Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Frozenkuku's build: Lightsview terrace - moved in - photo

Page 2 of 18
Doesn't sound good at all frozenkuku.. Hope it gets sorted soon!!
CrazyEagle
Doesn't sound good at all frozenkuku.. Hope it gets sorted soon!!

i think you are the only lucky one that gets approval that quick
they are also super strict to us cos they said our street will be the first attention when people drive down the waterford
so the reserve park side must look super nice.
LV replied me today saying my emcumbrance got approved.
Hopefully my builder will receive it tomorrow and allow me to post my house to this forum.
Hooray!!!!!! About time! :p Bet you're relieved frozenkuku!! Did they say why it took so long?
That is good news, now you can really get started
CrazyEagle
Hooray!!!!!! About time! :p Bet you're relieved frozenkuku!! Did they say why it took so long?

there is 2 main issures with mine, i knew the 1st one, but it has been solved around july-august
the 2nd one i am not sure, but it is about the facades.
i am not sure yet what my builder has changed in order to pass it.
His phone is off today,I will update once i find it out.
frozenkuku

Here is warning, no matter what lightsview sale says, don't believe him, tell him to put in writing. We've been fooled by the sales that lightsview will be flexible with the courtyard size as long as outdoor living area (courtyard + balconies) >40m2. If we knew that is a lie we probably won't purchase the land.

Hi frozenkuku,

Was nice reading about the selection process of your builder. I must say you are spot on in saying that anything that Lightsview says must be in writing... we've had our share of frustration and anger with the planners in Lightsview... they can be pretty draconian with the rules! but when you move into your completed home in the near future, it will be all worth it

Good luck with the build in Lightsview.
Congratulations!
05/10/12 - front and back facades update
haven't update the progress for a while, being waiting from my builder to send me the better floor plan and final encumbrance but receive nothing, so i decide to just show what they gave me on the contract. This way, we can have more discussion or my thread is officially dead

from what i have been told, the front and back will be the same as my contract except the sycon linea on the top of the house. Lightsview doesnot like linea, so they have changed it to metal mash material. I don't know what is the metal mash cladding looks like, any idea??? from what i googled, the metal mash is the thing that they look on the car's front bumper. Looks quite cheap and ugly, do you think it is a upgrade or downgrade?? i need advise.

if i still haven't receive the floor plan by the end of next week, i will just post the version i have.

Hope it's all sorting itself out as the days go by frozenkuku? I'm not too sure about the cladding, but I would be surprised it they would choose to downgrade the look of the estate, especially in the very early stages when they are trying to impress new purchasers and developers?
frozenkuku
05/10/12 - front and back facades update
haven't update the progress for a while, being waiting from my builder to send me the better floor plan and final encumbrance but receive nothing, so i decide to just show what they gave me on the contract. This way, we can have more discussion or my thread is officially dead

from what i have been told, the front and back will be the same as my contract except the sycon linea on the top of the house. Lightsview doesnot like linea, so they have changed it to metal mash material. I don't know what is the metal mash cladding looks like, any idea??? from what i googled, the metal mash is the thing that they look on the car's front bumper. Looks quite cheap and ugly, do you think it is a upgrade or downgrade?? i need advise.

if i still haven't receive the floor plan by the end of next week, i will just post the version i have.

what about stained timber? that would look really nice! if your not happy come up with a few different ideas! you need to be happy after all!
I will be surprise if that is a downgrade too.
so it should be a upgrade, it doesnot make sense if LV doesn't like linea but like metal mash if metal mash is a horrible thing
Never seen one done in residental homes, very curious.

LV did suggest they want stained timber, but i don't know why my builder ends up with metal mash. I didn't get involved in the review, my builder just said leave it to him.

The major reason why we didn't choose timber at beginning is because our building is east/west elevation. (so obviously the drawing is wrong...sign), we've been told the maintenance of the timber will be pain in the a*s and it won't look good when the timber fades out. East/West sun is horrible.
There's always metal with timber finish. You get the look of timber, without the hassle of maintenance.
you got photo of what metal mash looks like on cladding??
The elevations look great Frozenkuku! You must be relieved that you got Lightsview approval after so much time! Everything seems to be moving along nicely now? We are looking forward to seeing your floorplan when you put it up!

Not sure what the metal mesh will look like, make sure you see it before agreeing to something which may not look any good! As TripleA suggested, you can get manufactured "timber" which gives the look of timber without the maintenance. We opted against it as we could tell the difference between them and preferred the look of real timber (not looking forward to the maintenance though!)
hi crazyeagle, thx for the feedback

i do feel worry about changing something for us that is unknown to us. Not show how the agreement works but it is different to the contract, so i am not sure if we don't like it, we can change it or not. It's already been approved by LV and sent to council.

I am very surprised that my builder doesn't show us what has been changed that is different to the contract before they submit and after they submit. Up until now, i still have no idea what have been changed. He still does not reply my last few emails. Does your builder has this kind of problems?
Quote:
i do feel worry about changing something for us that is unknown to us. Not show how the agreement works but it is different to the contract, so i am not sure if we don't like it, we can change it or not. It's already been approved by LV and sent to council.

It's your home and you are paying for it, I think you have every right to 1) check your plans and 2) change your plans

Quote:
I am very surprised that my builder doesn't show us what has been changed that is different to the contract before they submit and after they submit. Up until now, i still have no idea what have been changed. He still does not reply my last few emails

Are you able to go to the builder's office and request to see what they have submitted? Anything that is changed would be a variation and would have to be signed by you, I would have thought.
Hi Frozenkuku! I think your elevations look gorgeous! But I can understand your concern about the mesh. Can your builder show you any other houses where they've used it before?
frozenkuku
I am very surprised that my builder doesn't show us what has been changed that is different to the contract before they submit and after they submit. Up until now, i still have no idea what have been changed. He still does not reply my last few emails. Does your builder has this kind of problems?

We haven't had any communication issues with our builder. When Lightsview had a problem with our chosen materials, the builder emailed us straight away with a solution. They suggested Scion Stria and provided an internet link to their website to view the product. We then gave the okay to use this before they submitted the change to Lightsview again.

Don't be afraid to confront your builder if there is anything your not happy with. After all you're the one paying for it and the one who is going to be living there.

Looking forward to seeing your floorplans when you get them!
guys, floor plan is up

ground floor
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/thchang01/IMG_2320.jpg

first floor
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/thchang01/IMG_2319.jpg

i will wait for the clearer one...the plan is too big to take a clear photo and impossible to fit my scanner

my floorplan features my need such as
additional garage door straight to pantry (builder kept on selling this point)
large main bedroom with large WIR (my partner's requirement)
main bedroom has private study room (my requirement, i need a computer in my room)
master room has private balcony (for the reserve park view)
bed2,3 have shared balcony (for the lake view)
large home theater (i love big screen)
tiles for the entire house (we don't like timber or carpet)
reasonable size of retreat room upstairs
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum