Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Shower Niche help- single brick; can it be done?

Page 4 of 4
Hmm I'd better send an email. Yet another change :/

Although don't I meet the tiler at some stage.. isn't that one of the rare times you get supervised visits?
I tried to add this shelf thing at Prestart but they couldn't understand what I wanted, so I just figured everyone sorted it out themselves.
Maybe send them an email with that link to help explain what you're after? Hopefully it won't cost extra but it's probably best to add it in now and avoid disappointment later on.
It depends on the builder as to whether you have a meeting with the tiler or not. We didn't have one. I went around when I knew he was on site so I could talk to him, but we went with a smaller builder so they could be a bit different. I would definitely try and get on site when they're tiling if you can just to double check everything as its really hard to get things fixed if done wrong.
Jen1977
We are having them in all 3 of our bathrooms. Our builder, Rawson, does them for free.

Macdonald Jones charges $190.00 for them.

$600 is a massive cost.

Our builder is doing it for $1850 exc. GST for 2 Shower niche size 750mmx400mm. FAR OUT!
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum