Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

kitchen options with PD raised floor??

Page 1 of 1
hi there!!

did anybody chose the raised floor option in the kitchen with PD?? it's in the display at mernda and point cook??
JoBen
hi there!!

did anybody chose the raised floor option in the kitchen with PD?? it's in the display at mernda and point cook??

We were going to if we built the regent. Why ?
hey rel,
we are planning to have it and i was jsut wondering how it went for durabilty etc. i think it looks great!!
JoBen
hey rel,
we are planning to have it and i was jsut wondering how it went for durabilty etc. i think it looks great!!

Ahhh

PD have raised floors i quite a few of their homes. They look fabulous
They survive ok their display homes with hundreds of feet clmabering over them. As long as they are structurally sound you shouldn't have any problems.
anyone else??

All I can see with the kitchen on the platform is a whole lot of trouble!

Lots of potential for tripping and falling whilst carrying hot, boiling liquids or food.....

hmmmmm I think it looks interesting but just not safe...

Just my 2 cents

Fiona
I must admit I do not like them at all and totally agree with Talinsmum.
A house on our estate took a long time to sell, it had a raised kitchen platform and all I could focus on was how dangerous it looked. I never critise any ideas that people have on this forum because we are all different and unique, but this to me is purely a safety issue

Mrs B
my cousin is a physio ( but he never give me a massage! ) and he does believe the platform will bring household accident, e.g. a small kids toy hidden from your vision when you stepping down with hot pot in hands ,
so i agree with the former post.

i think PD put merbau or jarrah or iron bark timber floating floorboard so durability should be ok

but again, it is totally a personal preference
thanks for the feedback guys, as we have a little tyke- it may be worth reconsidering.

I guess though it's no different to a sunken lounge etc- Hmm lots to think about

Does anyone actually have one??
JoBen
I guess though it's no different to a sunken lounge etc- Hmm lots to think about

actually I think its a lot different
- whilst the tripping hazard is the same for both - the level of risk for the raised kitchen is a lot higher due to the daily preparation of hot foods and liquids......

But it really comes down to what you want? if you want the raised kitchen and you're not a clutz (like I am
) then go for it, I just wouldn't have it in my house....

Fiona
Related
28/12/2023
Matt Black Kitchen .. Options

Kitchen Corner

I asked this question of one of the forum's resident cabinet makers who may/may not wish to identify himself to answer other questions if he sees this, but the rersponse…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum