Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

PCI not far off

Page 7 of 7
spalshback is awesome
_lucinda
Miss Mia, that looks absolutely stunning.

joane
Wow certainly does look good!!!

AmyMumma23
A-Mazing splashback!! Love it!!

deluxes
Oh wow... I've only just seen your splashback...
WOWZA! What a gorgeous feature & such a beautiful colour

1rocky
spalshback is awesome

Thanks Guys, we changed our mind at selections from a lighter and brighter blue to this deeper blue “ABYSS LOW IRON GLASS” and think it has paid off with the contrast with the white.
Really has a calm oceanic feel to it in the morning when the open plan living is flooded with sunshine. We both scuba dive so maybe it is just something with the Blue of the ocean that drew us to this colour.

Have walkthrough tomorrow which will be just that on our watch, it is not the final PCI as we confirmed that with SS given our desire to have an inspector undertake a pre-handover inspection.

I would hope from the meeting we will atleast know a Handover date
Hope it's soon for you, Miss Mia. The splashback is certainly a perfect choice for you and will give exactly the effect of oceanic calm that you are after--once again, it is simply stunning.
your house looks lovely
And the tortoise takes a closer step
We can now tick off the Rangehood installed and vented through the roof
Eleactrical took a step closer to being completed albeit have left a nice hole in the TV recess which I am sure they were meant to patch up.

And this evening we saw:-

Just waiting an email from last Friday to be returned with ETA on Handover.

Independant Building inspector doing a Pre-Handover inspection Thursday so shall look forward to his report card
Yay, hope the card from inspector comes back clean
Love the sign, Miss Mia. Fingers crossed for the inspection.
Well the report came back and as the inspector said "there are more defects than usual".

Gristy heard from our mutual SS that he had received the report and was F this and f that...

i think the picture below showing the wuality of our window frames is testimony to the B grade job this whole project has been. It is like they went and cleaned all our windows with a pot scourer. This is on like all but 1-2 windows.

Almost feel like telling them to stick it up their.............. if they make this difficult which I am sure they will then a call to HIA and MBA will be on the cards.

Sick of their weak excuses and C grade trades which have been the case from day One.

Angry...just a little !!!
So sorry to hear this Miss Mia. I hope you can get all the problems fixed with minimal issue.
Fingers crossed Fairmont. The frustration is very annoying. We can accept there will be issues along the way but the sum of the parts adds up unfortunately. Reality is any Builder should take pride in the work and Customer Experience.
Maybe with my vocation I am use to delivering a high level of professional service and set the expectations to high !!! Then I know I don't when the windows are presented like that as if someone took to them with a stick.
Bad service annoys me too. There are so many things already that could have been a big problem such as wrong brick laid if we were not micro managing.
As for the windows I don't get why they did not stop when they scratched the first one!
Doesn't look acceptable to me. I'd want repairs, and repairs that make it look like new, not just patch ups that are obvious. You are paying a lot of money for your house and you deserve to get what you pay for, not poor quality materials or workmanship. Hope everything is sorted soon.
Meant to say that there was a guy in an m ute there this morning and a painter.
D day tomorrow, official Handover after 2 x Pre-Handover.

The message got across last Friday and come Monday 7am there was no less that 2 sparkies, 3 painters and a tiler all working through it. Unfortunately as reported earlier as to the condition of our window frames they are to all be replaced after handover.

Shall report in once the keys are to hand and hopefully the HWS and Gas Hob all installed.

Exciting times
Good to hear that they are fixing all issues and that you will have keys soon. Shame about the windows, will be a big job. Stupid cleaners!
I'm so glad to hear all issues will be rectified, it must have been pretty stressful!
All the best for tomorrow
Pity the windows will have to be done after handover, but must be exciting to be so close to moving in.
Hope its all gone well for you today!
Hi miss mia, I hope all is going well. I drove past the other day and admired your swimming pool
Related
22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum