permits to get the final finance. Taking its time in being done, was hoping for a slab before christmas but im thinking not. Oh well no rush and would rather it done properly than rush and make mistakes.

Hopefully will have some news this week with those documents for the bank.

Cheers
Staceys Embassy
Just wondering if anyone has used under tile or screed heating? (Not in slab floor heating) Did you DIY or get someone to install and are you happy with it?

We considered doing this, but decided not to (Sydney's probably less temp-variable than where you are, so the heating's not such a big thing). The reason was because we wanted the hydronic heating in the kitchen & particularly the laundry too; the builder wouldn't do it (this seems fairly typical of project-home builders in Sydney), and DIY'ing or getting someone else to do it means the builder couldn't do the kitchen & laundry benches etc. So we'd have to get the house handed-over without flooring or kitchen or laundry, then two extra sets of tradies in for that stuff & more chance for them all to be blaming each other if something went wrong.
Well we got the final plans on Friday however they chose to change things on them that were not asked to be changes so back to the drawing board. Also we worked out that there was not enough room to put an in wall tap with the tiles, the height of the basin and the height of the vanity. Hubby is 6'4" so we have asked for our vanity to be at 800mm then bowl on top. To do with with tiles at the back meant that the mirror was too high for me so we are now doing mirror the whole way to the bench top. Not sure if this is expensive. Any ideas anyone????

Chers
Well we got our conditional finance approval today....just waiting on land valuation
no word on building permit as yet but hopefully we might be at site by February, only 12 months since this process began!!!
congrats staceys embassy great news
also love the idea of the red door
Thanks 1rocky, so excited. It has been one long road to get to here. Yeh love the door colour too, have discovered another house in the estate with the same door style and colour too but oh well. Have since changed our bricks and roof colour, will update our blog today. Have gone Aubergine for bricks with surfmist roof, gutters etc and garage door and nantucket (grey) colour for render.
looking forward to seeing your new colors
Well, got the phone call this morning, UNCONDITIONAL FINANCE APPROVAL

Also have updated our blog with new bricks and colours

http://staceysembassy.blogspot.com.au/
Yay!!! Woohoo we just got our conditional finance yesterday. Cant wait til unconditional.. the final step of the finance side of things. Thank goodness my mortgage broker is awesome

Your bricks will look great! Love the colour combo
Related
5/12/2023
Concerns with my Tiler's job. With Pictures

Bathrooms and Laundry

Regardless of wall hung toilet or floor pan toilet your feet will be right on drain, seems to me the waste should not be in that location given the design. Also are you…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum