Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Red Ink Home-WE HAVE KEYS!!

Page 4 of 5
Not boring at all, exciting to think of no water bills...and that lovely rainwater to drink instead of horrible scheme water!!

Especially if they decide to recycle....EUWWWWWW!!

Do you have to have your own Aerobic treatment unit also?
yes trees. we had to get atu by shire requirements. our block backs onto a national park/lake. we were originally going to go with Ecomax, but they went into liquidation back in april/may [2 weeks AFTER they got our deposit
] so had to run around and start at the beginning. But the guys who did this one were brilliant and i couldnt recommend them enough. They knew of what happened previously, so agreed we would pay $0, until the unit was installed.
and we have turned half of one of the paddocks into the irrigation area.

those were the 2 biggest $$$$ outlay, to add to our build. glad they are done and out of the way now.
Were you able to site the unit and irrigation area where you wanted, or were there restrictions? We have to submit our site plan for this and are wondering if there are any specific guidelines for this???
council requirements just came into their setback requirements, which were minimum 50m from front boundary and minimum 10m in from side boundary.

health dept requirements for the unit are, minimum 1.2m from buildings, footpaths etc. and 3mt from bore, swimming pool or soakwell.
for the irrigation system 1.8m from open fences, footpaths, but only 0.5m from closed fences. and irrigation piping has to be purple in colour. [but the installers supplied all that for us]

we didnt reallly have to worry about space as it is in the 'middle of a paddock' so to speak.
looking great ..Garden0fneedn58..

Your water tank looks gorgeous
love the colour.. tee heee.

Seriously though You have what we most of us dream of one day calling home.
Amoung the gum trees & away from the city life..

hungry for kitchen pics

chelle
thanks dawes.

hubby chose the colour of the tank
amazing since he so is not into all that side of it, i also quite like it. something weirdly soothing about seeing all your water their
we are very lucky to be where we are. only thru having built in mandurah before 1997 and it was a sleepy little town, we built a 4x2 on a 700m2 block for less than $80,000. So when we came to sell it a couple of years ago we obviously made a good amount on it. and we were fortunate to find this block as it was owned by a man that had been put into a nh, and his 97 yo sister who had power of attorney had been paying his nh fees, but then needed to sell this place, so put it on really cheap, after the gfc.
so we are very fortunate

will def get some pics up soon. have been working nights so havent had the energy to do much last couple of weeks.
having trouble getting pics to/from imagshack atm, but heres a few:
our front door - yet to be stained

obviously the kitchen

linen press - having sliding mirrored doors

ensuite shower [cant get picture of ensuite bath to upload??? but it is practically the same as the kids bathroom one anyway.

getting pretty exciting now. am trying to get quotes for flooring, which is doing my head in. Too many choices.

kids bath
We have the exact same 'poo farm'! It's a Fuji Clean system isn't it? I love the fact that water goes from our rainwater tank, through the toilet then water's our garden. DH also says that he doesn't feel guilty having a long shower any more because he's just watering our plants! The only bit I don't like is having to pay the quaterly maintenance bill, but I figure if we were on sewer we would have to pay the sewer rates anyway.

Your house is looking great!
yes tam, its a fujiclean. we are prety happy with it. yr right about the quarterly maintenance, but still cheaper than paying the rates

my kids love the little 'keep off' signs.
Hey GoN, what colours are in your kitchen? They look very similar to mine and I obviously love them
looks amazing!
hi ally,
the cupboards colour is called Mulga and the benchtops are essastone bone white. Mulga was one of those ones that i just kept coming back to, and whenever i was trying different combinations with those ridiculously small swatches, Mulga always seemed to pop up in it.
it was also one of the biggest things i stressed about prior to prestart wondering if i had picked the right colours. but now they are in, i am really happy with them.

here is a random door pic. we upgraded all our internal doors. chose the Rockport as it kinda matches in with the front door;

this is the front door;

and as i was sitting here, the appliances as in the oven/rangehood and cooktop just got delivered....so hopefullyl that means they will go in soon.
Wow Garden looking fantastic. Love your front door and how you have that gorgeous bush view though it so glad you kept the glass clear. Love those Rockport doors too they just add that extra bit of class , Just lovely.
GardenofNeedn-58
The cupboards colour is called Mulga and the benchtops are essastone bone white. Mulga was one of those ones that i just kept coming back to, and whenever i was trying different combinations with those ridiculously small swatches, Mulga always seemed to pop up in it.
it was also one of the biggest things i stressed about prior to prestart wondering if i had picked the right colours. but now they are in, i am really happy with them.

They are gorgeous. I love the colours, they look just like the Laminex Peruvian Clay cupboards that are in my kitchen - lovely combination! Plus our benchtop is Laminex DG White Velencia, but I am veeery jealous of your essastone

Your house is beautiful!
the joys of country living

been here two years and this is the closest encounter we have had....
right up by the house and the dog went after it

little miss was yelling snake, but we thought she was just 'mucking' about until we went out there....
jeepers!! she's not scared of them!!

I can't even touch a photo of a snake

Love the Subject line change haha
How cute and proud is little miss...
hopefully you wont find many more but summer hasnt even started....
OMG go little miss, she's the next Bindi Irwin. We had a baby dugite in the house last summer. I bottled him up and put him back down the river. Just glad I got to it before the kiddies did, they are quite poisoness even when they are little. Gotta love living in the country
I am dreading my dogs getting bitten, let alone the kids
Loving your colours and especially your front door
Not loving the snake, but then you're just as likely to get them on a suburban block with out the benefit of lovely country living ...

Oh, and that explains why I could not find Ecomax the other day ...
Wow, GoN, she's a brave little one
I love snakes, though I'm very impressed that she's not scared. I used to go looking for them on our farm in Nth Dandalup when I was growing up. Never found any myself, just snake skins, which I used to bring home and scare my mother to death

p.s. I love your internal doors
Related
18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum