Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate - Fencing

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Just organising my fencing as need to get done in next couple of weeks. (top class Fencing and Ezy Fencing both quotes if anyone needs)

my neighbour (73 Stanley Road) contacted me this week after receiving my letter and quotes. He is under the impression that his fencing was included by his builder, therefore he was confused about why I was getting quotes and sending them to him.

Totally cool and really nice guy but he is checking with his builder and coming back to me.

I was under the impression that builders might put an 'allowance' in the contract for fencing, but didn't actually touch it, because it requires multiple stakeholders and its a jointly funded exercise with adjoining properties and is also contingent on who needs it done first?

Am I right here, and has he got his wires crossed, or is it common for a builder to package in, and do, fencing as part of a build, when there are other houses that need to be fenced on the same block?

Hhhhhmmmmm
some builders include it, it should be stated in the contract
Thanks mate, fair enough, well that is a pain because they havent even started their scrape and are 6 months off having a houser to move into, and mine is ready so ill need to talk to their builders.

Cheers
exactly, im sure if you speak to the builder and forward the quoations etc, they will authorise 1/2 the amount to you, if it was accounted for in your neighbours contract.
Sherro i would send the quote to your neighbour and they can sort it out with their builder. Why should you have to chase it up. Only temp fencing was included in our contract.
yeah hear you loud and clear.

Unfortunately I am the one with the sense of urgency, they haven't even started scrape so its in my interests to get it done. Looks like their builder wants to see the quote and will possibly sign off on it so fingers crossed.

Turns out it was in their contract they would get fence aswell.
Oh good ur making progress
Just one thing its not 73 that's us! :p
Sherro at least you have a neighbour to deal with. No idea what we are going to do with the another developer behind us and no titles until at least mid year. Glad its only the short fence.
that's great you're now at the fencing stage Sherro!. we still haven't got a start date yet =( do you mind sending through the quotes so we get a rough idea what to budget for?
Allow 1500 - 2000 in your budget and you should get them comfortably, our quotes are roughly $59 a lineal metre including starting posts and gst
Hi Guys,
Im building in Stage 27, Westwood BVD. I've got a quote from MR FUSSY FENCING. HE charges $55 per lineal meter. I think He is the cheapest. It's a hassle that we have to chase it up since neighbours aren't even building yet! Anyone with cheaper quote, please let me know or share!! Waiting to see if I can save a few dollars!!
Hi Mate,

WE (75 and 73 Stanley) got quoted $55 and $59 from Budget fencing and Top Class fencing. When we investigated the $55 it turned out with extras it was actually $59 also, but $4 difference is only about $100.

I am in same boat as you Vipark in that none of my neighbours are really ready to fence, let alone thinking about it, with the exception of Dan and Jen at 73.

On one side they are building and need the space, behind me haven't responded to either of my two letters and the side of me had his fencing included in his build so I have to deal with his builder (Sienna) who want notice to fence documents etc.

I guess it is the reality of everyone building at different stages, some being months apart.
I spoke to my SS and he said it is not uncommon for people to just get fencing done if neighbours are not responding or land hasn't titled or build started next door etc. The downside is you have to carry the cost until such a time they poke their heads up.

But they have to fess up at some point as it is law...

I am sure it will be a breeze. But on top of having to move house, organising landscaping and repairing stuff on current rental house while working full time, it feels like a more stressful outing than it probably is, this fencing caper.
Hi Guys,

we have chapel road running along the back of our land, can we build a higher fence? anyone know anything about that?
Check with Somerfield and in your Land contract, I know corner blocks have different guidelines so maybe back fences do too??
Hi all
I built in Somerfield in the earlier stages Stage 1E on Church Road
You can get names of neighbours to contact regarding fences from either Somerfield
or maybe the council
I did that and contacted them by email or phone

We have been in our house for two years now and almost done everything

Looking at Solar panels but not sure who and where to go as there are so many
companies around

Also looking at light fittings or whether can put down lights in on our bottom level

Josie
Hi BB13
If you have Chapel road running behind you doesnt Somerfield do the fencing like they did for
the people in Stage 1E whose property backed onto Chapel Road?
josie
Hi BB13
If you have Chapel road running behind you doesnt Somerfield do the fencing like they did for
the people in Stage 1E whose property backed onto Chapel Road?

Yeah the fence is built, but because its a road running around the back, i wouldnt mind it a little higher by either attaching something to it, not sure if its allowed. i guess i could always plant some nice plants along the back fence which will grow in time.

Also i have noticed so many fences on corner blocks with horizontal timber planks that have gaps between them, you can see straight into the backyards, not sure what those poeple will do about it, i wouldnt be happy.
Related
25/09/2023
Invisible Channel Fix Glass Fencing

Pools & Spas

Need to remove glass panel out of concrete without wrecking the glass to get the spa room in, any recommendations on how to do that. Thank you

20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum