Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our SH build - Moving in, woo hoo!

Page 3 of 10
bahahaha! I guess batting eyelashes wouldn't avoid a ticket from the fun police...
If you were male....it might
I have to be a party pooper and head off to bed - big decisions to make tomorrow!
Thanks for the laughs ladies! Hopefully talk again soon.
Good luck With the kitchen..hardest room.
Have fun!!!

Don't forget to show us.

Happy zzzzzzz
kelbelle
Kiwi - shhhh, you are casting light on the extent of my stalking!

Thanks BradS! No idea of the wash closet origins, I just grew up calling it that - British family though. We are pretty much Bowral, did you grow up in the area? We thought about opening up the living area, but wide open spaces = lots of space to heat! The front living area we are planning on using as formal dining, so the rumpus will (eventually) be a playroom type area.

So its a British thing, that makes more sense

I grew up in Kingsgrove but the family we have down there has spent nearly all their lives down there.

I hear you about the heating but you have chosen to live in the wrong area if your worried about it being cold lol
**Waves** to Bowral, I absolutely love it there. Was born in Bowral Hospital and have family there and Mittagong. Whenever I visit it feels like home.

Love your plans and an acre is great space. Look forward to following your build
Hi and thanks JLD! It always felt like home to me too, so we moved here

And BradS, the cold is one of the reasons why I love it here, but I am not a fan of huge bills so practicality won out! Although the solar panels we are putting in should help.
I am keen to see how much the solar makes a difference as well. Ours is only on the hot water though it should make a difference. We also have a gas fireplace so that will help as well

Currently everything we have is electric so our winter bills are huge!!!!
So no pics from kitchen consultation (it was just to plan the layout and cupboard types) and I have to wait at least 2 weeks to get our drawings
patience is not my strength

Anyway, we did get to finalise our plans today
so I thought I would list our exciting inclusions and variations:

And our variations:
* extended kitchen in line with dining area
* 2700mm (9ft) ceilings throughout
* 5kw solar system
* Dulux wash and wear paint throughout

Until we get to our colour appointment next week - hopefully that won't add too much!
So we managed to swing doing our colour appointment early, before we have officially signed contracts even, because we wanted to use our holiday time rather than trying to race over one Saturday.

Our biggest dilemma - the bricks
Back story goes like this: the normal company our builders use has CLOSED two of their production plants and the third is in QLD so they are hogging all the good bricks and there is *#@%*$ none left for us. So we went to Austral instead and they were fantastic, wonderful service and gave us these super cool hinged colourbond samples to take around to the brick wall display so we could see how the colours went together! I get excited by the littlest things, I know. Anyway, we picked an upgrade brick because we love them so but they are going to cost us $6500 extra
They are only sand, for goodness sake, it is free at the beach. The building company boss is trying to negotiate a sweet deal with Austral though so fingers crossed this will come down.

Anyway, to piccies!
Carpet (Jacaranda Eversoft Brazil) "donkey" coloured
with our wall colour (Dulux Male half) behind it

QLD Spotted Gum floor (this isn't our carpet place, but it is a good pic!)

Exterior colours (and my hubby's dirty fingernails) - the brick colours are on the previous page I think.
Clockwise from left: Dulux Natural white/white birch (front door, window frames), Dulux Isolde (cladding above front patio), Surfmist (fascias and eaves) and Ironstone (roof, gutters, downpipes, rainwater tank)

Kitchen colours
White gloss tile for splashback (not actual tile, I am getting 200x100mm subway tiles like here, in fact, that is pretty much my kitchen
), Dulux natural white cabinets and Ice Snow caesarstone 40mm benchtops

Bathroom colours
Clockwise from left: Matt white wall tiles, Laminex Avignon Walnut cabinets (it looks very brown in this pic, the real colour is here), gloss white Manooga Grandetops, charcoal/black matt floor tile

Shower recesses

Did I miss anything?

BIG smiles in our house tonight
Its a great feeling knowing that all these choices have been decided, I couldnt wait to get them done and it was a huge load off my mind so congrats on getting it done

Cant wait to see it all start to take shape
SOUNDS BRILLIANT!
well done.
good picks.

and yay for freebies

wheres the brick? on the other page?
yes they are...1st page
Oh BradS this was the fun part! I am now going to be bored out of my brain for months and months while my hubby gets excited about holes being dug and concrete and steel frames (why isn't there a :yawn: emoticon?)

Thanks Kiwi, we have made an effort to make it to our taste - turns out our taste is white and neutrals

We are partying with cheap wine - because we did make some savings today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Raynib9/smileys/yawn.gif

Ack, except page 1 is not our bricks anymore! Same type, we are just going a blend instead - this one

Eeek! Deemaree, how do I do it?
Photobucket my dear, photobucket.

Success! Thanks a million Deemaree! That would have bugged me for days...
Related
1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum