Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Suggestions/opinions sought?

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, hoping you can share some opinions on two things:

1) What colour/type of driveway to get? I/we are not really fans of exposed aggregate so don't plan to go with that, besides both of our neighbours have/will have it and I like to be different. I have included some pics below. Our garage doors will be in colorbond "evening haze" and there will be cladding on the side where the bricks haven't been done also similar colour to evening haze. As of today we now have temporary fencing up so I can't really take some better pics, and it does make it tricky because the garage doors aren't in or the cladding on yet, but even some preliminary ideas would be great!

2). Whether to tile cap the top of the brick pillars? Our brickie has suggested to do a tile capping on the top of the balcony brick pillars, but I cannot find any other pics or examples of people who have done this, so if anyone knows where I might find a pic would be much appreciated (the reason he gave behind the tile capping is to prevent mould on the bricks). Also would love suggestions on what tile to use or any other ideas? I have included a pic of the floor tiles that will be on the balcony so maybe something similar?

This is a pic of another property with the same design (our balcony is open and will have an aluminium balustrade)

This is the same colour/design our garage doors will be (thankyou to the forum member I stole this pic from):

A discarded brick and a sample of what our balcony tile will be :

I thought I liked this driveway but when I have done a crappy job of cutting and pasting it into the photo I don't think it suits the house

Close up of the pillars (they are not all the way up yet as the chippies haven't fixed the balcony)

There are more pics of the house and other info in my blog if that helps http://metriconcedar32.blogspot.com.au/

Here is a pic I have doctored to resemble the garage doors being in:
Your house looks great
Sorry I can't help on the tile capping but I did read somewhere on H1 that your driveway colour should match the roof. Having said that we want to have exposed agg (lighter) and we have a black roof.

Good luck deciding
We will be having a charcoal paved driveway with an almond border, our house is almond bricks and roof is monument.

Related
10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum