Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Henley Empire - PCI booked for 19th June

Page 2 of 4
weather looks good this week
very little progress on site last week. Spoke to SS finally and he says he is waiting for the concreter to attend the job. He reckons the things will move this week. Fingers crossed. Meeting with SS on Tuesday hopefully he will have a slab pour date confirmed by then!!
Met with our Site Manager. Very friendly guy. He is still waiting for the concreter.
such a shame, weather has been good too....
tengals
such a shame, weather has been good too....

Yeah the weather has been amazing. And it would have been best time to pour the slab. Hopefully SS should be able to organise someone else for the job at least this week.
fingers crossed for you
JAG, i sent you a PM
Hey Jag, I am also building a Henley Empire Q1 at the moment. I am up to Fixing Stage. Building commenced in July so I am delighted with the progress that has been made and they are now saying completion is likely to be before Christmas. All has run smoothly and I have been happy with the works so far. Have had a few little issues with clumsy tradesmen but apart from that very happy with what I can see thus far. Certainly love the design and layout of the home. MJM
Finally things started moving again. Slab going in on Saturday. Hopefully the weather will stay put. Fingers crossed.
mmac22
Hey Jag, I am also building a Henley Empire Q1 at the moment. I am up to Fixing Stage. Building commenced in July so I am delighted with the progress that has been made and they are now saying completion is likely to be before Christmas. All has run smoothly and I have been happy with the works so far. Have had a few little issues with clumsy tradesmen but apart from that very happy with what I can see thus far. Certainly love the design and layout of the home. MJM

Hopefully our build will run smoothly like yours too!
thats good new jag, i wondered where you had been. What was the holdup?>
tengals
thats good new jag, i wondered where you had been. What was the holdup?>

Hey Tengals, I was on a business trip and haven't got time to update the forum while I am away. The base stage is now complete and the framing is underway.

Now that I am back I will keep you updated as we go.

Jag
The framing has been complete today. Also the frame inspection is done and I am waiting to see the report. According to our building inspector, there are no major issues but number of minor issues. Looking forward to see the report.
nice one....

any photo's?
tengals
nice one....

any photo's?

Tengals I will update the blog soon. How is your building coming along mate? I like to see you guys move in before the Christmas. Fingers and toes crossed for you.
thanks mate,

we are at tiling/painting stage
Roofing is done. Bricks and plaster delivered. Last night's rain helped me notice a small leak in the roof above dressing. Need to send an email to SS.
looking good there
tengals
looking good there

Thanks Tengals
Looking good!
We're building with Plantat!on (Henley) in QLD. Looking forward to seeing more of your build!
Related
9/06/2023
Calibrate on Canberra Build Price June 2023

Building A New House

Wow I hadn't realised things had gotten that pricey in just a couple of years since I built, that is crazy with how much land is now costing if you aren't lucky enough to…

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum