Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Which boundary?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide on my house orientation, or more specifically which side of the boundary the windows should face, considering the direction of the winter sun, etc. The following are two options - the dashed line is the block boundary and the straight line is an outline of the house.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78419038@N ... hotostream

Which one would be the way to go?

By the way the block is in Perth, WA if that makes a difference...

Thanks.
I would be going for design No 2 but having some trees on the northern western boundary to keep the late afternoon summer sun out of the windows
for me it would depend on what side the bedrooms are....i like my bedrooms to get the most shade, so it gives them a chance to cool down with our summer sun.
Design 2. Put your living areas in the north. Then put in appropriate shading as per:

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Related
19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

18/10/2023
Garage on boundary line.

General Discussion

In WA zero lot is actually zero lot. We build 10mm in from the boundary. My house and my neighbours house have garages that sit only 20mm apart. When I had our roof done…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum